• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Season 2 [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I think everyone still expected Dawn to appear, and in Eastern Unova, which is where we are now.
And I remember constantly saying that Dawn could still appear in Eastern Unova as there was old pokemon there. But you said she wouldn't appear because there were no contests and it was a fresh start with no old characters except Delia and Oak. There is nothing stopping Brock or other old characters, in fact, with BW2, they are even more likely to appear because they are in BW2 games.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
If Dawn can come back and not do anything except be annoying with Iris, then Brock also has a chance to come back and not do anything except be annoying with Cilan.

vodor

Banned
Suck's !
Thing that I wanted didn't happen and thing I didn't wanted happen.
I was so excited about Ash having a Samuwott or Riolu but none of they came though .

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
It's certain that Hikari/Dawn isn't going to make a cameo in Isshu/Unova. Neither is Brock, May, etc. Older characters isn't going to even mentioned at all in Unova.

You and the 99,9% of the fans knew that Dawn and anybody (except Looker) is going to make a cameo in Unova. All of this is very true, true.

All of this are true for BEST WISHES SERIES. Not BW2 series. The key reason because the writers identify season 2 if it's going to be a new saga is because BW1 had obvious limitations. And i'm going to resume some of these:

The only characters that can appear from older sagas are Ash, Ash's Pikachu, Jessie, James, Meowth, and her direct relatives (Delia, Oak, Giovanni). Nothing more.
The only Pokemon who can appear are Pikachu and Meowth. The rest are only Unova Pokemon.
The goals that Ash had obtained in previous sagas can't be mentioned. Only it is mentioned very barely in BW001 for the viewer setting the character.
The series is treated if it's going to be Ash's first saga. (for example, if now Ash mentions that he participated in four leagues to Trip/Bianca/Stephan they will be shocked).

In Season 2 all of this is broken. I don't think that all past characters are appearing in the saga, but I think that more older character cameos will happen. Past characters that may appears in season 2 are Brock, Gary, May, Misty, Paul (yes, for all we known he makes sense to enter the Unova League).

And, last. I think that if for some reason (highly unlikely Dawn won't leave at the end of Junior Cup. I don't think that the rest of her Pokemon are being showcased. If anyone hope of episodes for the rest of the team after the Junir Cup, I think that it won't happen.

If for some weird reason Dawn is recurring or main character, she'll probably reset her team except Piplup(obvious) and probably Buneary (BW2 promotion). The rest are going to be Unova 2 Pokemon.

Last edited:

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
If Dawn can come back and not do anything except be annoying with Iris, then Brock also has a chance to come back and not do anything except be annoying with Cilan.

Lol she was funny for the first time in her character lifetime(ok maybe I'm exagerating), wasn't annoying to me, I was whining when she came(because of her fans) but I enjoyed her stay, they would probably be chit chating and congratulating each other cooking nothing else.

pokemon fan 132

Well I guess its safe to say Dawn will be the only old character returning this saga. I don't think we're going to see Brock now, that's probably what the two flashbacks were for.

Except its not safe to say at all. I remember you said same thing about Dawn cameo and how that DP special was way "to wrap up character never to appear again", and she still returned.
Basing something on past patterns doesn't hold much relevance if those same patterns are constantly being break down by writers, changing direction in which series are going.
We don't know if other older characters like Brock, Misty, May etc are going to return in future.

Judging by BW2 games Nintendo and Game freak always finds way to include previous characters in(even those from first generation) , there are left unfinished things in their stories having room to do much more and i could see writers deciding to capitalize on their popularity again.

Right now Brock and Misty has biggest chance to return after Unova league, First reason is fact that they are present in BW2 games having marketing value and justification to be used. From story standpoint this is perfect opportunity to develop more Misty character since through World tournaments she could advance goal of becoming water master.

Brock is less suitable candidate for tournaments and battles not lying in domain of his activities, that's true. However since he didn't got regional cameo and is in new games he could return for some doctor convention or field work doing research about new Unova pokemon which would help in future studies.

And no, long absence doesn't mean anything. Jessibelle was of show for 11 years just to return later on in Sinnoh, Jasmine was old Johto gym leader which returned after 9 years, same applies to Gary who was absent for whole Hoenn etc.

Granted that doesn't mean older characters will return either, but chance will always exist.

IcySealeo

I think that BW2 won't be as long as most of us think. With the Junior Cup ending in a few weeks, Dawn's leaving too, and now that we know when the TR plot will start, I guess that all the special events that the writers shown us to makes us watch the series are now coming to an end, and I think that we are also getting to the end of BW2. Unless there's another special event that the writers have yet to reveal.

Janovy

Banned
I think that BW2 won't be as long as most of us think. With the Junior Cup ending in a few weeks, Dawn's leaving too, and now that we know when the TR plot will start, I guess that all the special events that the writers shown us to makes us watch the series are now coming to an end, and I think that we are also getting to the end of BW2. Unless there's another special event that the writers have yet to reveal.
A "filler" saga is highly likely.

Also, I don't see why they would introduce Best Wishes 2 if they were planning on ending it just after a few episodes. And since I don't see gen 6 making its debut until fall next year (which is when we'll already know the 6th Pokémon in Genesect movie), I'm very convinced that there will be more to Best Wishes 2. Either that, or Best Wishes 2 was really meant to be short and we'll get a new title for the "filler" saga, a.k.a. Battle Frontier, with a new OP and stuff.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I was gonna make a new thread but I'd thought it'd be better to ask here:

How long of an episode gap are you expecting from Homika's Gym to the Unova League?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash

How long of an episode gap are you expecting from Homika's Gym to the Unova League?

Let's see... Meloetta's episode is in BWS2-012. If this is the prologue to the Team Rocket scheme, that I think will last 2-3 episodes, 2 fillers and maybe the League's beginning, I think the gap is... 16-17 episodes, more or less.

