• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Released Dream World Pokemon

What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

• Drizzle Politoed

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Drought Ninetales

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Insomnia Delibird

Votes: 25 11.2%

• Total voters

Zachmac

For the Battle Subway and PWT: Truant Durant.
1) Use Entrainment.
2) Switch out to a Baton Passer like Smeargle.
3) Set up Shift Gear or Quiver Dance or any set up move you have while using Protect on the attacking turns of Truant.
4) Use Substitute when the opponent can't move then Protect next turn
5) Baton Pass to the Sweeper of your choice.

The only Lead Pokemon for the Leaders and Champions that has anything to counter Entrainment Durant is Brock's Onix with Protect in the Kanto Leaders Tournament but even with that, unless he uses it every other turn, you got nothing to worry about (It's only attacking move is Sand Tomb). Plus the AI is stupid enough to not switch out when it gets Truant.
I've never used it before but I really do want to try it out.
This actually sounds like a lot of fun.

Now to get my hands on one of those Durants....

swampsperts

Fight Fire with Fire
The Magic Guard Alakazam looks amazing to me. But I do also really like the Drizzle Politoed, the Magic Bounce Espeon, and the combination of Chlorophyll Venusaur and Drought Ninetales; they're all really effective as well. Can't wait to try some of these out!

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
I luv! Magic bounce espeon .... it livens up Hyper Offensive teams sooo much either by screens or by getting rid of those pesky Thunder Waves or Hazards without the need for Lum Berries or Spinners
Also It goes great with Sun teams as well and so with Drought Ninetails
But I think for changing the metagame it would be multiscale dnite. .. cause now it has soooo many options for use, it is EVERYWHERE .. be it DDer, Sp atker, tank, bulky ... the list is endless

Scratch

Lately been loving me some Ninetales and Venosaur combo, I'm playing around and trying to find the right 3rd pokemon to fit in there. Magnezone works ok unless I'm against a Garachomp :_:
But now I really want a speed boost blaziken

PokeAJ

I personally love the poison heal Gliscor. Always hated Breloom's design so it's nice to have a pokemon I actually like for that role.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
While I did vote for Blaziken in this thread in the past, I have changed my mind since then. After gaining more experience, I'd say that Espeon is easily the best released Dream World Pokémon, just because of how universally useful I have realized the ability to reflect status and entry hazards to be.

SASHA the master

A living Legend !
i think multiscale dragonite is way better than the others cuz this ability made him easily able to dance at least one time whick makes him a massive sweaper
then comes blaziken even though he isn't usually able to dance and his obvious protect can leave him up to some weakness , and his main move HJK is really dangerous if the opponent has a ghost type PKMN
and ofc drizzle and drought, even chlorophyll r very good abilities but they r more teamical

boyerboy

Feel the...BANG!
This thread is also "The most annoying DW pokemon to fight online" :D Anyways, I go with SB Blaziken

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
It's gotta be blaziken. It went from nothing last generation to an uber this generation. That is just amazing.

Wow. This is a tough one. All Pokemon mentioned above improved from the Dream World, and each in their own way. I personally am going to vote for Blaziken just because of Speed Boost. I mean, getting banned to Ubers just because of your ability combined with great attacking stats? That sounds like an incredible improvement IMO.

This. Otherwise I would have voted for Politoed, given the amount of rain teams that are running around.

the3rdH0kage

Turn my Swag on!
I should say Drizzle Politoed but I really don't like to use a Drizzle Politoed because Drizzle+Swift Swim is banned and I use a Kindgra as my main sweeper, so I will have to say either Technician Breloom or Magic Guard Alakazam.

JhenMohranMH3

Random Art Guy
Most annoying to fight online?

DW stunfisk with t-wave, substitute, and double team in a sandstorm.

lol Zach! woo! yeah! ........ totally... most annoying.... hmmmmm
I think i might actually have battled one of those ... that was a significant change

BlueDryBones1

Pokemon Breeder
Truant Durant being Baton Passed a mean look would make a great way to set up w/ a baton pass team. Im gonna try this.

Truant Durant being Baton Passed a mean look would make a great way to set up w/ a baton pass team. Im gonna try this.

Sadly, Mean Look cannot be Baton Passed anymore. However, the infamous Entrainment Truant Durant + Shadow Tag Chandelure combo was pretty annoying back in DW OU. There were a couple of times where I was able to pull it off and sweep teams nearly effortlessly with a +6 SubCM Chandelure.

Lorenzo The Comic

Pokémon Maniac
Blaziken aint uber

Speed Boost Blaziken, but most of the time I have trouble against Water, Flying Dragon and Psychic Pokémon with him (especially Starmie and Gyarados).

Zachmac

Speed Boost Blaziken, but most of the time I have trouble against Water, Flying Dragon and Psychic Pokémon with him (especially Starmie and Gyarados).
What set are you using?

252Atk Life Orb +2 Blaze Blaziken (+Atk) Hi Jump Kick vs 4HP/0Def Starmie (Neutral): 124% - 146% (327 - 385 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
It also OHKOs offensive Gyarados in the sun with Flare Blitz after a swords dance.

Flying types aren't a problem if you sacrifice protect for stone edge.

Lorenzo The Comic

Pokémon Maniac
Blaziken aint uber

I'm using this set:

Jolly Nature @ Life Orb
4 HP /252 Atk / 252 Spe
Swords Dance
Hi Jump Kick
Protect
Flare Blitz

I'll try replacing Hi Jump Kick with Sky Uppercut and giving it more coverage for Random Matchups.