• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Released Dream World Pokemon

What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?

• Drizzle Politoed

Votes: 64 28.6%
  • Magic Bounce Espeon

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Multiscale Dragonite

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Speed Boost Blaziken

Votes: 46 20.5%
  • Drought Ninetales

Votes: 12 5.4%
  • Chlorophyll Venusaur

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Hydration Vaporeon

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Poison Heal Gliscor

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Magic Guard Alakazam

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Insomnia Delibird

Votes: 25 11.2%

• Total voters

Kyro13

Banned
I'd say Politoed, since it most greatly impacted the metagame, whereas Blaziken just shot up into Ubers, which is a much less played tier than OU

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
While Blaziken got an instant boost (no pun intended) and went off on a meteoric rise to Ubers, it's not the mon that impacted the game the most. The answer to the question "What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?" is undeniably Drizzle Politoed. It brought the universally present Rain into OU, ended up getting Swift Swim users banned when used with him, and boosts the power of a whole host of things, and the accuracy of more. Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I, Keldeo, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Genesect... all of these benefit hugely from the Rain and have been in the top threats to prepare for since their release. Drizzle is THE most broken ability in the game, and there's a reason Kyogre and Groudon are in Ubers.
And to those that think that auto-weather isn't the reason, we brought them down to OU in Gen 4 (de-leveled to 70 to roughly match average OU power at the time) and then they immediately got banned because of Drought and Drizzle.
Politoed is the most ridiculous force in the metagame right now. Zero to hero indeed.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
While Blaziken got an instant boost (no pun intended) and went off on a meteoric rise to Ubers, it's not the mon that impacted the game the most. The answer to the question "What Pokemon has most significantly changed the game because of its DW ability?" is undeniably Drizzle Politoed. It brought the universally present Rain into OU, ended up getting Swift Swim users banned when used with him, and boosts the power of a whole host of things, and the accuracy of more. Tornadus-T, Thundurus-I, Keldeo, Scizor, Ferrothorn, Genesect... all of these benefit hugely from the Rain and have been in the top threats to prepare for since their release. Drizzle is THE most broken ability in the game, and there's a reason Kyogre and Groudon are in Ubers.
And to those that think that auto-weather isn't the reason, we brought them down to OU in Gen 4 (de-leveled to 70 to roughly match average OU power at the time) and then they immediately got banned because of Drought and Drizzle.
Politoed is the most ridiculous force in the metagame right now. Zero to hero indeed.

And following closely behind would be drought ninetales for chlorophyll + sun, though most grass types are rather slow.
Basically everything Ninetales can do, Politoed can do better in a water-esque style.

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
And following closely behind would be drought ninetales for chlorophyll + sun, though most grass types are rather slow.
Basically everything Ninetales can do, Politoed can do better in a water-esque style.

If Politoed didn't exist, Sand would be the prominent weather, because most of sand's abusers trump most of sun's abusers.
Also, Stealth Rock.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
Drizzle Politoed without a doubt.

When I ladder in PO, 90% of the times I face a Weather team, and rarely, those 'weather' teams lack Politoed.
This little frog not only helps Pokémon of its own types (Scald being as strong as a Hydro Pump, with 100% accuracy and chance to burn), it boosts Thunder and Hurricane's accuracy, giving Jolteon and Tornadus-Therian and so much more the capacity to spam their powerful STAB attacks.
There's Dry Skin Toxicroak and Rain Dish Tentacruel, and of course, Genesect, Scizor and Ferrothorn having their only Weakness reduced.

Rain is just too common these days, of course, that's not a surprise as it comes with so many boons.
Most significant impact? Drizzle Politoed by a long shot.

Lion Demon

Fairy Type Champion
The primary reason as to why drizzle Politoed has the biggest impact in the metagame is primarily because there are more water-related abilities than fire. With that being said, Guessing Tyranitar is being used even more due to Pokemon with Sand Rush & a counter to other weather inducing Pokemon.

Drizzle Politoed without a doubt.

When I ladder in PO, 90% of the times I face a Weather team, and rarely, those 'weather' teams lack Politoed.
This little frog not only helps Pokémon of its own types (Scald being as strong as a Hydro Pump, with 100% accuracy and chance to burn), it boosts Thunder and Hurricane's accuracy, giving Jolteon and Tornadus-Therian and so much more the capacity to spam their powerful STAB attacks.
There's Dry Skin Toxicroak and Rain Dish Tentacruel, and of course, Genesect, Scizor and Ferrothorn having their only Weakness reduced.

Rain is just too common these days, of course, that's not a surprise as it comes with so many boons.
Most significant impact? Drizzle Politoed by a long shot.

Weather is pretty common, but let's not over-exaggerate, lol. All of the main weather starters put together only make up about 45% of PO OU teams, so non-weather is still used on over half of teams. PS OU is almost exactly the same, again with a little over 45% of teams being weather based. Politoed itself only saw 16.25% usage last month on PO OU, 18.20% on PS OU. I will agree though that Drizzle Politoed is probably the most influential DW Pokemon to have been released thus far, although I still voted for Blaziken because it's so awesome.