• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Season 2 [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I was just wondering because half of the team roster speculation posts in the Next Pokemon thread seem to contain an Eevee. I mean it's one thing to think that Ash will capture an Onix that has been revealed to debut soon, but a whole different thing to think that he's going to capture an Eevee that doesn't have a confirmed debut episode yet.

Certain ideas and concepts stick more than others though.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
There's a rumor I've seen floating around that the new CoroCoro (or some source?) reveals Ash's new rival...

He's a kid named Kaiba (yes, I know) and, perhaps to mirror Meloetta with Ash, he enters the Junior Cup using Keldeo. He's able to utilize the Resolution Form when the time is right, and is apparently on a quest.

Not sure if real or not, but it sounds neat...plus, you can't go wrong with a rival named Kaiba. :p

Ver-mont

Kaiba? Well, for people joking that Pokémon crossed the Yu-Gi-Oh barrier with Reshiram and Zekrom, that will be amusing.

But, considering it's true, we just know the name, he can still be the as-of-yet unnamed B2W2 rival, right?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
There's a rumor I've seen floating around that the new CoroCoro (or some source?) reveals Ash's new rival...

He's a kid named Kaiba (yes, I know) and, perhaps to mirror Meloetta with Ash, he enters the Junior Cup using Keldeo. He's able to utilize the Resolution Form when the time is right, and is apparently on a quest.

Not sure if real or not, but it sounds neat...plus, you can't go wrong with a rival named Kaiba. :p

It sounds kind of fake (I mean really, a rival named Kaiba?). But it would be interesting for Ash to have a rival who uses a Legendary Pokemon. The only problem that I would have is that Ash might be tempted to use Meloetta, which sort of defeats the purpose of the tournament; he should only use his Pokemon, not a tag along.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
A rival with a Legendary just sounds wrong.

Ash already has a tough time taking down a rival who's a rookie so I'm quite sure they're not going to give him a rival with a Legendary.

Ash already has a tough time taking down a rival who's a rookie so I'm quite sure they're not going to give him a rival with a Legendary.

they gave him one in sinnoh. tobias was a rival even though he was only around for the league. this guy could just be a rival for the workd tournament and the league so a legendary wouldn't be out of the question

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

No. That sounds about right. It sounds like a plot to already take down Ash as soon as he gets to the league. But I won't be surprised. I welcome it.

Ver-mont

WTF? Kaiba has a Keldeo? He should have a Blue-Eyes White Dragon!

What, a Reshiram? Overkill haha

I don't think it's too far-fetched. Nolan used an Articuno (befriended, but still), Tobias used a Darkrai and a Latios...

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
they gave him one in sinnoh. tobias was a rival even though he was only around for the league. this guy could just be a rival for the workd tournament and the league so a legendary wouldn't be out of the question

Trollbias is considered to be a League rival, and even that title is generous. This new guy would probably be similar, although given what we were told before, I think he may actually interact with Ash a few times before they battle (unlike Trollbias who only spoke during his battle with Ash and then went back to his holier than thou personality).

Haunter ゴースト

I'd say it's very likely Ash's new rival will be in corocoro, and i suppose it is possible he uses Keldeo (although considering Movie 15 is focusing on it, is quite annoying) but no matter what i'd hate to see Ash using Meloetta. It's definetly a nice idea if it was after the league or something, but it isn't and Ash's Unova Team really needs to take this opportunity.

It's valuable time for Ash to train, develop and possibly even evolve certain members before the Unova League. Something that using Meloetta would defeat the object for.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

Considering Ash & Pikachu are in the cover for the CoroCoro magazine due to leak in a day or 2, there will be some anime stuff, so yeah, I'll take your word for it since you only come out of hiding to reveal stuff.:p

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery

No. That sounds about right. It sounds like a plot to already take down Ash as soon as he gets to the league. But I won't be surprised. I welcome it.

I don't think it's too far-fetched. Nolan used an Articuno (befriended, but still), Tobias used a Darkrai and a Latios...

I think this new rival is going to be on par with Trip and will have a rivalry built up with Ash from now until the League, so I really doubt they're going to have him battling Ash prior to the League with a Legendary already on his team.

If he's going to be a World Tournament-only rival then I could see that, but I don't think he's going to be.

DMerle

Guess who's back
I think this new rival is going to be on par with Trip and will have a rivalry built up with Ash from now until the League, so I really doubt they're going to have him battling Ash prior to the League with a Legendary already on his team.

If he's going to be a World Tournament-only rival then I could see that, but I don't think he's going to be.

Why is it? We've seen a baby Lugia before, it's possible his legendary is in it's early stages and needs a lot of training and growing before it's powerful. I mean look at Shaymin for instance when it's not in it's sky forme it's always been shown to be vulnerable and pretty weak.

Not going to believe you this time. You have trolled us enough. Both times you spread a fire that lasted for weeks only to be proven wrong and then you would say It was just a joke.

★ Mr. Mime ★

Man of Mystery
Why is it? We've seen a baby Lugia before, it's possible his legendary is in it's early stages and needs a lot of training and growing before it's powerful. I mean look at Shaymin for instance when it's not in it's sky forme it's always been shown to be vulnerable and pretty weak.

I just don't think the writers are going to go down that route with this new rival unless he's going to be a Tournament-only rival.

It would just be awkward and diminish the rarity of the Legendary to me.

Grei

not the color
I agree with Sceptile lover. I distinctly remember Korobooshi spreading a ton of rumors during BW's promotional period, too, only for him to come out after the fact and say "oh haha just kidding" when things started looking dicey. I'll believe it when I see it, but not coming from Korobooshi. I'm pretty much certain he's lying.

Even though now I kind of want the BW2 rival to be named Kaiba

Status
Not open for further replies.