• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Season 2 [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
trip doesn't have 8 badges until the story reveals he has 8. he could easily face drayden

Correct. Until now, the fact that Trip, Bianca and Stephan have the 8 badges isn't confirmed. For all we know Trip can have 7 badges now.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

What? And you say you guyz watch anime? Ash has got all his badges and you are waiting for confirmation whether trip,the main rival,has got them or not? Keep waiting then...xD. And my opinion is after Iris,ash will face draydon. And some people are hoping for trip,georgia(and some are hoping bianca...xD LOl) to come and battle draydon.we will see what happens.:-x

honestly I'm thinking the only person to face Drayden will be Iris. Ash isn't facing Shizui so I don't see him facing Drayden

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
I cannot see Trip having a Haxorus. Not because it's too powerful for him, but because Iris has a Axew and one day, probably not during the anime's run she'll have a Haxorus and it'll be her signature Pokémon. Meanwhile Drayden has a Haxorus and for now it'll be associated with him instead of Iris.

Trip doesn't need a Dragon Type, after all he has Serperior who can injure Dragons with Dragon Tail.

Not hating just being realistic.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I was thinking that could it be possible that Georgia maybe either know Drayden personally or is actually related to him. I mean why would a random trainer like Georgia would suddenly start looking for Iris and then suddenly starts to challenge her to battles and then declares herself as Iris's rival (BW-36).

I would have been ok if Iris was actually someone famous to get challenged like that by Georgia. But she isn't and that does seem to be a bit random to me.

Maybe Drayden or that Old Granny are the ones who sent Georgia after her in order to help her mature and develop as a Dragon Master, as well as test Georgia's resolve in being a Dragon Buster.

If this turns out to be true, then it could turn out to be an interesting story when Drayden finally makes his real appearance.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Correct. Until now, the fact that Trip, Bianca and Stephan have the 8 badges isn't confirmed. For all we know Trip can have 7 badges now.

So? Seven badges is atleast closer than five or four. What they could do to spice things up is to have Trip challenge Drayden since Ash might not do it to make up for his eighth badge. That could give him and Iris some good attention.

So? Seven badges is atleast closer than five or four. What they could do to spice things up is to have Trip challenge Drayden since Ash might not do it to make up for his eighth badge. That could give him and Iris some good attention.

that's what we were discussing and I think its a brilliant idea. Ash isn't likely to challange him so Trip is next best choice. That way we get a really decent gym battle plus whatever happens with Iris

Pokeshippers

AAML Livin The Dream
I was thinking that could it be possible that Georgia maybe either know Drayden personally or is actually related to him. I mean why would a random trainer like Georgia would suddenly start looking for Iris and then suddenly starts to challenge her to battles and then declares herself as Iris's rival (BW-36).

I would have been ok if Iris was actually someone famous to get challenged like that by Georgia. But she isn't and that does seem to be a bit random to me.

Maybe Drayden or that Old Granny are the ones who sent Georgia after her in order to help her mature and develop as a Dragon Master, as well as test Georgia's resolve in being a Dragon Buster.

If this turns out to be true, then it could turn out to be an interesting story when Drayden finally makes his real appearance.

That doesn't sound too bad actually, that would be quite a fun twist.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I think Trip has already acquired his share of 8 gym badges. Thats because it is a standard for Ash's main rival to collect the 8 badges before Ash collects his 8 badges. Maybe it would be either Stephan or Burgundy who challenge Drayden's gym in-front of Ash.

We have already seen Bianca challenge a gym, and like i said by now Trip most likely already has his 8 badges. As for Burgundy, well we already know that she got the Trio Badge by defeating Pod, so most likely she is going to collect the other 7 and enter the League. Now only Stephan is the one whom we have no info whether he is challenging the gyms presently or not.

Well there are also other trainers like Emmy, Katharine and Suwama who would most like take part in the league, but showcasing a gym battle for them is out of question.

