• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Valentine's Day present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
Phish Food. Not that I'll get anything :/

The best present I gave on V-day was a Teddy bear with a personalized shirt (our 2 names and a big cheesey heart) and 50 coupons for a kiss.

I'm surprised no one has suggested diamonds as of yet. Beats flowers and chocolates any day.

Apparently members of this forum are far more wealthy than I originally thought :p.

Substitute the movie for a nice walk somewhere and Korusan has ze nail on ze head. Assuming I was in a relationship. Which I'm not. Carry on.

Riceslash

The pangolin
Candle-lit dinner in McDonald's

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
An onion

Not a red rose or a satin heart.

I give you an onion.
It is a moon wrapped in brown paper.
It promises light
like the careful undressing of love.

Here.
It will blind you with tears
like a lover.
It will make your reflection
a wobbling photo of grief.

I am trying to be truthful.

Not a cute card or a kissogram.

I give you an onion.
Its fierce kiss will stay on your lips,
possessive and faithful
as we are,
for as long as we are.

Take it.
Its platinum loops shrink to a wedding-ring,
if you like.

Lethal.
Its scent will cling to your fingers,
cling to your knife.

By Carol Ann Duffy

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
For me it would be perfume or a giant teddy.:D
Not a big fan of flowers and chocolate.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Coitus, what else?

A girlfriend :foreveralone:

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
*sigh* I am not giving a present to annyone, as the girl i love already has a boyfriend, this makes me very sad, yet if i love her i will let her go

pirate555

Word.
A girlfriend :foreveralone:

That face is quite a face. But even that face could probably find a matching gal :3

Anyhow, in general the best Valentine's day present is a gift that is uniquely significant to the receiver. Whatever inside joke you share with your lover, or song you dance to, or book you always quote from together, use that. In the absence of an obvious symbol, a photo album usually works wonders (assuming you plan to stay together for a while). Lat year I gave my (now ex) a 20 minute recording of myself playing all our favourite songs in a medley on the piano.

This year I intend to rent out all the Die Hard movies and watch them all night on the 14th with a mega bag of marshmallows, as I recommend to all other single girls. Gotta love Hans and - err, that other German guy in the third movie.

DasBoot

It really depends on the person you are, or who you are giving. Some will say presents, other will say time.

For me, it would be time with my loved one. But as of now, I don't have anyone.

feelsreallybadmanandwishesforalovedone

Zevn

Lost in Translation
A friend of mine gave me chocolate today as a psuedo-valentines day gift.

Platonic's great right?

Josiah

is your favorite
*sigh* I am not giving a present to annyone, as the girl i love already has a boyfriend, this makes me very sad, yet if i love her i will let her go
I don't know if it's wise to declare yourself in love with someone unless you've actually had to spend that much time around them. Certainly don't tell them you love them unless you're dating or whatever.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
That's pretty morose.

~_~

Status
Not open for further replies.