• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Villain in any media

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Is he really considered a villain though? I'm not very educated in LOTR, but isn't he only bad because he's being controlled?

Then again, I might have it all wrong >.>

Anyway, I really liked Light from Death Note.

Much like how the death note corrupted Light into becoming a villain (though Light probably wasn't very stable to begin with, and the power got to his head), the ring corrupted Sméagol and he murdered his relative when he refused to give it to him. Though Sméagol was corrupted immediately while Light got in way over his head after a few successful killings, but both had pitiful--but karmic--deaths. Funny how similar the two are.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Let's make it easy and just say that the best villain of all time is Galactus.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Really? I thought it was Jessie, James and Meowth XD (Kidding even if they were great in the OS and BW).
Ah sarcasm, always gets at least one good laugh.

We all know who the greatest villain is and that is sin. Now to wait for someone to reply to my message questioning if I meant Red Skull's daughter (which I did not).

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
The Origami Killer from Heavy Rain. Spoilers follow:
When he was younger, the Origami Killer, Scott Sheppard (later Scott Shelby) saw his little brother die in a flooded drain pipe. Well, he saw him trapped in it at first. Unable to help his little brother, he goes to his father. However, his father refuses to listen to Scott, and therefore refuses to help. As such, Scott watches his brother drown.

Thus, his motive is not so much to kill children, but to find a father he considered devoted enough to his child. Yeah. Very different, and actually pretty cool in its own massively depressing way.

Ah sarcasm, always gets at least one good laugh.

We all know who the greatest villain is and that is sin. Now to wait for someone to reply to my message questioning if I meant Red Skull's daughter (which I did not).

Let's face it though. Even though this is a Pokémon forum, I don't think that any of the Pokémon villains will be on here (even though, I am not counting out the possibility of someone naming Giovanni or Ghetis as the best villain).

PsychicPsycho

For the best villain, I say the Joker. I'm not familiar with his comic book activities, but what I've seen from him in movies, games and tv makes him the greatest.

As for most evil, someone that comes to mind is Craig Blackburn from Killer 7. I believe that's the name...no it's Curtis, not Craig. I say this simply because of a section I saw on him in a video about the most evil video game villains (video- his part is at 3:30). I won't say what's in it; suffice it to say it made me sick to my stomach thinking about it.
For regular cartoons, it's hard to say, there are a lot of good villains out there. So I'll go with Disney villains and say, like always, that Frollo is the best villain Disney ever made. The first time you see him, he's arresting gypsies, and chases down one of them because he thinks the baby she's carrying is something she stole (which the gypsy did in the actual book, in stealing Quasimodo, but it's not established in the movie). Then when he takes it from her on the steps of Notre Dame, he kicks her down the steps where she dies of a concussion. Then he was going to throw the baby down a well "back to Hell". All in God's holy name. In the first five minutes.
I saw a portion of this movie recently (maybe about the last half) and was surprised as to how dark it was, pretty much because of him. I'd say I can't think of any disney character more villainous.
The only villains I know of called that are Sin from Final Fantasy and The Icon of Sin in Doom 2 (although it's debatable if that's its actual name).

D

Deleted member 318910

I think we can all agree that The Combine are awesometacular.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
I think we can all agree that The Combine are awesometacular.

From Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? I've never thought about the Combine itself being a villain but now I totally see where that's coming from. We discussed this for like 2 weeks in English. Interesting stuff.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
From Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest? I've never thought about the Combine itself being a villain but now I totally see where that's coming from. We discussed this for like 2 weeks in English. Interesting stuff.

No, I think he's referring to the Combine from the Half-Life series. Interesting idea, though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
My answer is very different from any of yours...
Piedmon. The clown digimon from the first season xD He was so epic and funny, but still the worst digimon you could ever fight xD

Myotismon hands down is the better Digimon villain, such an evil bastard (but a handsome one at that).

Yes, I know most everyone here has seen Digimon and know who Myotismon is, but there is still huge spoilers for Digimon Zero Two, so... yeah. Placing in spoilers when I get to that part.

Piedmon was just insane, but Myotismon had class to his sadism. He obviously had some great brainwashing skills with his abuse in order to keep Gatomon on his side as a Rookie (the other Pokémon were naturally Virus Digimon, so they probably didn't need a lot of coaxing to join his army). He was also willing to kill a child when he entered the real world, and he almost did until Wizardmon stepped in her place. And everyone can agree that him killing Wizardmon (and not giving a rat's ass about it because he was a "traitor" for doing the right thing) basically was the last straw for anyone--except the fan-girls.

