• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Season 2 [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
And all evidence and logic points in the direction of the games, which are still the only source that has have ever shown or stated how a Champion loses their ranking. The only reason this argument has gotten so old is because people keep failing to realize this.

BUT every time a champion has lost there title in the games it has been in an official battle after the defeat of the Elite Four, once again i'll mention the battle with Cynthia does she instantaneously give you the title of Sinnoh Champion? no.

Last edited:

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
BUT every time a champion has lost there title in the games it has been in an official battle after the defeat of the Elite Four, once again i'll mention the battle with Cynthia does she instantaneously give you the title of Sinnoh Champion? no.

BUT that's because there's no other way to get to them in the games, where as in the anime it's been shown that random trainers can just walk up and challenge them wherever they may be.

And I'll mention again that Cynthia isn't labeled or stated to be a Champion in the BW games, she's simply a Trainer.

I think I've proved my point more than enough.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
If Ash ended up with a Samurott at the end of the entire Best Wishes saga, I will post a picture of myself dancing to Rick Astely. But I can't see it happening and feel that Oshawott is stricted to being a marketing pokemon though it could end up like Quilava...

I strongly feel that Ash will battle both Drayden and Shizui here, and that he should beat Shizui but lose to Drayden. Either Drayden or Cynthia imo would be acceptable losses for him, though if the gang do go to Opelucid City, Ash should either get a rematch against him or help train Iris to battle him to prove herself in her plotline.

It's a junior division? Well that explains no appearences from the likes of Lance and Steven Stone. Hopefully though we'll get more appearences from non unova trainers excluding Cynthia and Dawn.

The lack of Steven and Lance isn't because it's a junior division.. Otherwise we wouldn't have Cynthia either by ordinary logic.

As for Samurott, well, there's still idle hope. Infernape happened in 30 episodes, and that's roughly what we have left if BW lasts us a year or so more.

I agree with our ideas on Drayden. Ash could lose to him, and rematch him in Opelucid, but I feel that the rematch should be lower in importance then Iris' plotrelevance to Drayden at that point.

Importance of versing Drayden in Opelucid City:
- Iris > Ash

Sure, Ash could get a rematch, but I wouldn't want to see that cast a shadow on Iris' performance or plot. As I honestly still feel that there's a better constructed story there.

Who knows what will happen at the World Tournament, maybe someone will lose their title? We don't know.

And all evidence and logic points in the direction of the games, which are still the only source that has have ever shown or stated how a Champion loses their ranking. The only reason this argument has gotten so old is because people keep failing to realize this.

No, the reason why this argument has gotten so old is because you are the only one who is trying to keep on debating this and nobody else could give ten cents about it, while you keep on bringing this up, again and again, in a thread that's not even specifically geared towards that subject. In part, yes, but if you really wish to keep on dragging this particular topic on, then you best do it in that other thread.

DMerle

Guess who's back
BUT that's because there's no other way to get to them in the games, where as in the anime it's been shown that random trainers can just walk up and challenge them wherever they may be.

And I'll mention again that Cynthia isn't labeled or stated to be a Champion in the BW games, she's simply a Trainer.

I think I've proved my point more than enough.

The only person who believes your point is you, please i'm tired of it already - just give it up nobody cares anymore.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
No, the reason why this argument has gotten so old is because you are the only one who is trying to keep on debating this and nobody else could give ten cents about it, while you keep on bringing this up, again and again, in a thread that's not even specifically geared towards that subject. In part, yes, but if you really wish to keep on dragging this particular topic on, then you best do it in that other thread.

The only person who believes your point is you, please i'm tired of it already - just give it up nobody cares anymore.

People obviously care enough to keep throwing out these empty reasons as to why my point is wrong when it isn't hasn't yet been proven otherwise.

And my point is simply based off the fact that the games are the only thing that provide any type of evidence for this debate, so for the time being I'm still correct in my argument whether you want to believe it or not.

And this is still BW2 we're talking about here, so we're completely within the context of the thread.

Locormus

People obviously care enough to keep throwing out these empty reasons as to why my point is wrong when it isn't hasn't yet been proven otherwise.

And my point is simply based off the fact that the games are the only thing that provide any type of evidence for this debate, so for the time being I'm still correct in my argument whether you want to believe it or not.

And this is still BW2 we're talking about here, so we're completely within the context of the thread.

