• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Video Game Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibdas

not bad
Exactly as the title says. It could be epic, strange, whatever.

Personally, I've always really liked Roar of the Departed Souls from Lost Odyssey, despite the fact that I've never played the game.
But it definitely isn't my favourite. And I can't choose. So haha on me.

The World Ends With You has the best DS music ever.
Mother 3 has the best GBA music.
Donkey Kong Country 3 has the best SNES music (Although DKC2 has the best track in the entire DKC series.)
Paper Mario has the best N64 music.
But overall, DDR series does. There's a lot of misses, but overall, it has the best music.

Last edited:
You like smooth jazz? Get you some Halo 3: ODST.
Wind Waker has some of the best music in the Zelda series, Portal 2 has a phenomenal (and free to download) techno soundtrack, The Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion have simply beautiful scores...
There's just so many good ones out there.

ForeverFlame

Final Fantasy 6. It has an opera. That was composed in the 16-bit era. I think that speaks for itself. Who would expect an opera on an old Super Nintendo cartridge? The entire soundtrack has like 60 songs, and each of them are equally amazing. Uematsu definitely reached his peak from FF6 to FF8.

And speaking of FF8, I hated the game, but the soundtrack is amazing. Most likely due to FF7's One Winged Angel being so popular, FF8 had a truckload of songs with Latin vocals in them, and it worked. (Before every other JRPG played follow the leader).

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
I can think of quite a few off the tip of my head.

Shenmue
Memories of Distant Days

Tales of Destiny (PS2)
Surprise Attack

Tales of the Abyss
Meaning of Birth

Tales of Phantasia
Fighting of the Spirit

Growlanser II
Because You have Friends

Growlanser III
A Winner is You

Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Boss Battle

Skies of Arcadia
Boss Battle

Lost Odyssey
A Mighty Enemy Appears

Mana Khemia
Nefertiti

Final Fantasy VI
Techno de Chocobo

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Lord Laharl's Hymn

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Ganon

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Clock Town, Third Day

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Staff Credits

Shadow of the Colossus
Demise of the Ritual ~Battle with the Colossus~

Resident Evil (GCN)
Save Haven

Mega Man 2/Rockman 2
Wiley's Castle

Ace Attorney: Phoenix Wright/Gyakuten Saiban 1
Naruhodou Ryuuichi - Objection! (2001)

Luigi's Mansion
Professor E. Gadd's Lab

Touhou Project: The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
A Soul as Red as a Ground Cherry

We ♥ Katamari
Katamari Holiday

The World Ends With You
Hybrid/Japanese

Pocket Monsters Red/Green/Blue/Yellow
Champion

Last edited:

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
Minecraft, and pretty much every LoZ game ever made. I feel FFX had some beautiful tracks thrown in there, as well as FFXIII.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Pokemon HG/SS, F-Zero GX, Most songs in Guitar Hero 3, Smackdown VS. RAW 2006 and 2007, and all the Metallica songs on Guitar Hero Metallica

Mikau

Better then you
Battle on the Big Bridge from FF5 and 12 is among one of my personal favorite soundtracks ever. In fact I enjoy most of the FF series soundtracks, they are all really well composed.

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Let's see...

Portal 2's got a wonderful soundtrack. Laser vs. Turret is especially cool-sounding.
I was always a fan of RSE Victory Road.
I'm honestly surprised nobody's mentioned Good Egg Galaxy, Gusty Garden Galaxy, or the Purple Coin Theme. Galaxy won me over on the soundtrack alone.

Yeah, Nintendo games and PC games are the only ones I've ever owned.

Kataphrut

I've always been a big fan of Encounter from Metal Gear Solid, particularly the Smash Bros version.

Also, LA Noire had really good music. Aside from the funky jazz stuff on the radio, the music that played when looking for clues and the little tones during interrogation sessions were really good at providing ambience.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
No one ever mentions Sonic the Hedgehog in these kind of topics. Sad.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Road to Bowser theme ( think that was the name to song that plays in the Bowser stages in the 3D Mario games ) from the 3D Mario games , Huff N' Puff`s theme from Paper Mario , Issun`s theme from the Okami games , Goron City (version from Twilight Princess included) from Ocarina of Time , and Throwback Galaxy`s theme from Super Mario Galaxy 2 would have to be some songs that would receive some of my picks from my music perspective. Super Mario 2007 would have been on there if there wasn`t the better version of the song which is called Super Mario 2010 already out. There would have been more but I didn`t wan the post to be as long as it is already. In this case , Super Mario World`s overworld theme with the riding Yoshi bongo effect would get my honorable mention.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
The entire sountrack of Emerald.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Golden Sun series is epic win.

Status
Not open for further replies.