• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Shinies

I'm wondering what are some favorite shines of Pokemon you can catch in USUM. I need new ideas on what new Pokemon to shiny hunt for. You can also mention any shines you've caught here. Right now, I'm shiny hunting a Paras and shinies I've caught before are a Magikarp/Gyarados, Yungoos, some Ultra Wormhole shinies, and a Roggenrolla/Boldore/Gigalith that my friend is refusing to give back unless I give him a Sableye.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
If we're talking about the best shinies introduced in this generation? Here are the 3 best you can catch, as far as I consider it
  • Raichu: Technically not a Gen VII Pokemon, but the new form and its shiny is Gen VII. And it really works because of the super-tan coloration, quite an improvement over regular shiny Raichu
  • Vikavolt: Charjabug has a decent shiny, but this really sells. Its unique from its previous evolutions, looks pretty slick
  • Minior: Probably my favorite shiny in the franchise so far. Its not just cool black, but also has a rainbow pattern on it

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Snorlax, Feebas and Caterpie. Their colors stand out and the first two were hatched shinies and the third one was an unexpected one.

ruxy_100

I think good shinies are always subjective. We all like different thing. But a few of my favourites that are catchable in USUM (i.e. not egg hatches) are:

The Pikipek line - I love the pink on Pikipek, and the multi-coloured beak improves with each evolution
Zorua/Zoroark - Blue is my favourite colour, and it looks so good as the accent colour on Zorua. This changes to purple on Zoroark, which also looks great.
Braviary - The changes are a bit more subtle, but I think the colour scheme looks better than the original
Oricorio (Red) - The inversion of the red and black looks great. And you have an added bonus of being able to change the formes using nectars.
Ribombee and Liligant - I am a sucker for pink shinies, and the addition of pink works really well on these ones.
Dewpider, Lurantis, Stufful - I just really like these ones
Phantump - I think the grey scheme makes it look more like a ghost, and really suits it.

There are also some awesome shiny legendaries you can hunt in the wormholes - Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latios, Latias, Kyogre, Mewtwo, Xernea, Rayquaza... are all amazing, and worth the effort of soft resetting.

Dicklaycia

Objectively Better Than You
Spritzee has a really nice Shiny coloration! I love the deep blue and the yellow eyes. Honestly, I’m more pressed to find Shiny colorations I like because I find most of them to be pretty ugly.

Venomshock

Zorua and Zoroark have nice shiny sprites. I no longer collect shinies since I lost interest in that, but if I did I'd have shiny versions of those two fox Pokemon as part of my collection.