• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best wishes reflection... Opinions...

How would you rate bw as a whole?

• 1/5. Horrible. Hated it

Votes: 42 23.6%
  • 2/5 Had its moments but just wasn't there

Votes: 72 40.4%
  • 3/5. Satisfactory,

Votes: 33 18.5%
  • 4/5. Great! Loved how things played out

Votes: 26 14.6%
  • 5/5. Best series ever! Nothing bad to say.

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
As we look back to best wishes, we remember tournaments, gym battles, rival fights, and much more.

What id like to know is, compared to past sagas/regions, how do you think BW stacked up?

Use this thread to discuss your positives and negatives from best wishes.
*note this is not a BW bash thread, if your talking negatives explain your point well *

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I voted 5/5 because this will get a lot of 1's.

Derpfisk

King of the derps
I voted 3/5, without contests the fillers really did seem to get repetitive...
Funny enough I preferred the DA fillers over most of the regular season ones, way more entertaining
Ash's league performance was also a drag for me

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I voted 2/5. The first fifty episodes were good. It was only when the fourth gym came around and after that things really got bad. And it was more disappointing than actually being bad. There were just so many things that the writers could have done to make Best Wishes better than it was, and the first fifty episodes showed its potential. Unfortunately, that potential was unfulfilled, and things only got worse in Best Wishes Season 2 with the Junior Cup and the Unova League. Even Episode N, while not bad, could have been better, though that may have been due to the opening that showed Charizard intercepting an attack from Reshiram, showing a potential battle between the two that never materialized, or came close to happening. And, of course, Decalore Adventures makes it show that at least one of the issues with the Unova League, its short length, was completely unnecessary. So yeah, Unova did some things right, mainly in the beginning, but the ending of it, especially the League, were handled and executed terribly and that really brings down the score.

BlueDragonfangirl

1 / 5 For me, fillers were boring with or without Team Rocket in my opinion and what about that Trip and Iris? Trip was a poorly developed character and don't get me started with the league. I can't wait till this series ends :(

Colton S

Beware Bewear
2/5 because I loved the N saga, but the rest wasn't good. Especially Decolore Islands... (shudders)

Akuroma

The Doctor
4/5 because of the new formulas presented in BW and BW2 (Up until Episode N's climax, and maybe one or two of the DA! episodes). I loved the story build up for major Team Rocket plots. That was what kept me interested for the most part. The writers actually wrote way better in this series than in the AG or DP series (They actually were trying), but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

nuzamaki90

1/5 because I just didn't like it. The fact that fillers would air with the same exact plot of previous episodes of the saga ally killed it. The Axew getting lost episodes were just, bleh. I didn't like how Team Rocket were handled after the League, and was especially irritated that they weren't there to cheer Ash on at the league, but I think they would be disappointed by the way he battled in that last match. I didn't like how after the earthquake episodes, TP disappoeared into a void of darkness until the actual Best Wishes main story was over. The DA! Is the worst idea to ever come to the anime, and I especially didn't like how the League of all things was handled. No matter how bad a saga, you don't mess up the main thing everyone looks forward to.

And this saga is the worst saga Battling wise. Almost all battles were OHKO's and that's what really ruins it for me.

diakyu

I liked it. It was what I needed after DP (which while good, had some big problems for me). But since this looks like a ranking thread so I won't go to specific. Here we go-

AG (bias here, don't ask)>BW>DP>OS

How long until THIS thread devolves into BW bashing, I wonder? -_-

Not long I see.

@topic I rated it 4/5, but do remember that even my most faovrite saga : DP, won't get more than 4 from me when I am in a critical mood :p It could be 4 if I am generous :3

As for over all comparison.

To me (which obviously implies that it's a biased thing, don't eat me for it): DP>BW>AG>OS>Johto

I voted AG, OS and Johto low because I don't remember much and I haven't watched these sagas recently. So, I don't have the right to talk stuff about them. DP is something I watch everyday LOL (a few episodes at least).

Last edited:

Pokememes

I am the pokémaster!
1/5 because I just didn't like it. The fact that fillers would air with the same exact plot of previous episodes of the saga ally killed it. The Axew getting lost episodes were just, bleh. I didn't like how Team Rocket were handled after the League, and was especially irritated that they weren't there to cheer Ash on at the league, but I think they would be disappointed by the way he battled in that last match. I didn't like how after the earthquake episodes, TP disappoeared into a void of darkness until the actual Best Wishes main story was over. The DA! Is the worst idea to ever come to the anime, and I especially didn't like how the League of all things was handled. No matter how bad a saga, you don't mess up the main thing everyone looks forward to.

