• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Unreleased DW Pokemon

Which UNRELEASED Dream World Pokemon would benefit most from its Dream World ability?

• Lightning Rod Zapdos

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Sheer Force Feraligatr

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Multiscale Lugia

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Regenerator Ho-Oh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Justified Lucario

• Contrary Serperior

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Prankster Liepard

• Regenerator Reuniclus

• Shadow Tag Chandelure

Votes: 34 30.1%
  • Other

Votes: 15 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Not counter, but check/revenge kill. It's got good bulk, though.

I'll still admit it's overrated, but it could work.

Yes counters, the whole point is it needs to switch to lose it's boosts.

@ Complete Legitamacy - Heatran cares about type matchups when at +6 I think, depends on what moves you run. People would also be more careful switching with chandy around, I would guess they'd often try and get early game sweeps w/ taunt for set up chandy and another choice/ heatran for choice chandy. Just a prediction.

Also Ditto as a scout? You might be able to completely destroy their team if you know most of their movesets and base stats.

EDIT: Not Heatran, that was just a derpish idea of mine. Dugtrio might get more popular as a revenge.

Zachmac

Yes counters, the whole point is it needs to switch to lose it's boosts.
A counter can swap in safely, and lots of pokemon can't. That's they they're checks. It's still very easy to check, most teams will have one check for it. D-Night and Salamence counter it, they x4 resist leaf storm and x2 resist HP fire. Scizor x4 resist leaf storm, and can bullet punch after swapping in. However, a Hoxorus will probably be 2HKOed by leaf storm if I'm not mistaken, so it's only I check.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
A counter can swap in safely, and lots of pokemon can't. That's they they're checks. It's still very easy to check, most teams will have one check for it. D-Night and Salamence counter it, they x4 resist leaf storm and x2 resist HP fire. Scizor x4 resist leaf storm, and can bullet punch after swapping in. However, a Hoxorus will probably be 2HKOed by leaf storm if I'm not mistaken, so it's only I check.
OK, I admit I didn't know the difference between check and counter (lol) but most scarf's still counter because most can safely switch in on leaf storm and then troll. Only commonly seen scarf that can't is Terrakion I think, and T-tar.

Scizor's not a counter, it can't do a OHKO with Bullet Punch (I don't think) then it gets KO'd by HP Fire, the rest are right.

Also Crobat checks set up Chandy (which are sent in on it) with U-turn and counters Serperior with Brave Bird/ Flight Gem acrobatics. I guess it would also counter techniloom.

Zachmac

Scizor's not a counter, it can't do a OHKO with Bullet Punch (I don't think) then it gets KO'd by HP Fire, the rest are right.
Really? What about band/life orb? I didn't do the math...
Also Crobat checks set up Chandy (which are sent in on it) with U-turn and counters Serperior with Brave Bird/ Flight Gem acrobatics.
But crobat isn't too great in OU, but it can counter Serperior.

Won't most Chandalure be timid scarfed? I'm too lazy to do the math, but I think they were faster then crobat.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
Really? What about band/life orb? I didn't do the math...But crobat isn't too great in OU, but it can counter Serperior.

Won't most Chandalure be timid scarfed? I'm too lazy to do the math, but I think they were faster then crobat.

They'll be faster I think, but I did say set-up. Crobat is actually pretty decent, it can 2HKO ferrothorn (sometimes), OHKO most pokes in sun teams, counters quite a bit of HO with taunt and can be a good revenge killer with pursuit. It's not the best, but it's not bad.

Jacobthepokemonfreak

Fly it all away!
Ditto FTW!!!

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
It's obviously chandelure. Why else would it be banned from DW OU? Serperior isn't that great. It has zero movepool. A specs set is good for it though. For Ubers, Multiscale Lugia is a beast.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It's obviously chandelure. Why else would it be banned from DW OU? Serperior isn't that great. It has zero movepool. A specs set is good for it though. For Ubers, Multiscale Lugia is a beast.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I love using Chandelure without Shadow Tag and knowing how Pokemon+Ability bans are like ice in Hell...

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
^I use chandy without it's ability and i like it. Sometimes it is fun to use flash fire one in DW OU to trick people who don't look at text/don't know what's banned.

Zachmac

Ah, but it's which benefits the most. Chandalure is OU without it's DW ability, yet ditto is NU, likely to jump up all the way to OU, and will also work well in Ubers.

I guess you could argue for both.

Serperior isn't that great. It has zero movepool. A specs set is good for it though.

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid
252 speed / 252 special attack / 4 Defense

Substitute
Leech Seed
Leaf Storm
HP Fire

This is all it needs to slaughter most teams on its own. What little can survive multiple strikes from Leaf Storm + HP Fire (Heatran, Jirachi in Rain etc) fall to Subseed. Its so good.

irock245

She wants it
how come there's no love for regerator ho-oh(and i voted for lugia)?

rocky505

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid
252 speed / 252 special attack / 4 Defense

Substitute
Leech Seed
Leaf Storm
HP Fire

This is all it needs to slaughter most teams on its own. What little can survive multiple strikes from Leaf Storm + HP Fire (Heatran, Jirachi in Rain etc) fall to Subseed. Its so good.
It's still not good. It's okay though. Future games should end up giving it love though.

Skydra

It's still not good. It's okay though. Future games should end up giving it love though.

Reason why its not? What counters make it not good?

Roronoa Zoro

Cracks begin to show
Ah, but it's which benefits the most. Chandalure is OU without it's DW ability, yet ditto is NU, likely to jump up all the way to OU, and will also work well in Ubers.

I guess you could argue for both.

Chandelure is UU.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.

I would pay money to watch a Serperior beat a Heatran, assuming the Heatran was properly trained and the trainer wasn't a moron. Massive lulz.

I would pay money to watch a Serperior beat a Heatran, assuming the Heatran was properly trained and the trainer wasn't a moron. Massive lulz.

Just Sub up as Heatran switches in and use Leech Seed as it breaks your Sub. Then just keep spamming Substitute. Between Leftovers and Leech Seed, you're getting most of that HP back, and your dealing 1/8 damage every turn to Heatran.

Not really that hard if you play it right.

purugly555

*insert title here*
Just Sub up as Heatran switches in and use Leech Seed as it breaks your Sub. Then just keep spamming Substitute. Between Leftovers and Leech Seed, you're getting most of that HP back, and your dealing 1/8 damage every turn to Heatran.

Not really that hard if you play it right.

I just got ninja'd... Also, at +6, leaf storm deals quite a bit of damage to tran

Status
Not open for further replies.