We have always seen the main rival challange a gym. It would be nice to see Trip carry on the tradition and face Drayden.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
We have always seen the main rival challange a gym. It would be nice to see Trip carry on the tradition and face Drayden.

I am not sure whether its a tradition or not, because even-though we (as the viewers) saw Gary challenging the Viridian Gym (i.e., Giovanni), but Ash didn't get to see the match.
The only rival battles he had seen till now would be Paul's battle against Roark and Bianca's battle against Elesa. Adding to the list would be Kotetsu battle against Marlon in BWS2-10.

I am not sure whether its a tradition or not, because even-though we (as the viewers) saw Gary challenging the Viridian Gym (i.e., Giovanni), but Ash didn't get to see the match.
The only rival battles he had seen till now would be Paul's battle against Roark and Bianca's battle against Elesa. Adding to the list would be Kotetsu battle against Marlon in BWS2-10.

that's why I said we have seen and not Ash has seen.

I know its not something the writers consciously made into a recurring pattern it was just something I noticed and thought it would be cool to see Trip carry it on and a good way to show Drayden off

Can Bianca be considered main rival? She is (now) strong and all but there is no tension between her and Ash. And I think a serious rivalry needs some tension between characters. Barry was more of a rival than her.

DMerle

Guess who's back

That would be a really interesting battle to see.

Can Bianca be considered main rival? She is (now) strong and all but there is no tension between her and Ash. And I think a serious rivalry needs some tension between characters. Barry was more of a rival than her.

She's not the 'main' rival, but she's probably a bigger rival figure than Barry ever was.

She's not the 'main' rival, but she's probably a bigger rival figure than Barry ever was.

L@S considered her main rival so I was asking him. I think Bianca and Barry are just equal. Barry at least considered Ash a rival, can you say same about Bianca?

@Ace detective: There is no pattern here. It has only happened two times in the past. Too little in number to be considered a pattern.

Last edited:

ConUxie223

Kalos Trap Queen
@ConUxie223: I think you hate Ash.Thats why you are biasing now.Trip is ash's main rival.Its impossible that he has not got 8 badges yet. And in case georgia,we will see what happens when that episode comes. I wonder if she will even appear or not,at the time of draydon episodes.Writers usually disappoint us.you know that very well... xD
What? I hate Ash because I rather see Georgia a Dragon Buster fight Drayden over him? I really dont Ash to battle Drayden for the simple fact that it would be irrelevant for Ash to battle him other than to battle which, I think would be pointless and stupid, to take the focus off of Iris to give it to someone who constantly gets focus Ash.
What? And you say you guyz watch anime? Ash has got all his badges and you are waiting for confirmation whether trip,the main rival,has got them or not? Keep waiting then...xD. And my opinion is after Iris,ash will face draydon. And some people are hoping for trip,georgia(and some are hoping bianca...xD LOl) to come and battle draydon.we will see what happens.:-x
Um, have you watched the anime because if you have you would know making assumptions that a character has something and they dont is pretty silly without confimation, we have no idea if Trip went to the WTJC with 7 badges or 8 so yes, i will wait til the league or it is confirmed otherwise that he has 8 badges, and yeah, YOU think Ash should be the next person after Iris to battle Drayden. I dont think that would be a good move for the writers when Georgia would be my 2nd choice, and any of Ash's rivals who in need of a badge. So no, I dont hate Ash I just dont want this "suspected arc" to be predictable and have Ash steal the spotlight from one of his friends, yet again.
The problem about the League happening now is because the League is the climax of a story. The League is purposely situated in the end of a region for a reason.

When the League ends, Ash has no reason to staying in Unova. The only reason staying in Unova is for give closure to Iris/Cilan story. If anything a tournament (I see Ash winning, of course), nothing more.

