• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Used Game Stores?

I searched, and found NOTHING *Mrz Bitters moment*

I'm looking for Final Fantasy, most specificly VII, VIII and IX for alittle summer playing. Howerver, every game store I've visted (While be it afew) Eiter dont seem to carry Used/ have none (One store blamed Advent Children). So, WHere am I most likly to FIND these games used besides online?

meta-master

The name says it all
Uhhh.... have you tryed EBay?

Staryu

I know, I know..
I'd def. recommend Ebay. I've tried EB Games and one used game I bought from there didn't work.

Kev Chi

Guardian
Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix said:
I searched, and found NOTHING *Mrz Bitters moment*

I'm looking for Final Fantasy, most specificly VII, VIII and IX for alittle summer playing. Howerver, every game store I've visted (While be it afew) Eiter dont seem to carry Used/ have none (One store blamed Advent Children). So, WHere am I most likly to FIND these games used besides online?
That's probably your best bet right there. Most stores I don't think will keep the first PS games in with all of these new ones coming in for the PS2. Bigger market for the PS2 ones the the PS1.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
I'd hate to say it, but your best bet, though it seems you don't want to go there, is online. Amazon has a nice selection, and I'm currently looking for FF IX myself. However, you might want to look into local Pawn Shops for old Final Fantasy games. I also got my copy of FF VIII last Christmas from Media Play, which does have some old games, which included FF VII (which I got from K-mart the previous year).

I guess you just have to get lucky, or look for stores that specifically sell older games. Toys 'R Us often has old PS1 games, too.

Turner

Vagabond
Vintige Stock... But only if you have one in your area... They're so awesome (and they carry old games, even for the atari)... Online though, they aren't so great.

Ebay and Amazon are pretty good (online), but they aren't always reliable.. it would figure if you buy a game and it melts in the mail... or if you bought one that didn't work.

ShiningClefairy

Meteor Trainer
Where have you checked already? I've found some really cool stuff around me, some stuff that could be considered rare.

While they were still selling NES and SNES games, I saw Mega Man 2, Kid Icarus, and Super Mario RPG. For N64, I've seen Paper Mario, Harvest Moon 64, and other stuff like that.

It's not like we can suggest you a place. The used game selection at my local store is different than yours.

Last edited:
ShiningClefairy said:
It's not like we can suggest you a place. The used game selection at my local store is different than yours.
Ai, I didnt think abou tthat, So I'll probly use Amazon, as PS Games arnt to common anymore.

Oh, and to WhereIve checked, one was EB, and one was Game Stop