No, you are 'jacking' the thread. This thread is not solely for the World Cup, but you are not discussing BW2, you are discussing something that barely has anything to do with the World cup in fact. Yes, it is in BW2, but there is a specific thread for the World Cup Junior-crapargument you are trying to discuss/make.

DMerle and I both had enough with this topic, yet you are still endlessly trying to keep it going when both of us has explicitly stated to not continue any further.

Furosuto

Mr. Mime, while I will not pick sides in this argument, do you really believe then that if one of these trainers beat's Alder (Cynthia for example), that they will become champion of the region? Technically, that could mean that if anyone fought against the champion in an actual match, they could win.

Also, what if the matches are 3 on 3? Then it's technically not going all out, so won't become champ.

And keep in mind that this is the world tournament, not the unova league championship. They are two different things right? It's like everyone is competing in this (including champs and other high ranking trainers), but the actual league is what determines the champ.

DMerle

Guess who's back
Mr. Mime, while I will not pick sides in this argument, do you really believe then that if one of these trainers beat's Alder (Cynthia for example), that they will become champion of the region? Technically, that could mean that if anyone fought against the champion in an actual match, they could win.

Also, what if the matches are 3 on 3? Then it's technically not going all out, so won't become champ.

And keep in mind that this is the world tournament, not the unova league championship. They are two different things right? It's like everyone is competing in this (including champs and other high ranking trainers), but the actual league is what determines the champ.

By mime's logic everybody who defeated Brock or Cilan in the anime is entitled to the gym badge.

But anyways that's the last time i'm answering anything to even do with this topic, i've already started ignoring his posts about it.

Does anyone reckon we'll get loads of evolutions crammed in BW2 kind of like we did in the second half of DP?

Last edited:

Furosuto

I can see it happening. Most likely his snivy will evolve into a servine, and I'm putting my money on that when Ash fights the water gym leader (shusui?), his oshawott will evolve.

I don't know if boldore might evolve, but for all we know, a trainer could be shown in one episode in a major predicament where he needs to trade his pokemon so it can evolve. Ash, being the nice boy he is, offers the trade and says they can trade back and gets a gigalith.

Then palpitaod could evolve as well, seeing as it's his powerhouse figure. Although we still don't know if it will evolve in the finale for season one or not......

And emboar I could possibly see evolving during the world tournament in a tough battle to help it win. Either that or it evolves and then loses still cause it could be against some OP guy like Tobias.

I doubt that Snivy will go into it's final stage, but maybe during the league Oshawott will fight against drayden or something and win.

Locormus

Well, there's not a full load of anything we could get.

DP latter half had:
- Monferno
- Torterra
- Infernape
- Quilava
And the capture of Gible.

Anything prior to Snowpoint I wouldn't call late DP.

If we take that number for BW2:
- Capture of Shiny Onix?
- Dewott
- Seismitoad
- Emboar
- Scrafty?
- If not Shiny Onix, then Samurott/Servine

Yes, no Krookodile for Ash in this prediction.

Full line up:
- Pikachu
- Unfezant
- Dewott/Samurott
- Emboar
- Snivy/Servine
- Scrafty?
- Leavanny
- Seismitoad
- Boldore
- Krokorok
- Shiny Onix?

If Shiny Onix doesn't happen, I'd want to see Dewott or Snivy evolve, and if Scraggy doesn't evolve, then both of the former.

DMerle

Guess who's back
- Capture of Shiny Onix?
- Dewott
- Seismitoad
- Emboar
- Scrafty?

I like that, would also prefer Servine far more than Onix.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
No, you are 'jacking' the thread. This thread is not solely for the World Cup, but you are not discussing BW2, you are discussing something that barely has anything to do with the World cup in fact. Yes, it is in BW2, but there is a specific thread for the World Cup Junior-crapargument you are trying to discuss/make.

DMerle and I both had enough with this topic, yet you are still endlessly trying to keep it going when both of us has explicitly stated to not continue any further.

I'm not 'jacking' anything, I'm simply discussing my views on the matter.

I haven't done anything wrong and the subject is completely within the context of the thread, you guys are the ones that keep debating with me without providing any plausible reasons as to why my views are wrong, so who's really keeping this going? And you're arguments are simply weak and trying to mini mod me out of the thread isn't going to make them any stronger. Feel free to ignore me, but my point still stands.

