• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Battle Catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Then again, he gets more screentime than her too. :rolleyes:

Someone's just pressed because Oshawott is slaying the leaf snake. :p

Just for fun I did battling strength.

Ash: 58 / 107 (54%)
Iris: 8 / 15 (53%)
Cilian: 12 / 19 (63%)

Anyone surprised?

Can't say that I am. I've said it hundreds of times: Cilan's Pokemon win too often. I'm happy that Ash and Iris are basically tied, but it still hurts to see that Cilan is so far ahead.

Haunter ゴースト

I'm honestly surprised that he has more victories than Snivy.

Kira, I tried fighting the urge to respond to your post. I really did.

Snivy only has 1 less win than Oshawott, and 3 losses less than Oshawott, on top of that the majority of her battles have been unresolved. From a battling perspective, she's doing much better than Oshawott.

WAIT.

Before you call me a stan for Snivy, both Ash's Oshawott and Snivy are my favourite of his starters, so I don't favour either of them more than the other. It's obvious that Oshawott has been losing an awful lot.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I personaly think you should add in the Movie battles that occur, which would be:

-Pikachu vs Serperior (Win)
-Oshawott vs Emboar (Win)
-Tepig vs Samurott (With Victini's power wins).
-Scraggy vs Hydreigon (With Victini's power wins).

-Emolga vs Emboar (disaqualified).

-Pansage vs Hydreigon (Loss)

But they didn't actually happen Haunter :(.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This thread is such a life savor. Good to see Pignite holding the battles down outside the rat lol. He beats Mijumaru since Mijumaru has more looses then wins while Pignite is dead even.

Grey Wind

I believe this should be stickied! xD
I didn't really say anything to Sushi about stickying it, but y'all can ask if you want :U

Just for fun I did battling strength.

Ash: 58 / 107 (54%)
Iris: 8 / 15 (53%)
Cilian: 12 / 19 (63%)

Anyone surprised?
Thanks for that, added it to the first post. Honestly, I'm a little surprised that Ash is so low. I thought he'd at least be higher than 60%.

Snivy only has 1 less win than Oshawott, and 3 losses less than Oshawott, on top of that the majority of her battles have been unresolved. From a battling perspective, she's doing much better than Oshawott.
Well one of Snivy's wins is a technicality. She was knocked out by Emboar, but her battle was won overall, just like Boldore's second battle was. Still, they're on pretty even footing and the writers seem to be trying to portray Snivy as strong, even if she loses quite a bit.

I've updated with the rivals by the way, and I might do Dawn after a while too, since she's reappearing.

Lorde

WAIT.

Before you call me a stan for Snivy, both Ash's Oshawott and Snivy are my favourite of his starters, so I don't favour either of them more than the other. It's obvious that Oshawott has been losing an awful lot.

I don't care if Oshawott has lost a lot. At least he's won more battles than Snivy. That's all that matters in my opinion.

I can't believe Pikachu has won 15 battles. People always complain that he loses a lot, but he has more victories than any of Ash's other Pokemon. Color me impressed.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I don't care if Oshawott has lost a lot. At least he's won more battles than Snivy. That's all that matters in my opinion.

I can't believe Pikachu has won 15 battles. People always complain that he loses a lot, but he has more victories than any of Ash's other Pokemon. Color me impressed.

That's irrelevant, Snivy does have a better win/loss ratio. Haha at Excadrill when it was a Drilbur too, impressed you counted that in there.

Haunter ゴースト

If that's how you want to look at it...

We each have different viewings of the matter, let's leave it at that :p

Agreed, im pleased that Pikachu seems powerful again.

I always find the first 20/30 episodes of each saga are quite painful to watch seeing Pikachu as weak as he is from the regional power reset.

An00bis

Wicked Witch

It's a bit of an illusion. We see Pikachu battle a lot more then the other Pokemon. We kind of get used to seeing him winning against extremely powerful opponents, and when he loses people get surprised because he's so experienced. You don't really think of it from a " Pikachu is a living breathing thing in the anime that makes mistakes " angle more then a " Pikachu is so strong I can't believe it lost to a Snivy " angle. His losses seem to mean more to people because there's less to justify them beyond anime logic.

