• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

best video game bad guys

I'd say Donkey Kong, too often people forget that he started out as a villain who kidnapped "Pauline" from "Jumpman" and threw barrels at you. AND THE LEVELS WERE SO DAMN HARD.
not only that he made the transition from villain to protagonist of his his own games. i don't think any villain has received as much love as DK throughout the years, except maybe Glados.

Last edited:

diakyu

Definitely Joshua. His condescending attitude totally made him. Well, maybe he wasn't condescending. He was superior to everyone else except Mr. Hanekoma

Ampy

Light The Stars
inb4 Kefka.

Lavos for being a ****ing planet devouring space hedgehog.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The members of FOXHOUND. All of them. It's kind of impossible for me to choose a best or worst.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
In terms of comic relief, definitely Bowser, especially in the RPGs spin-offs.

In all seriousness though, Zanza from Xenoblade was an excellent villain, pulling the strings while shrouded in question causing misery slowly creeping out and revealing himself only leading to many memorable plot twists.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
In terms of comic relief, definitely Bowser, especially in the RPGs spin-offs.

In all seriousness though, Zanza from Xenoblade was an excellent villain, pulling the strings while shrouded in question causing misery slowly creeping out and revealing himself only leading to many memorable plot twists.

Pretty much all of this.

Ganon is pretty bro too.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Did you just posted a Xenoblade spoiler? I really hope not as I and properly some other people have still yet to finish the game.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
To name a few:

Andrew Ryan - Bioshock
The Overmind - StarCraft
Arcturus Mengsk - StarCraft
Jacob Dannik - Dead Space 3
Dagoth Ur - The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Saren Arterius - Mass Effect
Sovereign - Mass Effect
GLaDOS - Portal

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The game has been out for 3 years.

It's actually been out for 2 years nor should it matter and beside I have a social life which means I don't get the chance to sit down to play the for a long period of hours, which I mean that I am pretty much in the dark about the game story and would like to keep it that way until I am finished with the game. Beside it isn't hard to add a spoiler tag.

Zorupix

Master of Illusions
Jonaleth Irenicus from Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. He has the mind of Doctor Doom and he is arguably stronger than the fabled Elminster. He is cunning and manipulative to the point where even his defeats are according to his plan and end up working in his favor. Were it not for his sister Bhodi mucking his plans up by giving the hero (The son of a dead god) a chance to escape out of her desire for a fun hunt, Jon would have fully achieved his ultimate goals of revenge and godhood. And his voice acting is simply perfect.

Jon Irenicus

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I'd be inclined to agree, since
Egil didn't really do much for me. Loved Metal Face as a villain since he was so easy to hate, and just a general douchebag rather than a sympathetic villain. Egil just felt so... meh, since the same intensity and drive to beat him wasn't there. Zanza, though, made a nice reprise since there was that "You've played us since the beginning" drive that just made you want to destroy him. Although I wish the actual battle with him was harder; I made the mistake of grinding for the super-bosses first, and by that time I was able to beat Zanza to a bloody pulp without effort.

And despite Ampy pre-empting it, yes; I friggin' love Kefka. To this day he remains my favorite villain. He was always power hungry, but he just became totally twisted in his lust for power. He didn't start off strong either, and in fact was a bit on the weak side. But he just slowly rose to power, becoming stronger through magic infusion, capturing Espers, and then finally the floating continent incident. All the while, taunting you and generally being an *** at every given opportunity. By the end of the game, you WANT to kill him. And then there's all the symbolism in the actual battle with him... And as bonus points for me, I've always loved how atypical he was as far as villains are concerned, especially within the Final Fantasy games. He's not some bishie, or some "badass" (usually in armor); he's a freaking psychotic clown! He's not sympathetic, either; he's power hungry and lacking inhibitions, doing anything and everything to get what he wants.

There's also the fact that he ACTUALLY WINS, and the second half of the game is retaking the ruined world from him. It's not just barely saving the day; he truly ruins the world, and creates a true feeling of hopelessness and despair. Love that man.

...In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not particularly a fan of sympathetic villains. I love a villain who's easy to hate (for their actions I mean, not hate in terms of being an ineffective villain).

Last edited:

Abstinence Pistols

SHODAN is still my all-time favorite villain, especially thanks to the opening sequences of both System Shock games.

System Shock 2 is probably the only game besides Amnesia that I have trouble playing from abject terror. Especially in that opening level. Med Sci 1, man. ****'s terrifying.

Ampy

Light The Stars
And despite Ampy pre-empting it, yes; I friggin' love Kefka.

Don't get me wrong; I think Kefka is a great villain, I just don't think he's the "end-all be-all" of Final Fantasy villains. Kuja happens to be my favourite of the bunch but I definitely see where the love for Kefka comes from.

people may agree or disagree but i think sephiroth was a amazing villian from ff7

I feel like what made Sephiroth a great villain wasn't his character but the presence he gives off throughout the game, if that makes sense.

wingzx

Heart-under-blade
I feel like what made Sephiroth a great villain wasn't his character but the presence he gives off throughout the game, if that makes sense.

ya i understand what u mean. i really liked him as a villian and i agree with kuja to but i havent beaten 9 yet and i need to replay it :p

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Although her parts where rather short, I really liked Komari Vosa from Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

Also Darth Malak from Knights of the Old Republic

ysmr97

YES^ Handsome Jack was freaking awesome!