My opinion is the same one I've been trying to get across this whole time: Whoever beats the Champion becomes the Champion.

That's how it works in the games and it's the only basis we have for how Champions lose their titles. You're free to think whatever you want, but this is the only evidence we have for now. And it's already been shown that anybody can walk up and challenge the Champions in the anime despite the requirements you need to challenge them in the games.

By mime's logic everybody who defeated Brock or Cilan in the anime is entitled to the gym badge.

But anyways that's the last time i'm answering anything to even do with this topic, i've already started ignoring him.

Your description of "my logic" is totally incorrect.

I guess that's why you were having such a hard time grasping my point and kept dragging this argument out for so long with empty defenses.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Well, there's not a full load of anything we could get.

DP latter half had:
- Monferno
- Torterra
- Infernape
- Quilava
And the capture of Gible.

Anything prior to Snowpoint I wouldn't call late DP.

- Capture of Shiny Onix?
- Dewott
- Seismitoad
- Emboar
- Scrafty?

Yes, no Krookodile for Ash in this prediction.

Full line up:
- Pikachu
- Unfezant
- Dewott/Samurott
- Emboar
- Snivy/Servine
- Scrafty?
- Leavanny
- Seismitoad
- Boldore
- Krokorok
- Shiny Onix?

If Shiny Onix doesn't happen, I'd want to see Dewott or Snivy evolve, and if Scraggy doesn't evolve, then both of the former.

I'd personally be more inclined to expect these changes:

Seismitoad
Onix
Servine
Emboar
Steelix

..which would eventually give us the following:

Pikachu
Unfezant
Oshawott
Emboar
Servine
Scraggy
Leavanny
Seismitoad
Boldore
Krokorok
Steelix

2 unevolved (Oshawott, Scraggy)
5 fully evolved (Unfezant, Emboar, Leavanny, Seismitoad, Steelix)
4 other (Pikachu, Servine, Boldore, Krokorok)

But hey, this isn't the Next Pokemon Thread..

G50

No longer posting
One person who I hope defeats Alder: Drayden. It would make me incredibly happy.

He may have to get through Cynthia first to face him, and I don't think he'll defeat her.

Drayden vs Alder would be cool to see though.

DMerle

Guess who's back
He may have to get through Cynthia first to face him, and I don't think he'll defeat her.

Drayden vs Alder would be cool to see though.

As much as i'd like to see Drayden in the world tournament I doubt he has the skills to defeat either Cynthia or Alder, though I'd like to see him go far in it.

As much as i'd like to see Drayden in the world tournament I doubt he has the skills to defeat either Cynthia or Alder, though I'd like to see him go far in it.

that depends on what he is in the new games. if he does become champion/elite four member like some are suggesting then I could see him go toe to toe with a champion

DMerle

Guess who's back
that depends on what he is in the new games. if he does become champion/elite four member like some are suggesting then I could see him go toe to toe with a champion

It'd be an interesting idea, something along the path of him temporarily closing his gym to enter the world tournament but after ranking extremely high and defeating many powerful opponents Alder notices his skills and subsequently offers him a placement on the Elite Four. There is one flaw with this though it would mean that one existing member at the least would be replaced and although it's a 1 in 4 chance there's still a chance it might take out Grimsley.

G50

No longer posting
It'd be an interesting idea, something along the path of him temporarily closing his gym to enter the world tournament but after ranking extremely high and defeating many powerful opponents Alder notices his skills and subsequently offers him a placement on the Elite Four. There is one flaw with this though it would mean that one existing member at the least would be replaced and although it's a 1 in 4 chance there's still a chance it might take out Grimsley.

or maybe he defeats Alder and Cynthia and is offered to become the new champion because of his skills.

Not going to happen, but would be cool.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Most pokemon in the poster(manly the ones upfront) have been confirmed to appear, so yeah Eevee migth eventually appear just like Corpshi and Rioulo, we also know Shirona has a Glaceon maybe the "Eevee" appears in that episode.

I was just wondering because half of the team roster speculation posts in the Next Pokemon thread seem to contain an Eevee. I mean it's one thing to think that Ash will capture an Onix that has been revealed to debut soon, but a whole different thing to think that he's going to capture an Eevee that doesn't have a confirmed debut episode yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.