• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best secondary male?

Who is better?

• Total voters

Ampris

Slip slidin'
I'm afraid that all the "Which Main Girl?" threads that keep cropping up got old quite some time ago, so let's try something a little different. This time, the supporting boys and their fans get a long-deserved chance to duke it out senselessly with all the extreme nitpicking, pointless banter, and incessant whining we've come to know and love!

I chose Brock. Shocking, isn't it:O

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Out of those Brock takes the cake easily overall. The only problem with him is how bland he's gotten in recent years.

Tracey only had 30 episodes on the cast and didn't have any real shining moments whatsoever, but he got better in the Hoso specials with his adventures with Misty and Daisy.

Max was nice, had a good dynamic with his sister and I liked how he looked up to Ash, but come Battle Frontier Max ended up being ignored. IMO, Max was only a good character for Hoenn. After that they ran out of things to do with him and he was just there.

Back to Brock, he would have been easily one of the best characters on the show if the writers didn't make him bland and one-dimensional. His goal of being the worlds best breeder is nothing more than a joke, he never gets any character development, his Pokemon never do all that much, and he's been treading the same exact role on the show since day 1. He gets really nice episodes from time to time, but other than that he just stands there like a piece of moving background material.

I would have much preffered Brock get written out at the end of AG and replace him with someone new. I really dislike how poorly his character has become, and his only saving grace in D/P is his Greggle.

He's still overall more interesting than Max/Tracey, at least, but that doesn't mean he isn't incredibly boring at the same time in all the recent episodes. The writers should have put him out of his misery a long time ago.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Brock > Max > Tracey.

Brock. He may be boring, but whenever he does have his shining moments (Pewter epi and Sudowoodo epi), he is a really cool character. Besides, he has Greggle which is a good thing in my book. Greggle's just plain hilarious and Brock having that pokemon just makes the show a little bit better for Brock.

Crystal Clair

Tracey > Max > Brock. :x
Amen to that, Phantom Bugsy :)
Brock IMO is boring, even though in some episodes he looks good.
Max is ok. Sometimes he's boring and sometimes he's cute.
Kenji I like though. He's adorable and we both love to draw.

TygerFlash

OVER 9000
Brock >or= Tracey >>>>>>Max IMO

Brock-I don't mind him at all usually and I agree with Cybercubed that he could have been one of the best characters in the anime. *coughcoughwriterscoughcough* I still like this guy aside of the the fact most people hate him anyways.
he does have his shining moments (Pewter epi and Sudowoodo epi)
*nods head*;)

Tracey-He's okay for me.
but he got better in the Hoso specials with his adventures with Misty and Daisy.
I agree.

Max-XP My least favorite character in anime... Even though there are shining moments for HIM, I still despise him and he only came, IMO, because he was May's little brother, be the human pokedex, and more reasons I'd rather not say right now.

Why everybody dislike Tracey so much =/ I don't understand...

Anyway

Tracey>Max>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brock

Brock is sucky with his jumping at every pretty girl.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Why everybody dislike Tracey so much =/ I don't understand...
Because he had zero personallity outside of the 'nice guy' cookie-cutter, and he never did anything interesting.

Brock > Masato > Tracey

Brock was a very entertaining character back in the day, and despite the fact he's a candle in the wind these days, he still manages to deliver when he's written well.

Masato gets second because he had some entertaining moments with Haruka, and that neato-keen Ralts episode, by golly. I also enjoyed his introductory episode, in which he pretty much humilliated Ash and provided some light comic relief.

Tracey gets the bottom slot for reasons I've already stated. 'Cookie-cutter' doesn't need to be expanded on, right?

Mimori Kiryu

Max > Tracey > Brock

I voted for Max, because I really like his character even though he has so much that he could do or could've done overall. He was just that cutie that I liked.

Tracey was great character, I loved his artistry and his friendliness, but I think that he had more ways to develop and they just didn't develop him well.

Brock was awesome back when the series started, but then he went kind of bland over the series and his dream to become a breeder kind of blew away in the wind. And add to the fact that his pokemon seem to hibernate in their pokeballs and never get to come out. Brock needs some reviving to happen. Seriously. :3 I still like him.

Ed Phoenix

Pesky Boy
I hate them all but Brock is ok I guess, now if only he'd go back to Lucy. :rolleyes:

It goes like this: Brock>..........................................................................................................................................Tracey/Max.

I don't really remember Tracey.
Max was super-obnoxious.
Brock was always awesome.

Brock ^ Tracey ^ Max

They're all equaly boring at this point.

If we're going by how good they were in their prime's, then it would be Brock > Tracey > Max. Brock had tons of great moments back in Kanto, Tracey had some good moments during OI, and Max had maybe one or two good moments during AG.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Answering this thread make me so sad because they aren't as much guys than I wanted to be on the show.(Good looking, hot, powerful, blonde):blushes: But anywho, Ash and Shinji are the best now. Because if it wasn't for Shinji getting a role on the show, I would only have one guy to love, and that would be sad.

Tracey is the only one of the three that seldom annoyed me. A character with zero personality is better than an annoying character any day.

Tracey>Brock>>>>>>>>>>>Max

Although Brock's Pokemon are awesome.

Stop saying that Tracey has zero personality. You just don't see how nice, friendly, mature, calm and cute he is. I know, you love immature, horny Brock who jumps at every girl and wanna have sex with her, but Tracey has his pluses too. Big pluses. He is nice, he always knows what to do, he knows a lot about pokemon, he is a very good artist and is sensitive. He is friendly to others and is a good battler. I don't know why you see him as lame boy who shouldn't even exist. Everything what your hero Brock does is flirting and cooking. Is it make him so great? Tracey is kind and wanna make his dream real. Brock does nothing, he would like to be a breeder but he doesn't breed any pokemon and is lazy. If he wanna be a breeder, he should study books, should learn about them. I would love to meet as special boy as Tracey, because Tracey is intelligent and sweet.