But then he came back in his Mega form because of a prophecy (which... kinda doesn't make sense, I don't think we should've needed a prophecy for him to come back), and was more than willing to devour everyone in his path. I think he became more barbaric in this form as he didn't seem very classy or intelligent like he was, but who cares, he's a monster the size of skyscrapers. He can do whatever the hell he wants until them pesky DigiDestineds unlocked their own Mega-evolutions and held him down with their Digivices for the finishing blow to hit.

And of course, Myotismon still refused to go down, so he took over Oikawa for who-knows how long only because of the man's grief and desire to enter the Digital World. He used children as experiments for the Dark Spores, and tortured and killed one of his henchman just because he could. And for being the big bad behind the second season, that gives him extra points for refusing to die the first two times. Meanwhile, Piedmon's still floating around a dimension, and no one's heard from him again. If he had a marked grave, Myotismon would've danced on it (in Oikawa's body of course).

You know, Myotismon actually was the complete monster for Digimon until a human character from Digimon Savers came around, but as I've never seen Savers, nor do I plan to, I can't exactly say what that guy did without looking up on TV Tropes. But for those who have seen Savers and want to go ahead and one-up Myotismon, be my guest.

WildHennaCharizard

Best villalin? hmm I'd have to say Megabyte from Reboot. Why? Here are a few reasons:

He is a Computer virus ( all your stuff saved on your computer... kiss it good bye)

He almost diesected Enzo's (a little kid) dog for something it ate

He basished Bob the guardian of Mainframe to the net and When Bob finally got back Mainframe was in ruins!

He plays a wicked guiter duel

Grey Wind

Mayor Prentiss from the Chaos Walking trilogy was pretty awesome. The whole "is he really evil" thing made him even better imo. Honourable mention to Ghirahim and Billy-Ray Sanguine too.

Last edited:

Cutty

Forever now
Is he really considered a villain though? I'm not very educated in LOTR, but isn't he only bad because he's being controlled?

Then again, I might have it all wrong >.>

Anyway, I really liked Light from Death Note.

Basically, Smeagol (his real name) was already a bad character before he was consumed n controlled by the ring. He killed his companion to get it. Unlike Bilbo Baggins who had had the ring for a while before he gave it to Frodo, he didnt really change. He didnt have to kill Gollum first for it even though he could/had a change.

Here read more.

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
I HAVE CHORTLES! I don't care if no one's saying mario characters, Fawful is one of the best thanks to his broken english and everything else about him (mainly his english and quotes though). I also really liked to hate Dimentio from Super Paper Mario. He brain washes Luigi and has him fight against you, then he uses him to create Super Dimentio. And he just plans on deceiving Count Bleck from the beginning working in the shadows the whole time waiting to set his plan into action.

ForeverFlame

You people are so silly. The Joker murdered Robin, crippled Batgirl, and has the highest body count out of all non-supernatural comic book characters (mainly due to the multiple continuities - the Joker has sometimes killed the same person more than once due to this).

In the multiple continuities he also did a bunch of crazy **** such as: killing a fast food worker for getting his order wrong, gave poisoned ice cream to boy scouts, killing a school bus full of children, killing Lois Lane, gassing an elementary school, raping Barbara Gordon (Batgirl) and showing pictures of it to her father, forced a man to masturbate to a picture of his daughter, more rape, bombs a stadium (TDKR-style), boils a kid into a stew and forces his dad to eat the remains, and stole a kid's report card. Check this out. (note that the Joker has not only killed characters in Batman, but also in Superman, Swing Thing, The Justice League, Wonder Woman, and even the freaking Green Lantern - this guy is a menace)

Heath Ledger's Joker is just the tip of the iceberg. Plus the Dark Knight version of the Joker earns good guy points for killing off Maggie Gyllenhall for us.

Comek525

The best villain would have to be Darth Krayt from Star Wars or Aizen from Bleach

D

Deleted member 318910

No, it's the enemy from Half-Life 2. Or also Half-Life/Black Mesa/Blue Shift/Opposing Force, depending on how you look at G-Man.