• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes DA! Trainer Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
I've been reading all of the speculation regarding DA and what it has to offer this late in the Best Wishes series.

We know that, although a lot of people feel some were done wrongly, Best Wishes was a very battle-heavy saga.

My question is do you guys think that we will be getting lots of trainer battles in DA?

So far we have had the Marine Cup which was too brief to legitimately count. Also, we can speculate that Ash and Iris will have a battle at some point due to the DA poster.

What are your guys' thoughts?

If this thread is unnecessary, please close it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
There hasn't been any real trainer battles since the league. This is one of the reasons I don't like this series as a whole. It seems like the battles that used to be cool, the writers just stopped making them awesome like they used too.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
There hasn't been any real trainer battles since the league. This is one of the reasons I don't like this series as a whole. It seems like the battles that used to be cool, the writers just stopped making them awesome like they used too.

And when they do finally have a battle, it is called off, like how N did with Charizard VS Dragonite, which was an exciting match for me up until N killed the match for me.

Buechs44

Aipom Master

I agree 100%. I find myself watching battles from Sinnoh just to keep myself dedicated. The only battle of Best Wishes that I liked was Ash vs Skyla

Graham Aker

So far we have had the Marine Cup which was too brief to legitimately count. Also, we can speculate that Ash and Iris will have a battle at some point due to the DA poster.

It doesn't seem to be a battle honestly, just seems like it's going to just be a different varition to the Ash/Main girl aren't friends anymore episode..episode.

Buechs44

Aipom Master
It doesn't seem to be a battle honestly, just seems like it's going to just be a different varition to the Ash/Main girl aren't friends anymore episode..episode.

I seriously hope it is a battle. A 4 on 4 is just too much to hope for though....

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
We migth get some random ones but it doesn't seem we will get many.

We got the marine cup now which was a side story, we will probably get Iris vs Clair, Satoshi vs Iris, Gible migth come back so he migth get to battle also, Oshawott is battling this week, we probably will get some Kanto episodes since we see the old officers and nurses in the opening and we migth get something once there.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
We migth get some random ones but it doesn't seem we will get many.

We got the marine cup now which was a side story, we will probably get Iris vs Clair, Satoshi vs Iris, Gible migth come back so he migth get to battle also, Oshawott is battling this week, we probably will get some Kanto episodes since we see the old officers and nurses in the opening and we migth get something once there.

Doubt it as with the Kanto flashbacks with Chamander, Nurse Joy of Kanto has been redesigned.

WaterShuriken

The old designs of Joy and Jenny have been shown in the DA! Opening.

Yes but the Nurse Joy shown in the flash backs was redesigned. That has more weight than an opening that may have just been showing before-and-after shots.

Rokroad

Hot Drops
Yes but the Nurse Joy shown in the flash backs was redesigned. That has more weight than an opening that may have just been showing before-and-after shots.

I know. It was probably just the writers being lazy and stupid for using the new design in the Charmander flashback.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

I know. It was probably just the writers being lazy and stupid for using the new design in the Charmander flashback.

What? In the Charizard episode?

No. It was the pre-BW Nurse Joy.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Doubt it as with the Kanto flashbacks with Chamander, Nurse Joy of Kanto has been redesigned.

But the old one is in the opening, showing the diference between Isshu and Kanto and that they are going back to Kanto and we will see that version.

It was probably changed because they didn't decided it at that time or just an error basicly or else they wouldn't put the old one there, they are there for some reason, what possible explanation do you have for throwing random old nurse and officer?

WaterShuriken

Or they redesigned the old Nurse Joys.

What? In the Charizard episode?

No. It was the pre-BW Nurse Joy.

Watch it again.

But the old one is in the opening, showing the diference between Isshu and Kanto and that they are going back to Kanto and we will see that version.

It was probably changed because they didn't decided it at that time or just an error basicly.

Maybe but in the ending they had Misty in her old design and Brock with an Onix.

EDIT: As for trainer battles, I kinda hope they keep having tournaments on the ship even if they are short. At least it's something.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
The endign is a nostalgic thing, the opening has both nurses/officers Taidow, its not something random... the opening isn't an hymn to old characters and nostalgy like the ending, its an opening about the arc.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
No. Which is why Ash versus Iris better be glorious.

WaterShuriken

You first.

[img139]http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4186/138vh.jpg[/img139]

Oh cool. Okay. I was mistaken. I don't know why my mind was so certain she was redesigned.

EDIT: It was Liza who I was thinking off. Her redesigned made her look more witchy. I should have checked first. My bad.

Last edited:

Graham Aker

No. Which is why Ash versus Iris better be glorious.

If they battle, it looks like that episode is just going to be a straight up argument. Honestly, I think the only person Iris will be battling (unless something comes along and indicates otherwise) will be Clair. I think Cilan might be done battling, and as far as Ash goes...I dunno.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If they battle, it looks like that episode is just going to be a straight up argument. Honestly, I think the only person Iris will be battling (unless something comes along and indicates otherwise) will be Clair. I think Cilan might be done battling, and as far as Ash goes...I dunno.

I kinda mean after that episode, unless say Charizard and Dragonite or wtv pokemon they have, come out and starts taking their trainer said and the pokemon get into it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.