• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! (802)

NPT

Just a member
"Best Wishes Until We Meet Again!"

So we've almost reached to the end of the BW saga. I thought this would be a good departure episode, but most of the episode was pretty much just a stupid Team Rocket scheme.

Ash and co. was way too dense in this episode. How in the world they didn't notice Jessie pretending to be James or 'James' suddenly having a long ponytail, or Porter having a totally different voice?! I know the anime writers don't let Ash and co. recognize disguised Team Rocket for the sake of the plot, but this was ridiculous!

Even though Team Rocket already got so many Pokémon, they just had to go after more Pokémon instead of escaping. Geez, talk about being stupid. On top of that, Alexa missed everything AGAIN! -_-

The departure was rushed. Iris and Cilan just arrived in Kanto, only to leave for another region all of a sudden. Cilan's idea of going to Hoenn for fishing came out of the nowhere, and Iris just randomly decided to challenge Clair without any build-up. Iris met Clair only once on Cave Island and that's pretty much Iris' reason for going all the way to Johto to challege her.

Iris said that she Loved traveling with Ash.... oh really? Not too long ago, she acted like it's the the last thing she wanted, and now.....meh.

Iris and Cilan didn't show much emotion during the seperation, Ash was only one who showed a little emotion by remembering his very few good times with them. The writers tried to make the departure meaningful with those particular flashbacks, even though it wasn't meaningful at all. They made most of the episode centered around Team Rocket and just sent Iris and Cilan off at the last moment, making it the most rushed departure episode. It was just some nice words, flashbacks and saying goodbye... nothing more than that. Geez, even May and Max's departure was better than this.

I have to admit, I'll miss Cilan a little bit. His connoissure antics were entertaining and he brought some good humor in the BW saga. As for Iris, I won't miss her at all. I didn't like how she called Ash a 'kid' throughout the BW saga, it was really annoying. I'm glad there will be no more "What a Kid" crap after this episode.

Now there's just one BW episode left, after that ..... A New Beginning!

Music kept in Dub (5):
  • Unova Route 4
  • Title Card theme
  • Music when Team Rocket starts pulling in the Pokéballs.
  • Music when Ash and co. try to retrive their Pokéballs from TR.
  • Ash's BW theme
In the dub, Team Rocket Unova motto music was replaced with Team Rocket Sinnoh motto music.

Last edited:

matt0044

Anybody catch this line in the dub: "I wanted the room with the perfect view but this is ridiculous."

Well, I guess it's now truly the end (anime-wise) of the BW era.
I know there' still one more episode, but I have a feeling it will be a more (I kind of hope) 'set-up' episode for the XY saga.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Wow, the last two episodes of the season really made me choke up. :( It took forever for me to get back to the anime and finish the Unova saga (not to mention the Team Plasma saga), but it was worth the wait. I really enjoyed Cilan and Iris, and getting to see flashbacks to some of their adventures (especially where Ash mistook Iris for a pokemon and Cilan as Elysia, LOL) were great. I'm looking forward to finally meeting the Kalos crew, but it still felt sad to say goodbye to Iris and Cilan. Cilan especially was so much fun to watch. I wish they would show the specials they were in, especially since Brock was also in Cilan's.

Also, I liked how Alexa was completely clueless as to what Team Rocket was doing until the boat splashed down in the water, LOL. I also liked that Team Rocket actually did a really good job of stealing the pokemon, at least until they were stopped as usual. Jessie as James was a little strange, though, especially when she shed the disguise and it floated in the air for a few seconds.

9/10

JudySpell

Banned
I'm not a TRio hater but they ruined this episode for me. It should've been all about Iris & Cilan but instead their farewell was lackluster and rushed. 4/10

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Are you serious? I've just sat through the entire BW series for the first time, and whilst my opinion has changed, this ending for the main gang is bitterly disappointing. I've just sat through a whole season of the gang trying to get to Kanto, seeing Iris and Cilan excited the whole series about the thought of Kanto. We finally get there. I
ris: I'm off to Johto now.
Cilan: I'll come too.

