• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best starters trio

Best starters trio in your opinon

• Kanto

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Unova

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Kalos

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Alola

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Wow so Hoenn trio is by far the most liked

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The problem with Kalos starters is that majority of them chose Froakie as a starter as if it was the only Kalos starter.
As much as I loved XY and Kalos, The only fully evolved started I loved was Delphox. Greninja was ok too but didnt LOVE it..

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
Well, it's a tie between Kanto and Alola for me as far as liking the starter trio as a whole, followed closely by Hoenn and Johto.

Actually I really think nearly all of the starter trios work well together.....except for Kalos. I always had an issue with Greninja messing with the western RPG archetype by being a ninja instead of a rogue or assassin. Though I acknowledge that its just a personal pet peeve of mine. Still enough to make it my least favorite starter.....though i still like it as a regular Pokemon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
It's hard.

Gen 1: I like all 3,
Gen 2: I don't like Meganium
Gen 3: I like all 3
Gen 4: I like all 3
Gen 5: I don't like Serperior
Gen 6: I don't like Delphox
Gen 7: I don't like Primarina
Gen 8: I don't like Cinderace

So between Gen 1, 3 and 4, I need to use 1st and 2nd forms to decide:
Gen 1: I like all of them
Gen 3: I don't like Torchic and Kombusken
Gen 4: I don't like Piplup and Prinplup is meh.

So Gen I but: there's two thing I don' like about Gen 1 starters: 1. Mega Venusaur and 2. Charizard getting absurdly amount of attention
Gen III: I like all Megas, while Gen VI is underdog.

So, I am gonna do this: Gen III wins but if DP remakes happen and Sinnoh trio gets Gigantamax, they would get a vote and win.

NeedsAName

My rankings are below. I am not responsible for any hurt feelings or drunken arguments that may ensue.

8: Unova. They just suck design-wise and type-wise. It also had the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter, which just adds to the pile of general garbage.
7: Johto. Bland mono-types. Meganium has too many weaknesses, and three of those are gyms in Johto. Typhlosion is terrible when it comes to design and overall battling (in my experience, both using it and going against it). Feraligatr is decent but nothing to write home about.
6: Kalos. Let's just say there's a reason everyone picked Greninja and leave it at that.
5: Galar. Like Johto, they're bland mono-types. Although I will admit, their designs, despite being a tad cartoonish, are much better than the Johto starters.
4: Sinnoh. While many people really like the Sinnoh starters, each of them has at least one quality that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. They're good, but not that good.
3: Kanto. The Bulbasaur and Charmander lines are great, and I don't hate Squirtle. Kanto had some pretty good starters, although I feel Game Freak should try to completely forget about them until Gen 14 or so.
2: Hoenn. These were a really good set of starters, and I understand why people like them. (Mudkip FTW!) Good ideas behind each, lovable and memorable designs, and nice for game-completion. My only problem is that something about Treecko feels a bit lacking and not enough.
1: Alola. All three designs nailed it. Rowlet is adorable, Litten is adorable, and Popplio is adorable. Then when they evolve, their designs lead to interesting places. A ghostly archer, a tough wrestler, and a singing mermaid. Their exclusive Z-Moves are also pretty nice.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm fond of the Gen I Starter trio the most, with the Gen II Starters being my second favorite set. Personally, I feel that overall the Starters get worse with each consecutive generation.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
D0iXtLCXgAIl07L.jpg

I don't know about you guys but I think the Galar starters have surpassed my expectations.

Alita54

Kanto for me. Johto gets a honorary mention tho. Those were the only 2 gens where I loved all 3 starters from the beginning to end of their evolutionary process.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Hmm:
Gen 1: like them all but no strong feelings
Gen 2: Hate them all
Gen 3: Love Sceptile and Blaziken, hate Swampert (Marshtomp is cool)
Gen 4: Love all of them
Gen 5: Love Serperior & Emboar. Hate Samurott (Dewott is cool)
Gen 6: Love all of them.
Gen 7: Love Incineroar and Primarina, Decidueye is ok
Gen 8: I like all of them. Almost love them

So: 4>6=7>8>3=5>1>2

SubtleVVeirdoh

Unova Enthusiast
Unova and Sinnoh are at the top, I voted for Sinnoh though. As far as trio’s go every other region/generation is interchangeable imo.

There are select starters I’d put above some of the Unova or Sinnoh ones, if I made a list. Notable ones would be Incineroar and Grookey’s line.