• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

best rival

who do you think is the best rival

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I voted Silver

The whole terrorist kinda thing with stealing a Pokemon and looking like a complete idiot cos he had no idea what he was doing was cool. I liked the story he had behind it. "I'm gonna be the greatest Pokemon trainer." His scrips were good as well saying how sucky my Pokemon are when he didn't even touch me kinda deal. He was the best rival imo.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I like wally. I remember bumping into him the first time in victory road. It was a big surprise. It was pretty cool.

extremhyper

i loved green (after jap manga). he was always annoying, and he had awesome pokes, so the fights were always interesting. Specially when he became champion.
annoying + strong = awesome rival ^_^

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Geez, I really can't pick a favorite. I like almost each one of them, because they're all so different.
Blue the smartass victim, Silver the angry misantrope, Barry the funny thug and Cheren the arrogant nerd are all irreplaceable to me.

Still dunno about the new one though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
May is the best looking.
Barry is the best fighter

DragoniteRules1

Pokemon Breeder
Silver. He's the meanest and actually like a rival, not someone who lives next door to you.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I voted Hugh because of the fact you team up with him a lot.
Wally, Barry and Silver were close competitiors to the throne too though.

In retrospect, I think all rivals brought something new to the table; however I voted for Silver. I like his design and I think he has the best character development among rivals. Blue is second, followed by Cheren, Bianca, and Hugh in no particular order. Again, design and character development.

Silver Bolt

Undying flames
Barry. Yes, he was hyper and all that, but I think he did the job of a rival the best and really showed that a rival doesn't have to be a jerk and he was the strongest of them all.

Ghostfoot

crooked witch
Definitely Silver.
In the beginning he has an interesting mystique about him because his past is unknown. All of the other rivals ('cept Wally) lived next door to you and were quite predictable and friendly... uninteresting. But, that does not include Blue because he had a lot of snobby snark which made you want to pulverise him. He seemed like he was someone you would like to be on top of because of his incessant bragging. Silver and Blue triggered more competitive emotions in me, which made the game a lot more exciting... A darker journey and dynamic.
Anyway, Silver just had it all to me. Darkness, character development, mysterious role, condenscending attitude, and criminal-like behaviour. He had the most going on I'd like to believe. I also love how Giovanni was confirmed as his father, it just makes the character even more awesome. Once that was addressed you can only guess about how his past was... probably very conflicted and emotional. Story-like.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Silver is my favourite. I'll never forget naming him AAAAAA on my Gold version when I wasn't paying attention...
Barry would be my second choice. I think he's quite funny!

Suffice

Defying the odds
I voted Silver cuz' I really enjoyed how much character development he went through.

Hugh was a close 2nd though because I do like how diffrent he is from the other rivals. He actually has a personal reason to go after Team Plasma. Also, He was a nice break away from the "I'm going to get better then you!" Rival we've had for the last 4 gens. (And I liked his design.)

Last edited:

chyanneKupo

Dragon Trainer
Blue/Gary

He's sassy, he's sexy, he knows how to raise Pokemon.
End of story.

Weedy Spyze

Barry was the most entertaining/likable for me, but I have a soft spot for Wally as well.

But ugh of course stupid Silver is in the lead...

Pokemon Robot

Fighting n Steel ftw
Barry by far has to be the most annoying rival yet. I mean, is he paid to bump into you every time he sees you? What's his problem? XD. Best rival would be Paul in the anime because he's the cruelest.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Barry by far has to be the most annoying rival yet. I mean, is he paid to bump into you every time he sees you? What's his problem? XD. Best rival would be Paul in the anime because he's the cruelest.

Not everytime, in Pastoria he doesn't do it and even says he doesn't always do it. And his team is much better than most others too.

Oh, and the poll is missing one Rival from the games. Keith.

Status
Not open for further replies.