The most important reason to believe that the League isn't happening is why in the series is happening:
1) The Season 2 has only 2 months and 8 episodes. Season 2 likely aren't going to be only 25 episodes.
2) The references of the League suspectedly apperars very rarely. You'll find very suspect that none of the summarys of the two episodes after the JC didn't mention the League. This is pretty abnormal.
3) The fact that we know what time last until the league but not where. The other time that's Ash goes to the league Ash is informed with the time where is happening the League. And the Junior Cup isn't a excuse.
4) When Ash gets the 8 badges Ash lose. Yes. Ash lose against Homika. Technically he win but with a unfair advantage. And Cynthia, the Sinnoh Champion isn't going to inform if happen that Ash can't go to the league. Seriously, cpuld you think that Ash can win aginst Trip if Ash suffers with a Gym Leaders, something that has a inferior level to the League participants? The recent lose against Trip is n't a good sign either. The exception is that battle is Pikachu, clearly his strongest pokemon.
5) But Ash wins against Dragonite. First, Dragonite is out of the control and second, Ash was using Krokorok that aren't one of the participants in that 6 vs 3.
6) This is minor, but the three months until the league isn't happening NOW. The three months until the league ends in theory in the Nursery episode. But because of breaks I absten of that.
7) Related to 4). For the first time in the Pokemon's franchise, the games promoted 10 badges but only 8 are required for enter the League. And the writers of course could wanted to promote all Gym leaders with battles with the anime representant (read: Ash). This is important because of this, why do you think that Ash is going to battle all of Stration Trio? But the only option is with a official punish from the League happened, something that can happen now than ever because now makes sense. And the possible cause is going to be 4).
8) The rivalry of Georgia and Burgundy aren't closed anymore.
9) And the most important. If the league starts in October, the league is ending in December of this year. And Ash is going to stay in Unova until September 2013 or something because training. The writers can't put Ash without a goal for more than 5-6 episodes. In resume, Ash must do something until the 6th games happened. Yes. the new games aren't releasing until end of August 2013 at the earliest. I don't thin that BW last 190 episodes or so, but I can that he can last 140-170 episodes. And the games could release in 2014, probably not in January but can be in Spring 2014, for example. And the Gen V method of showing Pokemon isn't the only method. Although i can't think convenient that Gamefreak didn't want promothing new pokemon 2 years before the release. But you remember that DP was announced in 2004 with release 2005, not September 2006.
10) Something interesting. I can't see Iris leaving unova with Ash because the roles that has in the sequels. That's Iris is Champion in the games has already having effect in the anime. Only because that Iris caught Dragonite, and that Dragonite has a Champion-level, surpassing any of Ash's Pokemon. And Ash only win against it because he was in a rampage. That's explain why Iris admires Cynthia. And why Iris challenges Cynthia in their first place. And I can think that a team of Dragonite, Haxorus, Excadrill and three more is Champion-worthy. I think that when the anime staff knew that Iris is Champion would be shocked. And I don't think that the anime put Iris in the anime if they know that could be Champion later.

You did a really nice job on this :) And now I think the league might happen sooner than I originally thought. But the thing about Iris being champion level through me off a little, how is she at champion level when she only has a Dragonite? And that Dragonite lost Ash's Krokodile to boot, I dont think he's Champion level per se I believe he's about as strong as Ash's Charzaird in OI.

Janovy

Banned
I'm honestly curious about what follows.

- Junior Cup ends tomorrow.
- Dawn is leaving tomorrow.
- Team Rocket's greatest plot in history begins/ends in a few episodes.

Then what? That's what they pretty much promoted Season 2 for. All we have left is the Drayden arc and the League. Will we now get a long stretch of episodes before the League? Or will the League happen now followed by another arc that will lead into gen 6?

I'm honestly curious about what follows.

- Junior Cup ends tomorrow.
- Dawn is leaving tomorrow.
- Team Rocket's greatest plot in history begins/ends in a few episodes.

Then what? That's what they pretty much promoted Season 2 for. All we have left is the Drayden arc and the League. Will we now get a long stretch of episodes before the League? Or will the League happen now followed by another arc that will lead into gen 6?

my guess is a couple of episodes heading to opelucid, maybe passing dragonspiral tower. an episode where Iris challanges drayden then another episode or 2 until the league

Status
Not open for further replies.