• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Robot Anime series?

Chris

Old Coot
Gundam... I don't know which one, but it was with people in different ethnicities.
That could be ANY of them!

G Gundam, most likely.

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
Transformers

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I honestly haven't seen that many robot-centered anime. I did watch Big O a long time ago, however. I enjoyed that anime quite a bit, even though the robots didn't usually appear until the end of the episodes. I've also browsed through some other robot anime like G Gundam, but those didn't capture my interest for some reason.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
So, maybe they liked the Transformers anime. Still, there is much better out there, like Gurren Lagann.

Okay after looking it up I found out that the show was actually produced in Japan and then dubbed in America. Guess I learned something, I always thought it was all-American.

Chris

Old Coot
Nope. Most cartoons in the 80s and 90s were also outsourced to be animated in Japan or other parts of Asia, anyway.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Did they mention:

Shining Finger

Or go into a whole epic speech (from the main character) when in trouble before pulling said move?

If yes, then yes.

Chris

Old Coot
Maybe. Too lazy to look it up. :( But when they go into their robots they have a wardrobe change. They change into tightsssssssssss
That's most definitely G Gundam, then.

Vernikova

Champion
I liked G Gundam, Code Geass, and The Big O a lot. I haven't watched many robot anime but I enjoyed these series very much. Mainly because of the action (Except for maybe in Geass so I guess that would be the exception). G Gundam may be a case of nostalgia and The Big O is the The Big O so yeah.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Evangelion, Evangelion, oh my god, Evangelion. Code Geass is a close second.

PKMN Trainer Rex

~'3'~ Swalot face
My top 2 overall mecha series are TTGL and Transformers. Gundam Wing was also good imo, and Zoids: New Century Zero. I can never pick just one.

hever

022611229PM
Aura Ash said:
Well I haven't seen too many robot animes. But my favorites have been Big O and Zoids
But Zoids might be just nostalgia. Recently I saw an episode of Gurren Lagann and that was pretty cool from what I saw.
You should watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Gurren Lagann.

Cyborg 009. Yea I know it's not a mech anime but they're still technically robots.
Well, cyborgs aren't exactly robots. Robots are supposed to be 100% artifical. The cyborgs in Cyborg 009 were humans at one point. Not to mention the cyborgs in that anime are of the same type as Kamen Rider, and I have a hard time thinking of Kamen Rider as a robot.

RLinksoul

Gurren Lagann.

Well, cyborgs aren't exactly robots. Robots are supposed to be 100% artifical. The cyborgs in Cyborg 009 were humans at one point. Not to mention the cyborgs in that anime are of the same type as Kamen Rider, and I have a hard time thinking of Kamen Rider as a robot.

Yea, which is why I questioned the technicality of it. But they're still mostly machine. The fact that they're not GIANT robot power suits is what really made me question them belonging in this discussion.

Wanizaru

Easiest question ever. Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan!!!