• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best sleeper pokemon?

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
yeah, he was the butt of the gen1 jokes but dont overlook him. i had 1 double battle with Fetch'd in the lead and they had had focused in on him for half the battle. had a focus sash as fetch'd has the best stats to survive neutral hits (joke) but its very situational.
No matter how you use that duck, he is still terrible. He just isn't unusable anymore. (Attack got a boost to 90 along with being able to learn First Impression. Good for eliminating a psychic and dark type on the spot if the stick crits.)

nel3

Crimson Dragon
No matter how you use that duck, he is still terrible. He just isn't unusable anymore. (Attack got a boost to 90 along with being able to learn First Impression. Good for eliminating a psychic and dark type on the spot if the stick crits.)

yeah, but thats why its so fun to still use Fetch'd in the first place. sending a leafblade, bravebird or priority 1st impression to seriously damage or KO a super effective hit is all its about. i dont care about the competitiveness of the pokemon's stats. a good/fun design, ability and unorthodox move set to surprise the opponent is what i like to do in the casual online battles that i got into. id use a NU, RU, UU and some OU pokemon on the same team at once because i like those pokemon. i won around 60% of my gen6 battles as was happy with that. Znukes made battling harder with the team online....not a fan of using the z crystals at all.

i had another battle where i had my Icefang HA gliscor with 1 sword dance up, swept thru 5/6 pokemon of the opponent. it didnt 1hko aerodactyl but left it on very low HP. i let the opponent KO Gliscor just so i can end the battle with a 1st impression.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
yeah, but thats why its so fun to still use Fetch'd in the first place. sending a leafblade, bravebird or priority 1st impression to seriously damage or KO a super effective hit is all its about. i dont care about the competitiveness of the pokemon's stats. a good/fun design, ability and unorthodox move set to surprise the opponent is what i like to do in the casual online battles that i got into. id use a NU, RU, UU and some OU pokemon on the same team at once because i like those pokemon. i won around 60% of my gen6 battles as was happy with that. Znukes made battling harder with the team online....not a fan of using the z crystals at all.

i had another battle where i had my Icefang HA gliscor with 1 sword dance up, swept thru 5/6 pokemon of the opponent. it didnt 1hko aerodactyl but left it on very low HP. i let the opponent KO Gliscor just so i can end the battle with a 1st impression.
What did Karen say about this kind of thinking? Because I approve of this thinking as well.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
What did Karen say about this kind of thinking? Because I approve of this thinking as well.

though with some underpowered pokemon, you'd have to have some more conventional movesets and counters. given how many pokemon there are, this task is easy enough to pick a few strong pokemon to fill the voids and meet your definition of fun pokemon.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
though with some underpowered pokemon, you'd have to have some more conventional movesets and counters. given how many pokemon there are, this task is easy enough to pick a few strong pokemon to fill the voids and meet your definition of fun pokemon.
That is why I love Hydreigon, even when fairy types absolutely destroy it, why I have a soft spot for Oricorio even though on its own, it is a very mediocre pokemon in singles.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
That is why I love Hydreigon, even when fairy types absolutely destroy it, why I have a soft spot for Oricorio even though on its own, it is a very mediocre pokemon in singles.

i like the ghost Oricorio also but i havent really used that one at all because i had some more favorite pokemon that i liked even more. though if you have an Oricorio with dancer in doubles then you can go a bit crazy. i dont mind Hydreigon but i just love Flygon's design and ability. the 4x to ice, dragon and the other stronger alternatives are annoying but thats what i need to deal with if i use that pkmn all the time in battle. i got a thing for other pkmn including Corsola, Furret, Froslass, Gastrodon (blue), Bellossom (too damn cute). some have their uses but are easily maneuvered around. HP/SDF Corsola/Bellossom are fun situational sets.