• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best sos chaining method for shinies in Moon?

MidnightVixxen

What's your best sos chaining method for shinies in moon& ultra? I use a mega absol with false swipe and magic bounce , I use an adrenaline orb at the start of the fight obviously , then I attack the 2nd Pokemons until one of my move runs out of ppS and then I switch and false swipe the 2nd mon and keep going like that .
Can this method be improved at all ?
Thanks for the tips !
Also, Can anyone tell me what are my shiny odds ? I'm at about 200 turns sos chaining for shiny charjabug and I have the shiny charm

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Depends on what you're chaining and what your goals are. If you want a certain nature chain with a Synchronize pokémon, if you want a certain gender, like for instance when chaining Salandit, chain with a Cute Charm pokémon. If you are interested in a certain ability, use a pokémon that can check their ability with Skill Swap or Role Play. Some other pokémon also have some other requirements, like you should probably chain Larvesta with a Ghost type as they tend to take themselves out with Take Down otherwise, breaking your chain. Some pokémon like Turtonator and Sharpedo only call very rarely, so for those you should probably use some method to replenish their PP, like Skill Swap with Harvest and then Trick them a Leppa Berry, and after setting that up use a pokémon with Intimidate to increase the odds of them calling for help, otherwise there's a good chance they'll run out of PP before making a successful call if you're like 10 mons into the chain. Natu is at a level where the lower levelled wild ones know Teleport, you want to use Roto Encounter beforehand to force everything in the battle to the highest possible level where they don't know Teleport anymore.

tl;dr different pokémon have vastly different requirements when chaining, there is no method that is best for all of them.

Shiny odds are detailed on the serebii page for SOS chaining, I suggest you look that up, it depends on how far you are in the chain.