Really.......
That was an absolutely terrible ending to the gang, it makes it even worse that 3 years later we haven't seen either of them meet up with him again.
And then, Iris and Cilan don't even shed a thought that they're leaving their friend. Ash at least seemed to acknowledge that they wouldn't be with each other again, but wasn't that upset about it.
They didn't even make it to the final episode of BW too.

The only thing that makes up for the rubbish ending for them is that the 3 of them together stop TR one last time.
I enjoyed the OS final episode where Ash, Misty and Brock have a triple battle against the 3 brothers, I enjoyed DP's final battle seeing Ash, Dawn and Brock stop TR in one final battle, together. So it was nice seeing Ash, Iris and Cilan holding on together, then swinging together to stop TR as a team. But that's about it, that's the only thing that stands out in this episode. For a goodbye episode, it doesn't deserve a rating. It's a shame for Iris and Cilan fans too that they're characters didn't get a good send off, again made worse that they haven't returned for their cameos either.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was enticing to see Pokemon like Laplace and Yadoran when the ferry approached Kanto's mainland. Also, the Rocket-dan lifting the ferry into the sky via balloons was a massive feat, and Kojirou's Parker disguise added to the hilarity of the moment. I thought that Iris and Dent's farewell seemed too sudden, though.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
James' fake Porter disguise was funny and I thought that the ship floating was a bit over the top ha ha. I liked seeing so many Kanto pokemon in Vermilion city and too bad that Iris and Cilan had to depart from the cast.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The BW staff must have secretly loathed Iris and Cilan, because this was such a crummy way of sending them off. Like, the mere fact that they went to Johto itself was like the last nail in their coffins since that's the anime's place of exile. And why did Vermilion City look like every other generic anime town all of a sudden? The harbor was the biggest place in the city in OS, yet here it was neglected. :/

Alloutℯ

Banned
I came in with low expectations due to TRio being in the episode and likely eating up a significant amount of screen time in the process and I'm not disappointed at all surprisingly. I enjoyed seeing the BW trio work together to save their Pokemon, it was nice see Charizard take on TR's Pokemon.

Janovy

Banned
The goodbye was underwhelming. It doesn't seem like these 3 will miss each other much.
...why? Because you thought the goodbye was underwhelming?

What did you expect?

Leonhart

Imagineer
The goodbye was underwhelming. It doesn't seem like these 3 will miss each other much.

I feel like they definitely needed a bigger showing of emotion when they separated, but that the pacing ruined that. I wanted to see Dent act more overwhelmed here, much like Pochama during DP's finale, just for laughs.

Scorbunnie

I didn't like Iris or Cilan very much so when they both left I wasn't sad just relieved that Ash's Unova journey was wrapping up. Also cool to see Alexa stay with Ash a little longer.

The Team Rocket scenes wasted alot of time so I wish that they hadn't been part of this episode.

Lame goodbye sequence, they just went off. You know, I'll kind of miss them.
PEEKO REFERENCE!

XY Preview (I have seen the series before but not in a long time):
CLEMONT! THE FUTURE IS NOW THANKS TO SCIENCE AND BONNIE AND DEDENNE
SERENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FLASHBACK TO YOUNG ASH AND AMOURSHIPPING IS BORN SQUEALS
V VOLT PLAYING I LOVE IT

Saving the best for last. See you after OS and AG :')

RafaSceptile

BW is very like OS than both are the only series where the main cast said goodbye to each other before the last episode uh? I'll miss the group dynamic between Ash, Cilan and Iris

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Sigh, the absolute worse departure in history
This was the worst saga in general; from Ash taking too many Ls (he even lost against a Gym Leader who just barely opened up his gym after Ash was done with the league) because he was an idiot/Oshawott was too gung-ho, to the whole group not getting a single Pokemon during Filler Islands.

Last edited:

Rikerran

Sigh, the absolute worse departure in history
Upon rewatching it, it's not too bad. Sure there's no big emotional farewell that misty, dawn, serena, or the alola cast got, but it was fine.

It would be out of character for Ash or Iris to break down into tears not seeing each other for awhile. And Cilan is well...Cilan. He was on his way.