• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best send off

Which one did you prefer?

• Gotta catch ya later?

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Home is where the start is?

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Memories is Pearl! Friendship is Diamond?

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
With the final episode of DP aired today, Dawn and Brock had their send offs.
Now then the question is, which was best?
Misty
May
Dawn and Brock

Misty- She had the start of the episode about her leaving. The gang had one final battle together, and she even had a song. Then she left in an emotional way.

May- She had chosen what to do, she decided to leave her friends and follow her rivals to become a better coordinator. She didn't shed a hint of emotion. But Max did at least.

Dawn and Brock- I'll put this one together. The gang realized their journey was coming to an end. They had one final battle together. And Dawn and Piplup both had tears, along with Pikachu. They all had decided what they were going to do, Pokemon Master! Pokemon Doctor! Top Pokemon Coordinator! Dawn and Ash high fived. Then Dawn ran after the ship waving, show plenty of emotion. Brock and Ash had a handshake, saying goodbye, and wishing each other goodluck. It was emotional in its own way. And they also had a tribute montage to them.

So which one was the best?
Gotta Catch Ya Later?
Home is where the start is?
Memories is Pearl! Friendship is Diamond!?

It's pretty obvious which one mine is, but what about you guys and why?

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Misty's send-off was the best, of course. May's wasn't good enough, Dawn's was fine, in my opinion.
I think May's send-off wasn't emotional like Misty and Dawn's send-offs.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I liked Misty's the best, however Dawn/Brock's was pretty good though too. :/ I haven't watched May's send off in a long time...^^; so I can't remember very good details.

Here's my order of favorites (Starting from least to first):

3: May (Seriously, WTF, Some friend she turned out to be)

2: Misty (It made me cry)

1: Dawn and Brock (Personally, I won't miss either one of them, Brock's Cliche is old and Dawn is my least favorite of any trio, NOT HATE)

Soo:

Memories is Pearl! Friendship is Diamond!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
While Misty's goodbye was done in the saddest way, it was executed extremely poorly.

Misty had no foreshadowing of her departure at all. She finds out she's leaving in the same episode we do. And instead of doing what she wants, she's forced to leave again her will.

Also anyone notice Misty was gone within the first 8 minutes of GCYL? People wrongly remember her lasting through the entire ep, but she was gone by the first commercial break.

May's goodbye looks rushed if you don't count AG190. But since it was a 2-parter it looks better.

Dawn's goodbye was fine, but it did oddly seem more about Piplup at times than her. The last high five and running alongside the ship was well done. But she didn't split anything with Ash really.

Fa7e

quick question, do u watch them somewhere in english but with japanese lip movement (think its called english dubbed or something) or just in japanese, if in eglish where? and i think misty (even though i havent seen dawn and brocks, but mistys my favorite so i doubt ill change my mind)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Misty's goodbye was heartwarming and showed the friendship she had with Ash. I will admit that that goodbye will be kind of hard to top since Ash and Misty were together for so long and they did go through a lot together. You could also feel Misty didn't want to leave Ash.

May's was really rushed and had like no emotion from her. Max was really the star of that farewell not her. I really wish May had a better send off then what that.

Brock and Dawn wasn't as good as Misty's but it had the emotion that May's lacked and even though they were the most bland trio the goodbye actually felt real. It was also somewhat sweet seeing Ash cheer up Dawn when she was about to break down and cry. Again I could feel Dawn did not fully want to leave Ash, it wasn't as big as Misty's but you could tell in the end she was sad.

eevil

Banned
Misty's goodbye was a who lot better and it had the best moments ever,since Misty and Ash were with each other for a long time.

May's goodbye was overrush and poorly done. Max was also a pain in the *** throughout the AG series and he took up to much time from May aswell.

Brock's goodbye was good,but Dawn's goodbye was boring bland and stupid,also Dawn had to act like a little baby and i'm glad that she and May left the show because they both really suck bad as hell.

Last edited:

PePer

^
Totodile is terrible.

Anyway...

Dawn/Brock, well it wasn't only one character leaving, watching two characters going off probably for good get's me more upset. I really liked how Dawn held herself from crying, gotta stay strong.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Dawn and Brocks departure was the best IMO.

Dawn was my favorite female protagonist, so naturally it was hard for me to see her go. And Piplup getting all emotional just broke my heart into pieces. :(

It was hard to see Brock go too. He's been in the show since I was a kid, and even though he hasn't done much over the years, it was still sad to see him go and know that he wasn't returning.

Misty, May, and Max's send offs were OK, but weren't as emotional for me as Dawn and Brock's.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
May. Definitely May. She had a goal, she said what she was going to do, and she executed it. I don't know what was spoken in D/P, but we saw May's goal coming as soon as Drew mentioned Johto Contests. I never really thought about it until now, but her departure really was the best executed.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Did anyone notice that there were no real flashback scenes for the other girls?

Granted the DP ending show clips throughout DP, but its not the same as Dawn getting flashbacks in the episode of her accomplishments.

May's was done the worst IMO. Dawn, Brock, and Misty's were done very well. You could tell Misty didn't want to leave Ash at first because of how close they became, but she had her duties. Brock's goodbye fit him perfectly, short and sweet. Dawn's goodbye was fine too. She apparently was intending to continue traveling with Ash until she found out that she had that photoshoot with Buneary. Their last high five was nice, and she did start to break down like some of us assumed.

BlueDragonfangirl

I never did get teary with Misty, maybe it was cuz I just wasn't attached to her the same way I was with Dawn. May's was the worst, geese no tears for May was she not close to Ash at all? Dawn's good-bye was awesome, it got good flashbacks and animation. Plus we see Dawn about to cry, why couldn't she stay? Screw getting Buneary to the photos shoots, does that really matter? Oh well, it was a good send off. Sorry had a break down for a moment thereXD

Waterpokes

May got the worst send-off, Dawn got a better one, while Misty got the best one.
When May left, it didn't really seem that she was sad. I mean, the AG group had a lot of good moments together, and she seemed so happy to be leaving.

Maybe it's just that May had to share her departure episode with Max, so she actually had to share. Could have given Max his conclussion the episode before the final, and then May the last one, but what's done is done.

Misty's one was the best one. It was almost sad.
Dawn's departure wasn't sad at all. The saddest thing about the episode was Brock leaving.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Shouldn't this thread be in the poll section? But to answer it anyway, Brock got the best one. Seeing on how long he's been on the show.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I would have to say, listing as my personal favorites, great to least:

Misty
Dawn/Brock
May

Dawn and Brock were sent off really well for what I saw. May was definitely a bit rushed, and Misty's departure was really heart warming and sad. Even with her bike anew around the beginning of the episode.

Chimchar15

Wow so of you guys amaze me. So because May didn't cry she wasn't sad? Wow. You don't have to cry to be sad. The are moments were I'm not happy about something but I don't cry. How come no one is complaining about Brock or Ash not crying? May newfor a while that she wanted to leave, so it was easier for her to accept the leave. It wasn't a surprise like Misty. Not crying doesn't mean she didn't care. Besides Max did plenty of crying. It was all good. The best for me was the first one with DP last. It just felt like like it could have been a little longer to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.