• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Villainous Team

Which is the most interesting evil team for you?

• Total voters

DatsRight

I feel like Team Rocket, despite their inconsistent treatment throughout the years, have accumulated enough to make them the most interesting team thus far. While it's mostly bungling antics via the TRio, we still get the occasional arcs or faceoffs from them or other members where they mean business.

BW was an interesting direction for TR where we finally saw Giovanni and the rest of the organisation in a high scale operation, even if it maybe could have been done better. Even some of the TRio's more comical schemes are rather compelling for how likeable they are and the personal tint they have against the protagonists.

I feel like with a lot of the other teams they end up diluting them too much to be the generic 'shadowy sinister threat' to contrast the TRio, lacking the varied amount of personalities and motivations the games give the many individual members. Even the better handled arcs like Team Galactic feel like they're just 'Evil Mc Evilface' for the most part.

I feel like Team Skull had the potential to subvert this, given they kept the range of bungling grunts and Plumeria and Guzma's more fearsome but still semi-sympathetic personalities, unfortunately their role was cut down horrifically compared to the games, with only a decent league battle from Guzma and a couple limelight moments for the bungling Skull members to give them some substance.

Team Rocket are unbeatable.

I usually enjoy seeing regional villainous teams, I had a lot of fun with team Galactic. I liked Team Skull as well. I have not watched the other series fully, so I cannot say for them. I am excited to get to Team Flare though!

Overall: Villainous teams are all good, but TR win.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Hunter J actually felt like a life threatening villain and on top of that she had very powerful pokemon.Her Salamence and Drapion easily overpowered Gary's Blastoise/Ash's Pikachu.

Blastmaster

I'd still say Team Flare had the best villain arc, but honestly Team Flare itself has very little to do with it. I still couldn't tell you more than two of the scientists' names (lol) and I definitely couldn't tell you any of their personality traits.

The most interesting team would be something like Rocket > Skull > Galactic > J > the rest (including BW Rocket). As many problems as they may have, the TRio (sans Unova) obviously have by far the most depth and character. Skull is sort of similar but with a lot less screentime, I've got a soft spot for them in both the games and the anime actually because they're not really evil.

Galactic are admittedly pretty unapologetic villains, but they edge out the others because I can at least distinguish some basic character traits from the three admins (Mars was the most emotional over Cyrus's death, Jupiter is flirty and headstrong, Saturn is calm and collected). That's more than I can say about any of the others, BW TRio included. BW Meowth had slightly more traces of his real personality but Jessie and James had absolutely none.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Team Rocket in Unova and Team Flare. Not sure if Hunter J and her henchmen are considered a team, I don’t think they have an official name, but she was pretty solid and threatening.

Ryker101

Games = Plasma, Anime = Flare

Both of them were menacing and had an iron grip on their respective regions. They were built up overtime and even tied in the main rivals into their ranks. They felt like true adversaries who needed the entire region to be brought down. I loved the plasma theme in game. It does feel like team flare took a few pointers from team plasma though

Also wanna shout out team skull. They are purposely small scale but hilarious and kinda wholesome. In both mediums

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Games = Plasma, Anime = Flare

Both of them were menacing and had an iron grip on their respective regions. They were built up overtime and even tied in the main rivals into their ranks. They felt like true adversaries who needed the entire region to be brought down. I loved the plasma theme in game. It does feel like team flare took a few pointers from team plasma though
Agree with this!!

Xuxuba

Team Rocket never got a proper resolution.

Team Magma/Aqua arc started okay. Despite being cheesy, it was rather self-aware of its cheesiness. The final "fight" was extremely boring though, it truly brings down the entire arc's ranking by a lot.

Team Galactic arc was more serious, but their episodes were too spread out, the finale was anticlimatic and i feel like the admins were rather underwhelming compared to Hunter J.

Team Plasma was unfortunatelly robbed of a proper introduction due to external factors and because of that they lost some of the most interesting moments from the games. They had to somewhat adapt BW2 (very loosely), which was... okayish i guess. Quite cliché, but to be fair all of them are (like literally every single one of them). Wish the whole discussion about the ethics in battling pokémon was more developed and that the other characters besides Ash had a bigger role.

Team Flare was also cliché just like the others, but i don't have much to complain about the execution, since they took the team seriously and had some amazing action scenes, with all the characters playing an important role. I also liked how the admins didn't hold anything back just like Hunter J, being just as cold and cruel as her. The whole Megalith thing was very weird, but i guess at least that part wasn't predictable.

So my vote goes to Team Flare and Hunter J. With TF being first and Hunter J second.

Last edited: