• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Villain Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutty

Forever now
Nicole Kidman from Golden Compass.

HK

Radiance of Shadows
This thread is lacking some serious mention of Daniel Plainview (There Will Be Blood), Harry Lime (The Third Man), Frank Booth (Blue Velvet), Hans Beckert (M), and Anton Chigurh (No Country for Old Men).

But I will always love The Joker.

Lee Van Cleef - "Angel Eyes" - is the best villain ever depicted on screen imo, in the masterpiece that is The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

That was a good series. Better than that crap known as Harry Potter.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Lemony Snicket is a terrible author, who has no reason to write because he sucks at it. Harry Potter is a great series and you cannot deny J.K. rowlings writing skills are way beeter than Lemony's, and I can say that causeI've read all of the books of both series.

Cerulean21

Time Traveller
Mrs Coulter from His Dark Materials (portrayed by Nicole Kidman in the movies). Best villain of all times, without the slightest chance of a doubt.

Archimedes

Not Dead Yet
I have no idea what you're talking about. Lemony Snicket is a terrible author, who has no reason to write because he sucks at it. Harry Potter is a great series and you cannot deny J.K. rowlings writing skills are way beeter than Lemony's, and I can say that causeI've read all of the books of both series.

For a second I thought you were being serious, then I read that part. YOU ALMOST GOT ME!

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Harry Potter is a great series and you cannot deny J.K. rowlings writing skills are way beeter than Lemony's, and I can say that causeI've read all of the books of both series.
Lemony Snicket is intentionally using simpler writing for a series of childrens' novels. J.K. Rowling is attempting to write seriously, throwing out the best she's got, and it's not good enough. Did you skip the epilogue in the last book? I wrote sh*t like that when I was five.

And to make this post relevant, add Megatron from any given incarnation of Transformers. He's an iconic villain no matter which of a dozen different universes he appears in.

DomeFossil

~awaits new Sugi art
Buu from DBZ was awesome. Funny and destructive.
My god! how could I forget Buu! "Buu's gonna eat you!"

And to the mini flame war, I like Harry Potter more than I like ASoUE, but I did like Lemony's whimsical and poetic writing style. They both have good points. However, for someone to write such a depressing series...the drearyness gets monotonous after a while. And I'm split down the middle here, but I certainly found the whole 'mysteries will never get truly solved' theme of ASoUE.

And cipher, the "high and mighty" routine achieves nothing except giving an impression of arrogance.

Whatever floats your boat, or sinks your submarine I guess.

Last edited:

DieChavsDie

Voldemort from Harry Potter
Norman Bates from Psycho

hammy_ham_ham

Unleash your Phantom
Oh yeah, Norman Bates!

Well, it depends on what 'best' means in this case- best entertainment value, most chilling, etc. I'll go for some of each.

Hector Barbossa
Norman Bates
Scar
Saw
Stay Puft Marshmallow Man

Status
Not open for further replies.