• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Second Gym Battle/Equivalent? (JP VERSION SPOILERS)

Which did you think was the best

• Total voters

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
In the case there was a rematch, please state which battle you're referrring to (or if you're referring to both as a whole).
I'm counting Ash vs Korrina because it's Ash's second PWC battle that has been treated as an important event

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I think ash vs broly is underrated, it was good for its time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked Satoshi versus Touki in the sense that Satoshi had to train on Muro Island for a while in order to beat Touki, although even that battle was flawed since at the end of the day Satoshi used the geysers to his advantage despite that being a very contrived winning strategy.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I liked Ash vs Gardenia the most. I dunno why maybe I just really liked Gardenia's loud personality or I'm just attached to Sinnoh but that was a good gym match.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash vs Korrina takes it.
The best Kalos character and the best Pokemon of all time is in it, and Dragonite also kicks butt! :D

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i like ash vs gardenia because aipom star on that battle

Leonhart

Imagineer
k6666 said:
i like ash vs gardenia because aipom star on that battle

If I remember right, that was one of her last major moments while on Satoshi's team prior to the trade with Hikari. It's also one of the few battles that involved her that I remember in general, although I didn't think that Gym match was particularly impressive.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
If I remember right, that was one of her last major moments while on Satoshi's team prior to the trade with Hikari. It's also one of the few battles that involved her that I remember in general, although I didn't think that Gym match was particularly impressive.
there switching going on , ash use stariva block the sun so gardenia bounsweet attack stop , trutwig got his revenge , ash trick roserade grass knot with aipom double team , ash aipom reflect back her rosarade fire weather ball , ash trap her roserade with aipom's swiftstar and swift a single star to make the circle star attack roserade and knock it out with punch on the face with focus punch , how its that not impresive tell me ?? i cant belive how awesome DP battle
and still hate how they treat aipom in DP , she deserve better , that trade is just nonsense if aipom just want to do pimpong nonsense

Leonhart

Imagineer
Applecorp said:
I picked Ash vs. Bugsy because that gym battle involved everyone's favorite fire echidna winning against a giant praying mantis.

I thought that was one of the stranger Gym battles in Jouto since Tsukushi's team was weird. I never expected to see a Transel move the way his did, and even his Itomaru was rather competent for such a small Bug-type. Then there's his Strike which used Swords Dance in a creative way to deflect Fire-type moves. One thing that I especially liked was that Satoshi no longer had Lizardon, so he couldn't just sweep through that Gym.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
For me it's Hala. It wasn't anything astounding strategy wise but the animation was pretty good from what I remember. I also like how Hala as a character was shown especially with him using AOP with Hariyama. Also Ash's first time using BB

Shuriken Throw

Korrina. She should appear again in the Pokemon Journeys series.