• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Trade on GTS

725roy

ambivolent
I was looking for a Scrafty on GTS for a level 33 furret.
Some stupid idiot traded me a LEGIT shiny scrafty, they probably thought it was a glitch.

EboOso

Longtime Nerd
Legit shiny darkrai. I can't remember all the in between I did to get it(I call it a trade chain), but it involved ninetails, zekrom, virizion, and a few others. The end result was I traded something not all that great for several others, and eventually got the darkrai. I thought it was a hack, but I looked into it and it checks out as legit. That's pretty much my story of the year. xD

My second-best was when I put up a Lv 100 hacked Kyurem (I didn't hack for it) for any Hyderigon and someone gave me a Lv 100 Legit shiny one.
Of course, I traded my Carracosta for a Shiny hacked Thundurus which I then traded for that Kyurem.

Chocolatepie2

I travel by TARDIS
level 60 t-tar for any oshawott.
Also, lvl. 100 Ho-oH for a piloswine. I traded my only one. It was a legit shiny.

Abstinence Pistols

Hope you guys know you get good deals like that because they're cloned. I cloned a level 100 looking for a female 9 and under eevee (on the assumption it would be DW, it wasn't, fail).

Jak2551

~SHARK FIGHTA~
Man you people are lucky lol I traded my Shiney Doutrio for a Shiney LickyLicky thourgh GTS. Kinda cool for me I guess... lol

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
Hope you guys know you get good deals like that because they're cloned. I cloned a level 100 looking for a female 9 and under eevee (on the assumption it would be DW, it wasn't, fail).
That'w hat I'm always afraid of whenever I trade someone on the GTS; that I'll just be getting a hacked poke. I think the Eevee I got was legit though.

Rai Marshall

Wandering sheriff
In Diamond, where I traded my Golduck for a Staraptor at a reasonable level, so that I could train it to learn Brave Bird and then breed it to a Skarmory. It was faster that way.

What? So what if I didn't get a cooler Pokemon out of it, the majority of people on the GTS are/were idiots who wanted a Palkia or a Dialga in exchange for common or uncommon Pokemon, or demanding other ridiculous things. That's why I consider that to be a good trade, because it was actually fair.

Granted, I was the one who requested the Staraptor in the first place, but still.

And that's also why I prefer to exchange FCs to trade. I've never liked the GTS.

WhyBuffet

Pokémon Breeder
^Expanding on that thought, I just never understood why people always asked for level 9 and under Zekrom and Reshiram, even for the simplest thing such as a Pidgey.

Redphienix

41 Days of Black
Pidgey is pr. cool guy though :p

I think my best GTS moment was getting my first UT Giratina from the Japanese Arc event [the lvl 1 one]. Have since gotten 2 more [clones or not I love em :p] they are legit as legit as possible [accurate as heck so nothing that says they are hacked except the gut of the person looking at em :p]

Rai Marshall

Wandering sheriff
^Expanding on that thought, I just never understood why people always asked for level 9 and under Zekrom and Reshiram, even for the simplest thing such as a Pidgey.

People are still asking for ridiculous exchanges? I shouldn't even act surprised...

I have no hope for the people of the GTS. The only way one can ever get a good trade nowadays is if you're the one requesting something reasonable yourself.