LizardonX

Banned

They have to hold out until gen 6 premiers, so probably 30 or so, then a 7-8 ep league and gen 6 right afterwards.

Bell56

The One and Only
They have to hold out until gen 6 premiers, so probably 30 or so, then a 7-8 ep league and gen 6 right afterwards.

Except that BWS2 began right after that gym and that would mean there would be less than 40 episodes in the saga. It makes no sense for them to have created an entire new saga that is not even half as long as BW was. The only saga that was that short was OI, the battle frontier was almost 60 episodes and that was attached to Hoenn which was over 130 episodes (BW was only 85). I am going to guess that BWS2 will last at least 60 episodes probably closer to 80. I mean DP was almost 200 episodes, AG was 190 and Johto was 157. There is no way they are going back to the Kanto/OI length of less than 120. So if we get 80 in BWS2 then gen 5 will last 165 episodes, which is a steep drop from the last two gens but not as quick as the OS.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Except that BWS2 began right after that gym and that would mean there would be less than 40 episodes in the saga. It makes no sense for them to have created an entire new saga that is not even half as long as BW was. The only saga that was that short was OI, the battle frontier was almost 60 episodes and that was attached to Hoenn which was over 130 episodes (BW was only 85). I am going to guess that BWS2 will last at least 60 episodes probably closer to 80. I mean DP was almost 200 episodes, AG was 190 and Johto was 157. There is no way they are going back to the Kanto/OI length of less than 120. So if we get 80 in BWS2 then gen 5 will last 165 episodes, which is a steep drop from the last two gens but not as quick as the OS.

But its a 3-year series. Even though someone from the Dub said it, I'd doubt he'd just make that statement. I mean they got footage from an episode that hadn't debuted even in Japan yet to use in their Dub Opening, I'm pretty sure he has some intel about the series, which gives them a general idea on how to manage the dubbed series. So that means we have until Fall 2013, however many episodes that is from BW2-012 to then. I don't get why they can't have a 100-110 Episode Saga & then a 30ish episode filler saga, its still longer than the Indigo Saga but shorter than the Sinnoh Saga, AG Series, & Johto Saga.

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
Don't know if this is the right place to discuss this but, has any one else noticed the similarities this series has with OS (Indigo League)?

What I peeped is recently that unlike Johto, Hoeen, and Sinnoh Ash and co. have a place to stay just like they did back in the Indigo League.
Another thing is that the league isnt happening almost immediately after Ash gets his badges like before because this time around like in Kanto, he wasn't held back by waiting for his companion to do contest or grand festivals
I also peeped that BW ended with 83 episodes the same amount the Indigo League did.
Just random thinking, don't know if this is already known or if it belongs here, sorry if it's irrelevant :(

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Don't know if this is the right place to discuss this but, has any one else noticed the similarities this series has with OS (Indigo League)?

What I peeped is recently that unlike Johto, Hoeen, and Sinnoh Ash and co. have a place to stay just like they did back in the Indigo League.
Another thing is that the league isnt happening almost immediately after Ash gets his badges like before because this time around like in Kanto, he wasn't held back by waiting for his companion to do contest or grand festivals
I also peeped that BW ended with 83 episodes the same amount the Indigo League did.
Just random thinking, don't know if this is already known or if it belongs here, sorry if it's irrelevant :(

However Kanto ended with the league done, BW didn't.

Likewise there still is no other full fledged quest going on here. Ash is just taking a detour to a Junior Cup and meeting characters, but he's still heading to the league.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
If the League is after the TR-plot, I think that Season 2 is pointless.
I'm expecting battles against Drayden or Marlon (Not in BWII10). Why? Because the Homika battle.
Ash won losing to Roxie. (Remember that 6 vs 3). The Roxie officially proves that Ash is going to do well in the League, specially the reserves. The only Pokemon that it's in level of enter of the League are two: Pikachu and Krokodile. Why? The proves. The reserve are getting masacred in a Gym, Scraggy is a baby and Oshawott and Snivy hasn't battled for a long time. If Trip Serperior sweeps Ash's Pignite less than two months before the League and with a TR plot coming, something weirds I can happen. If that happens, I'm 80% certain that the League is getting delayed. And I'm going to predict that Ash is going to have a punishment of two badges. What does it get with his punish? Because then, Ash is officially changelling Drayden and Marlon* . You know that Ash is the representative of game character in the games. In BW, the only one. Makes sense that Ash is getting punished with two badges. Because when Ash earned those, Ash has all the BW badges and all the BW2 badges. When Ash is getting repaired from that punishment, the League is delayed, Ash was training (although on-screen don't appear often) and Ash is more powerful. The objective? Three, continue promoting Isshu/Unova, promoting the Gym Leaders of the sequels and extend the Unova until Fall 2013. And, by then, Gen VI may happen. If the games won't go for some reason, they always have the option of getting a filler saga. Makes kore sense get a filler saga when a game isn't releasing than when a game is recently released. Makes more sense a 30-episode filler saga in Fall 2013 than in December 2012. Why? Because in the first case, I think that BW2 has getting the effect in anime: Season 2.

*I can see a Roxie rematch. I can't see a Gym battloe with Cheren because canon issues. And finally, I can see soon CIlan dropping the Gym Leader position representng that in the sequels he oisn't Gym Leader anymore.

dagz.zn

dont worry, i see a Riolu in an upcoming episode so maybe Ash will catch 1 and probably more of Ash's pokemon will start evolving after the tornament.

dont worry, i see a Riolu in an upcoming episode so maybe Ash will catch 1 and probably more of Ash's pokemon will start evolving after the tornament.

the Riolu almost certainly belongs to Kotetsu

Status
Not open for further replies.