• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best third gen music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
3rd gen has some of the best music in the series, but probably my favorite is the battle music for the Frontier Brains in Emerald. And that's not counting Colloseum and XD, which have the best music in the series period.

Last edited:

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
hmm. definitely when fighting my rival. actually my fav song is only from 2nd gen so far.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Weather Trio's music along with the Golems' theme were both pretty cool. I don't think they'd sound as good without that 3rd Gen tinginess.

I liked them, but I didn't think they were that great compared to other Legendary Pokemon battle music. I actually didn't really like the majority of the battle music in these games. I think that the only battle themes that I liked were the Elite Four battle theme and the Champion battle theme. The others were just average. I really loved the city and route BGM, though. Those tracks were almost all amazing.

swampert55

Colosseum semifinal battle theme for the console games, but that's an unfair comparison. For handheld, it must be the Battle Tower theme.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
Frontier Brain, Elite Four, Diving and Surfing.

Asterveil

Go figure.
The Abandoned Ship is one of my favorites... And the Diving music. <3

DasBoot

I'll probably have to update this now after playing through Emerald again. The Regi battles, frontier brains also have some good themes to them. Route 119, and Route 120 have music that inspires me.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Frontier brain was pretty awesome. As well as the Hoenn elite 4. I always thought it sounded like the kind of music that would play in a Roman Colosseum. Archie/Maxie have a pretty cool theme too though. Plus the route music always seems to give a nice touch to the atmosphere of the game.

ManhattanTheStarr

Mt. Pyre is my personal favorite, then there's the Mt. Chimney theme. They're both so good. <3 I wonder how they'll sound in the remakes of R/S/E. Assuming that we'll get them.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
So many to choose...

Frontier Brain, Elite 4, Route 119, Gym Leader, Rival Battle...

But my favorite one is... THE TRICK HOUSE.

Cheez Puf

Just lurking.
The intro into battling Steven and his theme are my favorites. It's the only music I remember from the third gen, actually.

Jessie_James

I have returned!
I enjoyed the Wild Battle Music and E4 battle music the most

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
"Drought" because it's so eerie. It makes me feel like something is going to kill me.

BlackZero707

Make it rain. Av^Av^
Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon's theme is pretty great and I really like the surfing song.

Zibdas

not bad
Heavy Rain, Drought and the Route 111 were all bloody brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.