• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Villainous Team

Which is the most interesting evil team for you?

• Total voters

deliaketchum

Except Team Yell, all other evil teams had their arc in the anime. Which one of these you find most and least interesting and why?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Galactic and Hunter J because it felt closest to their game's arc.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Ginga-dan were objectively the most successful villainous group since Akagi did manage to get what he wanted in the end. I think they could've been handled a bit better, however. Pluto should've gotten a bigger role for instance, also the Ginga-dan should've debuted much earlier in DP.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Team Skull and Team Galactic are my favorite evil teams. Team Skull because they were funny and Team Galactic because I loved Mars and Saturn. :)
I personally wasn't fond of how the Skull-dan grunts were portrayed since they were basically a zanier version of the Rocket-dan trio. It's a shame that they never got a chance to really be seen as threats given that Guzma was the only truly competent trainer among them, and even he didn't do much until later in SM.

RafaSceptile

Hunter J is the most interesting one, as it really was the most unique thing for a villainous "team".

After her, I would say that Team Flare have the best villain arc to date followed by Team Galactic, with Team Magma+Aqua being the worst.
Honorific mention to Team Skull but that is mainly for Guzma's rushed story arc.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Dang, anyone thinking Galactic was anywhere close to their game selves needs to play the game again. They were NOTHING like their game selves and it was a disaster that very strongly indicated to me that the writers never finished the actual games. Cyrus's entire plan on the show, to be the only thing that existed, goes entirely against what he said in the games he would NEVER do, when Cynthia asks him why he doesn't just "go off somewhere alone". The idea angers him that she would even suggest that he do so, because then he could never "bring justice".

And the anime just took a big dump all over that. It was sad.

Anyway I vote Rocket. That's how you adapt a paper-thin team to have some *interest* to them!

Flashyspark

Dang, anyone thinking Galactic was anywhere close to their game selves needs to play the game again. They were NOTHING like their game selves and it was a disaster that very strongly indicated to me that the writers never finished the actual games. Cyrus's entire plan on the show, to be the only thing that existed, goes entirely against what he said in the games he would NEVER do, when Cynthia asks him why he doesn't just "go off somewhere alone". The idea angers him that she would even suggest that he do so, because then he could never "bring justice".

And the anime just took a big dump all over that. It was sad.

Anyway I vote Rocket. That's how you adapt a paper-thin team to have some *interest* to them!
So you're saying that the show ruined Team Galactic because of one instance of them using creative freedom with Cyrus' plans? The show is supposed to adapt things from the games in ways that work in the context of the show and I thought them changing that part of Cyrus' character was more creative than what happened in the games

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Ignore my vote, I thought this was in the game section.

Pretend I voted for Team Rocket. Jessie and James are incredibly ENDEARING, so they win.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
So you're saying that the show ruined Team Galactic because of one instance of them using creative freedom with Cyrus' plans? The show is supposed to adapt things from the games in ways that work in the context of the show and I thought them changing that part of Cyrus' character was more creative than what happened in the games
At what point does it become an entirely different character though?

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Team Flare/Team Galactic and J take the crown in equal parts, though Flare gets major credits for being what Team Plasma should've been.

Rocket is far too inconsistent but they're a big threat when allowed to be in the plot with their full organization