1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Best rival of a Pokegirl?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Sham, Aug 21, 2019.

?

Best rival of a Pokegirl

1. Drew

15 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Solidad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Harley

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. Zoey

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  5. Kenny

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jessie's alias

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Ursula

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. Miette

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Shauna

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Georgia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sham

Sham You can still do the right thing

For lack of poll space I included "major" rivals. So I basically excluded Nando (for Dawn) and Nene, feel free to discuss them if you feel.

2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Red-headed Lily

Harley was the best imo.

maartjeverhoef likes this.
  3. UDI

UDI Orange Hero

Zoey, i mean May had best rival overall but Zoey is a superior rival (so superior, maybe)

MockingJ and Leonhart like this.
  4. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney Fan

I'm basing my decision simply on which rival I enjoyed the most, so I'd say Harley since he was genuinely entertaining. His conniving ways set him apart from Haruka's other rivals like Shuu and Saori, and I thought Harley had better overall chemistry with Haruka than her other rivals did.

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Tie between Drew and Harley. Both were challenging opponents and had excellent interactions with May.

6. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

That's easy, drew is the best with harley coming in close, third one is ursula.

Pikachu979 likes this.
  7. Shuriken Throw

Shuriken Throw Well-Known Member

I'd say Drew.

Lunalah, PorcelainVulpix and MockingJ like this.
  8. Sham

Sham You can still do the right thing

I’m gonna go on a hill and say Zoey. Sure she was a friendly rival that Dawn never beat but she actively was a good sport and helped Dawn with anything she needed. She gave Dawn good advice and tough love when needed. She always put their friendship over their rivalry and that’s rarely seen in the anime besides few cases like Gladion and Ash.

9. Satoshi & Touko

Satoshi & Touko 53 Days Until SwSh!!! :D

I'll go with Zoey as well. She's solid proof that, contrary to popular belief, one doesn't have to be a jerk in order to be a good rival.

PorcelainVulpix, MockingJ and Sham like this.
  10. MockingJ

MockingJ (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ

Drew because of his subtle crush on May. It wasn't something that was ever really fulfilled, but anyone with eyes could see that they loved each other and I thought Drew was May's most skilled rival.

PorcelainVulpix likes this.
  11. PorcelainVulpix

PorcelainVulpix Well-Known Member

May had some of the best rivals, with Drew being my all time favorite.

12. Kuzehiko

Kuzehiko Well-Known Member

Ursula and Drew.
    Too bad Ursula did not get to beat Dawn even once, she really deserved it.

MockingJ likes this.
  13. Pikachu979

Pikachu979 Sinnoh Champion

I loved all of May and Dawn’s rivals But my vote goes to Drew. I felt his rivalry with May was one of the most well done rivalries in this anime.

14. maartjeverhoef

maartjeverhoef All Hail Champion Ash

Harley hands down, followed by Ursula and Miette.

Lunalah likes this.
  15. Ignition

Ignition Chad of Gen 7

Zoey since I find the tunsdere rival (or most forms of jerk/mean rivals honestly) character trope quite boring. She was nice but competent unlike a lot of other rivals who weren’t antagonistic. She also showed a more aggressive side to her character occasionally with Nando and Ash doing contests despite having interests in Gyms and Paul being rude to her and her friends. She gave Dawn a lot of great advice and motivation throughout the series thanks to have a strong established character early on. Her team was nice and she was the only rival to use strictly Pokèmon introduced in her region/generation which is a neat pit of trivia for me for some reason

Sham likes this.
  16. PokemonBattleFanatic-

PokemonBattleFanatic- Well-Known Member

1.Drew
    2.Harley
    3.Ursula
    4.Georgia
    5.Zoey
    6.Solidad
    7.Kenny
    8.Nando

Lunalah, MockingJ and mehmeh1 like this.
  17. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Ruler Of Sindria

She basically got Dawn on the ropes both times and Dawn had to pull off something really special/out of the box to stage a near-impossible comeback win from behind. I think that clearly showed how tough a rival she was who pushed Dawn really hard, to the edge, forcing her to bring out the best.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    mehmeh1 and Kuzehiko like this.
  18. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Ursula's only problem was she had way too less appearances i think only 2 appearances before GF which is very less, i consider her better rival than zoey.

345ash-greninja likes this.
  19. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

My favorite is Drew, in my opinion it was the most entertaining rivalry of the girls, always had a blast watching the rivalry develop.

Lunalah likes this.
  20. Lunalah

Lunalah Well-Known Member

I know that Kenny was weak, but I liked the guy alot. He could've been Dawn's end game boyfriend and his last episode seemed like it was heading in that direction but sadly that didn't happen.