• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Special Sweeper

Best Special Sweeper?

• Chandelure

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • Alakazam

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Gengar

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Porygon-Z

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Jolteon

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Hydreigon

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Starmie

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Zoroark

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Volcarona

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 10.8%

• Total voters

Truly Deceptive

It is I: ME!
Like the "Best Physical Sweeper" thread I made.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
This is a lot tougher than the physical sweeper question. Personally, I don't think there is a single best one.

Bulky Volcarona lols at any special anything and sets up 6 quiver dances

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Chandelure works for me. Now, excuse me, I have about 96 BP to collect....

Truly Deceptive

I personally like Alakazam; it has awesome Speed and Special Attack, and although it doesn't have strong boosting moves, it has Psychic and Focus Blast (and now Psyshock).

Dattebayo

Banned
Chandelure w/ Shadow Tag and Choice Scarf.

GalladeX

Chandelure. It obliterates anything with Shadow Tag and Choice Scarf, like Datte said. It has insane Sp Atk, great moves, and decent defenses.

Dattebayo

Banned
Chandelure. It obliterates anything with Shadow Tag and Choice Scarf, like Datte said. It has insane Sp Atk, great moves, and decent defenses.

The only thing it lacks for type coverage is Focus Blast; by then, it'll be almost unbeatable.

Haggahagga

Wakka Wakka!
I alos chose Chandelure due to its beastly Special Attack, awesome moveset and just a really cool design

alfredo3001

Creaming in PAIN!
Jolteon:
Item:Life orb.
Ability:Volt Absorb.
EV distribution:252 Speed,252 SP attack,4 Sp.Defense
Nature:Timid
-Thunder bolt
-Magnet Rise
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power(Grass)

So yeah:Jolteon Pwns.

Truly Deceptive

Zam has decent type coverage, and with a Timid nature it can outspeed anything useful (aside from Jolteon). Chandelure just has too much investment in Special Attack, with not enough Speed or bulk to do much.

Zachmac

Gengar. I gave mine a sash, and it has great coverage in 2 attacks, so it can pull to offensive and the other two whatever it wants. I gave it destiny bond to work with the sash. It's poison typing makes it immune to toxic, and with an immunity to seismic toss, it's hard to stall out of health.

Unlike it's remake, it can live without a scarf, with no weakness to SR.

shinystriker

I Like Em Shiny
Chandelure. Hands Down.