• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Robot Anime series?

Chris

Old Coot

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
Break Blade (Broken Blade)

its a shame Lee shot herself T.T

but Cleo is alive :D

Akiza

Pokemon Wiz/Trader
Big O, Gundam, and Zoids

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
NGE, brings back great and bad memories.

However, I have to give it to either G-Gundam or Big-O....

Though there are so many good "Giant Robot" animes it's really hard to just narrow it down.

@ Above poster:

What are you talking about? Big-O looks like standard anime to me, I think you are confusing art style with anime style.

Haxaurus

NGE, brings back great and bad memories.

However, I have to give it to either G-Gundam or Big-O....

Though there are so many good "Giant Robot" animes it's really hard to just narrow it down.

@ Above poster:

What are you talking about? Big-O looks like standard anime to me, I think you are confusing art style with anime style.

NGE was probably the best out of all of them. The drawings and the effort they put in the anime really made to stand out.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Meh [insert "that's subjective statement" here] but it truly was well done.

However, Big-O was a well played plot with great (zany) characters, and G-Gundam was the classic "90's anime feel" vibe and was quite frankly amazing and epic.

Haxaurus

Meh [insert "that's subjective statement" here] but it truly was well done.

However, Big-O was a well played plot with great (zany) characters, and G-Gundam was the classic "90's anime feel" vibe and was quite frankly amazing and epic.

True true. . . .

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
NGE was probably the best out of all of them. The drawings and the effort they put in the anime really made to stand out.

Sometimes. Some scenes (mostly with the Evas) were animated really really well. Then others resort to really cheap tricks such as covering mouths with coffee cups while talking to save frames. And really long pauses. Yes, I know it's for dramatic effect blah blah blah but it's still cheap. Then of course there's the ending...

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Big O does not look like it was done by Japan, The main character doesnt look like anime.
Directed by: Kazuyoshi Katayama
Written by: Chiaki Konaka
Studio: Sunrise

The Big O premiered 13 October 1999 on WOWOW satellite television. It finished its run on 19 January 2000. The English language version premiered on Cartoon Network on 2 April 2001.

Technically The Big O wasn't supposed to last beyond the first set of episodes. It proved popular enough outside of Japan that Cartoon Network asked them for a second season, which aired first in Japan in 2003 and several months later in the US. A third season was planned, but CN said "LOL NO!" out of fear of it cutting in on their other shows. Which also explains why the series finale makes absolutely no sense.

Haha, really? Well, I watched some of one of them... :p
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Franchise

Last edited:

Haxaurus

Directed by: Kazuyoshi Katayama
Written by: Chiaki Konaka
Studio: Sunrise

The Big O premiered 13 October 1999 on WOWOW satellite television. It finished its run on 19 January 2000. The English language version premiered on Cartoon Network on 2 April 2001.

Technically The Big O wasn't supposed to last beyond the first set of episodes. It proved popular enough outside of Japan that Cartoon Network asked them for a second season, which aired first in Japan in 2003 and several months later in the US. A third season was planned, but CN said "LOL NO!" out of fear of it cutting in on their other shows. Which also explains why the series finale makes absolutely no sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#Franchise
I spoke too soon. XD

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Wow, I didn't know that. It actually makes me dislike CN a little more now. (aside from getting rid of a ton of awesome shows during the daytime including other animes) ... Oh well..

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
I'm torn up between Gurren Lagann and Code Geass. Both are great series.
Never really got into the Gundam craze, though.

hever

022611229PM
Gundam... I don't know which one, but it was with people in different ethnicities.

Also Neon Genesis Evangelion.