Since people seem interested I'll do the battling strength for the main Pokemon, too:

[spoil]Ash:
Pikachu: 75%
Unfezant: 50%
Pignite: 47%
Oshawott: 47%
Snivy: 55%
Scraggy: 42%
Levanny: 67%
Palpitoad: 50%
Boldore: 67%
Krokorok: 38%

Iris:
Axew: 33%
Exacdrill: 50% (In Series. 96% including Pre-Series wins.)
Emolga: 100%

Cilian:
Pansage: 50%
Crustle: 89%
Stunfish: 0%

Top 3: Emolga, Pikachu, Crustle
Bottom 3: Stunfish, Axew, Krokorok [/spoil]

Rivals!

Bianca: 33% (On Screen. 45% otherwise.)
Trip: 54%
Burgundy: 0%
Georgia: 57%
Stephan: 71%

Interesting that Ash and Trip are even now.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Hey Valoo!

Good going on the rivals, but I spotted an error concerning Trip's Conkeldurr. You only mention it 'As Timburr' and then list the three battles it has had as Timburr, Gurdurr and Conkeldurr, but without calling them as such.

WAIT.

But... Snivy has only won once in a gym battle.. -.- Don't know, but to me, that matters.

Lorde

Bianca: 33% (On Screen. 45% otherwise.)
Trip: 54%
Burgundy: 0%
Georgia: 57%
Stephan: 71%

Interesting that Ash and Trip are even now.

I can't @ Bianca and Burgundy being below 50%. Couldn't they have given Burgundy at least one victory? She's supposed to be Cilan's rival, but her skills are never really shown. I hate that the writers are treating her like a joke. They better not ruin Bianca; I want her to slay the competition.

Haunter ゴースト

But... Snivy has only won once in a gym battle.. -.- Don't know, but to me, that matters.

Gym Battles are the only battles that count/seem important to you? Every battle that Valoo has listed is a battle, and as annoying as it may be that Snivy hasn't starred in a Gym, she's still doing very well.

If your familiar with Call of Duty and Halo, think of the Wins and Losses as a K/D ratio. Oshawott is -1, whilst Snivy is 1.

gohan5

Irisboy
I can't @ Bianca and Burgundy being below 50%. Couldn't they have given Burgundy at least one victory? She's supposed to be Cilan's rival, but her skills are never really shown. I hate that the writers are treating her like a joke. They better not ruin Bianca; I want her to slay the competition.

Agreed, I don't like that Burgundy is a complete joke and hasn't won anything. They could at least give her the illusion of getting better and have her win something. Although in her defense, Cilan did somewhat acknowledge her skills in the Clubsplosion when she was giving Iris a bit of trouble. It still ended in defeat but Cilan did seem surprised with the way Burgundy was able to use Dewott in that battle. Oh well, we'll see later on if she gets better.

Bianca has gotten better over time though, most recently shown in the Clubsplosion, though she lost in a pretty bad way ^^; But on the other hand she's obviously been getting better and apparently is good enough to be in this tournament.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
D;

I class all movies as canon, it's down to opinion I suppose then.

Although I won't deny how incredibly frustrating it is that two different versions of Movie 14 exist. It was a nice idea, but definetly shouldn't have happened -.-

Yes because an Oshawott colliding with an Emboar's Flare Blitz that causes Emboar to faint is soooo canon.xD

Haunter ゴースト

Yes because an Oshawott colliding with an Emboar's Flare Blitz that causes Emboar to faint is soooo canon.xD

Anime logic ftw :p

It seems unrealstic definetly, but every movie always seems to have an unrealstic battle. Pikachu defeated Golem, Pinsir and Venemoth all at once (not to mention Golem being immune) in MOV1, and Piplup was on par with Empoleon in MOV10.

I accept it. And it's also nice to think Ash's team are a lot stronger than they look.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I hate that the writers are treating her like a joke. They better not ruin Bianca; I want her to slay the competition.

Good female Trainers are few and far between in the anime.

It almost seems to make more sense to make Georgia Ash's Rival. At least she's a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.