• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Season 2 [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
possible filler saga companion or rival maybe? although I would hate if they replaced cilan and iris so rival would be better

Honestly, even though I like Cilan, I wouldn't mind if he left so a new character could enter.

Anyway, as I said, it depends of what the new games will bring. If they use the same players characters, we'll see outfits updates. If there are new ones, I think it's likely we get some new blood.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I agree with you but there are a lot of people here who want hoenn.remakes. and there gonna jump on any little thing they can use as evidence

It doesn't make sense though. The only valid example I can give is that the Black & White games are set several years from DPPt, It's possible that it might be at the very least 10 years, so having Hoenn in there would mean that the rivals, gym leaders, Champion, Battle Frontier, & Elite 4 would need to be aged by that much. I doubt they would leave them the same age, & it just wouldn't feel right if everyone was aged roughly 10 years. The Possible Ruby & Sapphire Remakes should be there own game.

Haunter ゴースト

But clearly there is red and blue patterns in the logo and the only logical conclusion we can derive from that is that these games are Ruby and Sapphire.

Trololololol.

I agree with you but there are a lot of people here who want hoenn.remakes. and there gonna jump on any little thing they can use as evidence

Despite me saying what I said a few posts back I agree with this.

I think it's fairly obvious these are going to be sequels, set in the same region of the previous game, Unova.

If it was a different region, it wouldn't make sense to be a sequel, especially when the idea of r/s/e remakes were on the line.

Honestly, even though I like Cilan, I wouldn't mind if he left so a new character could enter.

Anyway, as I said, it depends of what the new games will bring. If they use the same players characters, we'll see outfits updates. If there are new ones, I think it's likely we get some new blood.

I still think new rival would be better. maybe introduced as an opponent of ashs in the league then going into recurring in the filler. or same scenario but have the character replace iris (while I like both I would rather iris leave over cilan )

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Not the color but the gem-like appearance that they deliberately wanted to portray on it.

Maybe those are the "gems" necessary to cause the fusion or defusion between them.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I still think new rival would be better. maybe introduced as an opponent of ashs in the league then going into recurring in the filler. or same scenario but have the character replace iris (while I like both I would rather iris leave over cilan )

I don't see Iris going anywhere. I can still see some potential in her for some stories BESIDES Opelucid Gym.

As for Cilan, he doesn't have anything going for him which makes a likely candidate IF the writers plans in making replacements.

But another option would be increasing the "family" by adding a new character.

I don't see Iris going anywhere. I can still see some potential in her for some stories BESIDES Opelucid Gym.

As for Cilan, he doesn't have anything going for him which makes a likely candidate IF the writers plans in making replacements.

But another option would be increasing the "family" by adding a new character.

only problem I have with that is if you have 4 characters with pokemon all wanting to do stuff we run the risk of turning one of them into another Brock. really hoping if a new protagonist is introduced in the games he/she's a rival in the anime

Schade

Metallic Wonder
OR!!!!! It is because of their Fire and Electric Typing. Food for thought.

I don't really want anyone replaced for a filler saga o_O Dento and Iris still feel new at this point. I think if either Dento or Iris left it would throw off the balance...

which is why any potential new character introduced because of those ganes should be a rival/recurring character

Thinking strategically, if they will release 3rd gen remakes separately then it will just delay the inevitable 6th gen 3DS game. Which is sort of overdue by 2013. Furthermore, they can get a twofer by combining the third version and remake in one game.

Haunter ゴースト

Replacing characters?

That will definetly not happen in a filler saga, the only time this was ever done was in the Orange Islands and the writers realised it was a mistake and never needed to be done.

Any replacements for characters will always be from the end of the saga from now on.

I agree with Poke_maniac, Cilan and Iris still feel new at the moment, personally I could see them staying around for another saga (mainly Cilan since I believe Iris might stay at Opelucid).

Why not make things simple and have that "new" character be N with the Plasma plot? XD

because the writers hate us and don't let N appear. be cool if he does eventually appear especially if he has a big role jn the new games. the filler can end with N flying off to a new region and ash deciding to follow him.

I think the writers would have delivered the N-bomb into the anime early if they really wanted him. Maybe he will get some short cameo, because in the end Ash is the hero of the show and can't let someone else take his place.

And what if a fourth character joins? The new mini-movie seems to promote some old pokemon as well.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I thought about this yesterday when the new games were announced. This is what I came up with:

Nothing will change. Ash will still be a terrible trainer, the reserve Pokemon will still suffer at Professor Juniper's lab, Iris will still get little screen-time, Cilan will still be "fabulous", Team Rocket will still be irrelevant to the plot, N and Team Plasma still won't appear and Oshawott will still be glorious.
If anyone wants to debate, I'm willing to comply.

Haunter ゴースト

And what if a fourth character joins? The new mini-movie seems to promote some old pokemon as well.

A fourth character will not join the cast, unless it's for a small arc.

Nothing will change. Ash will still be a terrible trainer,

Opinion, he's a good trainer when the writers don't make him a noob. Don't believe? Watch Ash vs Paul, if that's not good enough and you mean in BW, watch Ash vs Clay.

Team Rocket will still be irrelevant to the plot, N and Team Plasma still won't appear

Team Rocket arn't irrelevant to the plot, they are still the main antagonists of the show and ultimately serve that purpose.

N and Team Plasma still have the chance (and imo most likely will espeically with BW2 coming out) to appear on the show.

If anyone wants to debate, I'm willing to comply.

Ok, hehe.

The fandom has been wrong with a lot of the less obvious predictions often. So I'm only taking the discussion here with a grain of salt because then it could be a disappointment or waste of time when something that everyone thinks will happen doesn't. Or at the same token, something nobody expects will actually occur big time. There are too many examples to name.

Status
Not open for further replies.