• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best "swordsman"

Best "swordsman?"

• Scyther/Scizor

Votes: 55 27.8%
  • Gallade

Votes: 72 36.4%
  • Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott

Votes: 53 26.8%
  • Pawniard/Bisharp

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Sceptile

Votes: 38 19.2%
  • Escavalier

Votes: 9 4.5%
  • Farfetch'd

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • The Three Muskedeers (+ Keldeo)

Votes: 23 11.6%
  • Other (list!)

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters

Grei

not the color
Gallade is awesome! Gallade has real swords!

Insane yet?

I always like ralts->gardevoir line... adding gallade was a good move :D

for the samurott line... i see shells. is that a "sword" to you?

... yes, actually. It's about as close to real swords as Pokemon will get, honestly.

They are special shells that are sharp and in the shape of swords. There's nothing un-swordly in that.

Though I will say it's a tad frustrating to have people voting on their favorite of the given Pokemon, instead of basing their votes on which Pokemon actually qualifies under the given criteria. ~_~

Yes it is. Unless you're a swordsman enthusiast, your favorite Pokemon is not automatically the same as the best sword-user in Pokemon.

Also, I find it funny that this is immediately followed by:

I vote Scizor for no reason other than he's my favourite.

(Mostly because I don't think it was on purpose)

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
And the next time I hear someone say "Gallade is awesome" i'm going to go insane, especially comments like "Gallade has real swords" No! They are just sharp bits on his arm, like sceptile or kabutops. Also, what kinda ballerina grows up to be a swords man? o_O

Oh man, I cannot agree more with you. I feel the same way when I hear "Gallade is awesome."

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
Gallade although not worthy of this title is the only pokemon guaranteed to be a swordsMAN. My vote goes to scyther because he has become undervalued considering his iron clad (claw using) bigger brother. He also from his looks seems to be the most accurate of all the swordsman because hi blades are not extensions, they are just his arms.

I believe kingler should also get a special mention, although not a user of a sword as such. He has the biggest most badass weapon in pokemon.

I voted for Gallade, partly because I genuinely like it, and partly to annoy people.
I also voted for Sceptile, because it and Metagross singlehandedly (dual-handedly?) got me to start playing the games way back in Gen III.

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
The Best?

None other than Obi Wan Ben Kenobi-he has no "counter" and is therefore UBER.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
Either Farfetch'd, or Samurott. I love the designs of these pokemon. Scyther's pretty badass too.

I absolutley hate Gallade. It is one of my least favourite pokemon.

EDIT: *Reads title* Oops, this was clearly meant to be a competative battle discussion, and I just listed the ones I liked ^_^'
I apoligise, but I really can't comment on which is more powerful. I guess Farfetch'd fights with a leek, and that requires skill.

Last edited:

Dattebayo

Banned
Scizor and Gallade, another bonus would be that Kamen Rider look-a-like.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
*Looks at Poll*

Okay, now I officially hate Gallade more than I hate the Eeveeons.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
... yes, actually. It's about as close to real swords as Pokemon will get, honestly.

They are special shells that are sharp and in the shape of swords. There's nothing un-swordly in that.
QUOTE]

No, Im looking at the pictures right now. They are sea shells. Show me how they are sword shaped.

And Gallade was based off a swordsman... seriously people. -__-

Grei

not the color

No, Im looking at the pictures right now. They are sea shells. Show me how they are sword shaped.

And Gallade was based off a swordsman... seriously people. -__-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_chu/5213691639/sizes/l/in/photostream/

That's just an average little seashell Samurott's holding, amirite?

The resemblance is uncanny.

Mewtwo_soul

Servant of Mewtwo #1
Mewtwo. Imagining less from a metagame/competitive look and at a "if they were real"

Mewtwo can create swords from its mind "Psycho Cut" and has infinite abilities basically. (Teleport, Force IE : Thunder/Blizzard/Fire Blast: powers, insane speed, heavy weight (mean swinging said swords will hurt and add more impact) and it's Mewtwo! --->Intense pressure indeed.

Profesco

gone gently
*Looks at Poll*

Okay, now I officially hate Gallade more than I hate the Eeveeons.

Hahaha! :D

My oh my, Gallade has certainly taken a huge jump in numbers, hasn't he? It's almost like someone who can edit threads is playing a prank on us all! :eek:

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Hahaha! :D

My oh my, Gallade has certainly taken a huge jump in numbers, hasn't he? It's almost like someone who can edit threads is playing a prank on us all! :eek:

Hint hint.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Farfetch'd as it's obviously the best at everything. Amazing type, amazing stats, amazing movepool, amazing... amazingness (?)

Gallade, The Musketeers, and Oshawott :3