And this saga is the worst saga Battling wise. Almost all battles were OHKO's and that's what really ruins it for me.
Ah yes, iirc we didn't even get a proper 6-6 battle
My most hated part in all of bw was ash vs Roxie, while interesting to see, no way ash should be using 6-3 at the final gym!

Edit: wow I passed the 1K just noticed xD

I give it a 3.5/5. I thought it was more or less an average saga. Not my least favorite saga, or my favorite saga. It is overrated in terms of how "horrible" it was by the fandom, though, IMO. The only things that really dragged it down for me were the Unova League and Da! I generally thought the rest of BW was great: those two things are what brought it down for me.

My opinion about the series is in my signature.

Last edited:
I really liked it. Things like the league didn't Bother me to much as I didn't expect much from it in the first place.

However due to certain characters making a large number of episodes unwatchable i have to rate it the worst series

Squirtle_007

Cool, another BW-bashing thread (-_-), what difference it has?, oh yeah, now it has a poll so the bashing can be statistical too

I like that it has the guts to break the mold, that it was Ash's, Iris's and Cilan's journey instead of Ash's journey with his servants, each character treated individually and yet, interacting with each other no matter the goal everybody had

So yes, I'll rank BW as the best series so far

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
*Looks at poll, sees that 1/5 is winning* Wow @ the backfire. I'm actually really surprised that people think BW was that bad. I voted for 2/5: Had its moments but just wasn't there. I thought most aspects of BW needed improvement/could've been better, but there were a few things that I liked as I pointed out in the other BW thread (Oshawott, Burgundy, Iris and N being some of my favorite characters ever and therefore BW has won a place in my heart despite its flaws). I don't think any saga deserves a low score like BW is getting though.

Ke$ha

Banned
1/5 for me cuz I couldn't get into it at all. The fillers were just boring all most Johto era bad. And the characters weren't engaging either. I thought it was just a bad saga all around :(

I'm going to have to say it was a 4/5 for me. It's not the best series in my eyes. That would have to go to Kanto and Orange Islands. However, I did think it overall was a great saga and I loved how certain things played out. Some of my favorite things being Team Rocket's plots and Episode N, the personalities of some of the rivals were fun to watch every now and then. Yes, some of them could get annoying at times especially Bianca during certain episodes but when written well, they provide for some great moments. I thought the episodes focusing on Iris and her storyline were good, Cilan could be very entertaining at times despite his lack of development. The battles weren't DP level but they were far from bad. The personalities on some of the Pokémon like Oshawott, Krookodile, Emolga, Excadrill, Scraggy, and others were great. The show got away with using more villains of the day such as the thief from the recent Detective Cilan episode, Team Vanillish, and the Dream Thief. The tournaments were a great idea and provided for some great entertainment. Most of the fillers in BW were very well written and I liked that they didn't include TR all the time. The music and animation are fantastic.

The cons I have with this series that really have mostly to do with the development of some of the characters like Cilan and the rivals, the League being underwhelming, and the DA! saga in general. But those weren't enough to make this saga less than a 4 IMO. This was still a great season and I loved how many things played out. I can't put it at a 5 though because IMO it is not the best series. That will always go to Kanto and Orange Islands for me. Though I will give credit that Best Wishes did a few things better than Kanto such as the battles, the rivals appearing more consistently and giving Giovanni a much larger role, which Kanto and Orange Islands missed the opportunity to do as he didn't confront Ash until the Mewtwo Returns special in Johto.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I am unable to vote on this due to the fact that Adventures In Unova is the latest season coming to Australia.

Although if I was to rate with just BW and Rival Destinies, I'd say 4/5

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Considering that I think that any season of the anime wouldn't probably even make it to a 4/5 in my book, I'd probably give BW a 1/5 since I kinda found it to be one of the worse series as I couldn't really get behind most of the decisions made in the show. Of course, like just about every season, there were a few things that I did like buuuuuut I don't think they were enough to win my appreciation.

Reactions: Dax
Status
Not open for further replies.