• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Sega Console

Which Sega Console is the best?

• Master System

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Megadrive/Genesis

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Saturn

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Dreamcast

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

Zazie

So 1991
Since there was a best Nintendo Console thread a few weeks ago I thought there should be one for Sega consoles as well.

My choice would have to be the Saturn. I may have ranked the Dreamcast higher in a previous thread and it is a close call between the two I ultimately find the Saturn to be slightly better mostly due to the larger selection of RPG's (though most are in Japanese). Other reasons include:
Best controller for 2d games ever.
Very easy to import for. (very important considering a lot of it's best games never made it to the west)
Supposedly a very durable console.

Segata Sanshiro.

/topic

Seriously tho, I didn't like the Saturn much. I had trouble finding any games that I liked. For the Genesis & Dreamcast... It's a real shame what happened to the Dreamcast, so i'll go with Genesis. I think I played the 32x before, but IDK.

BCVM22

By any and all objective standards - sales, software library, longevity - the answer would almost have to be the Genesis, wouldn't it?

Zazie

So 1991
By any and all objective standards - sales, software library, longevity - the answer would almost have to be the Genesis, wouldn't it?

It depends on where you live. Someone in Brazil or Europe might pick the Master system and many Japanese would say the Saturn. Different Sega consoles were more/less sucessful in different regions. The Sega master system has outlasted the genesis as both being made in Brazil. (Albiet in an altered format)

-giggles-

Wanna guess?

The Master System?

I have also added a poll now. (it was supposed to be up sooner but I was having problems with the forum)

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
It depends on where you live. Someone in Brazil or Europe might pick the Master system and many Japanese would say the Saturn. Different Sega consoles were more/less sucessful in different regions. The Sega master system has outlasted the genesis as both being made in Brazil. (Albiet in an altered format)
Pretty much this.

Master System tanked in the US and Japan, but did well in Brazil and Europe as well. Mega Drive/Genesis didn't do so well in Japan, but did very well everywhere else.

Saturn failed HARD in the west, but trumped even the PlayStation in Japan. The opposite effect occurred with the Dreamcast up until the announcement of the PS2.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
sega megadrive or for you yanks sega genesis.
gunstar heroes, streets of rage, theme park, i loved to play them when i was a kid.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I feel as if the Genesis is the best, at least in terms of popularity and sales.

Zazie

So 1991
Honestly I like the Dreamcast the most. It was WAY ahead of it's time.

More like 1-2 years ahead of it's time. The PS2, Gamecube and X-box also supported online play. (though the gamecube's was severely limited). The Gamecube also had console handheld connectivity, like the Dreamcast by early 2002. The system certainly had some great games but other than the VMU's the system itself wasn't that amazing featurewise compared to the other 6th gen consoles. Not to say that it isn't a great console or undeserving of being called sega's best though.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Dreamcast was the best sega console. and I really love how it looks.

Slick

Banned
More like 1-2 years ahead of it's time. The PS2, Gamecube and X-box also supported online play. (though the gamecube's was severely limited). The Gamecube also had console handheld connectivity, like the Dreamcast by early 2002. The system certainly had some great games but other than the VMU's the system itself wasn't that amazing featurewise compared to the other 6th gen consoles. Not to say that it isn't a great console or undeserving of being called sega's best though.

Chris, where's that article that you wrote about the Dreamcast's features and such?