• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! (802)

You have to admit having someone following some random person around with no reason to whatsoever is kind of a poor writing choice... they could have given her some sort of reason

Iris got to know Ash in the forest where she met him and ended up becoming fasinated by him; that was her reason. That was also May's reason as well. I don't remember why Dawn chose to follow him though.

XXD17

Draco rex
Iris got to know Ash in the forest where she met him and ended up becoming fasinated by him; that was her reason. That was also May's reason as well. I don't remember why Dawn chose to follow him though.

Bike.....and for experience....

BlueDragonfangirl

To be fair this episode didn't make any of the characters look better; in fact, it kind of made Ash seem a bit emotionless. I mean Iris and Cilan decided to leave and Ash was like "okay." He didn't seem that bothered by their departure and it made the whole thing feel hollow imo. The episode also felt wasteful to me because while it was sad that Iris and Cilan were leaving, the episode itself felt almost too light-hearted what with the Team Rocket thing going on. It was still a nice episode, although I can't quite put a finger on what I actually liked about it. It's a weird feeling. It's like I'm sad and elated at the same time.

LOL, Ash showed more emotion than the both of them even if small compared to the others he traveled with.
Yah, writers really screwed Iris and Dento over here for a final, it's like they gave up on every thing for BW, Trip included in this.

Yah, never knew how much hate they got till the series ended, well I knew about the Iris hate but man.

Cybs, just cuz they were liked at the beginning doesn't mean much, again look at Trip as an example of this.

Sprinter1988

I don't think the problem was that Iris followed Ash, its that she didn't do much towards achieving her goal while with him. Apart from reaching Axew two really powerful moves, catching Dragonite out of nowhere and meeting Clair there wasn't really a lot going on for Iris. May and Dawn got their own story lines at least.

Squirtle_007

I don't think the problem was that Iris followed Ash, its that she didn't do much towards achieving her goal while with him. Apart from reaching Axew two really powerful moves, catching Dragonite out of nowhere and meeting Clair there wasn't really a lot going on for Iris. May and Dawn got their own story lines at least.

- Being able to read the hearts of dragons (Dragonite's capture episode and Emolga joins Team Rocket)
- Getting the approval of the Village Elder
- Calming a Hydreigon all by herself
- Getting Drayden's approval and proposal to be the next Opelucid Gym Leader

Yeah, there wasn't really a lot going on with Iris (¬_¬)

I'm just glad that Iris and Cilan are gone so the stupid childish bashing can stop once and for all ... until his/her/their visit to Kalos

People wanted Team Mediockret back hogging the screentime and ruining episodes with their lameness, well, there you go, ENJOY IT :mad: !

BlueDragonfangirl

That wasn't it with me, this episode gave me that feeling that they weren't as close as the others girls or Brock / Max in the past. I never saw it, her following Ash for no reason. It just makes me go, what was the point? She learned nothing while traveling with them on top of that, she didn't even come close to achieving her goal, matter of fact it felt like she was going backwards with it at times. At least the other girls you tell how close Ash was with them as time went on and had reason for being apart of the group, very odd.

Janovy

Banned
That wasn't it with me, this episode gave me that feeling that they weren't as close as the others girls or Brock / Max in the past. I never saw it, her following Ash for no reason. It just makes me go, what was the point? She learned nothing while traveling with them on top of that, she didn't even come close to achieving her goal, matter of fact it felt like she was going backwards with it at times. At least the other girls you tell how close Ash was with them as time went on and had reason for being apart of the group, very odd.
The person who wrote this episode didn't know how to write Iris and Cilan, it's as simple as that. Whoever wrote this episode, wrote it for Team Rocket, they gave them all the focus and gave Iris and Cilan a rushed goodbye. They obviously didn't care which is why Iris and Cilan reacted the way they did.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
The person who wrote this episode didn't know how to write Iris and Cilan, it's as simple as that. Whoever wrote this episode, wrote it for Team Rocket, they gave them all the focus and gave Iris and Cilan a rushed goodbye. They obviously didn't care which is why Iris and Cilan reacted the way they did.

I think I called it XD

Meh, departure episode. I think XY ought to have a more emotional one.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

You can argue that everyone went with ash for no reason. What reason would anyone have to travel with a noob 10 year old trainer?

Royal_Qeca

Pokémon Blue
No scene about Axew and Scraggy? I expected a lot more from this episode... But Ash shouting "Best Wishes" was a great moment to keep in mind about BW! It felt just right.

Cybs, just cuz they were liked at the beginning doesn't mean much, again look at Trip as an example of this.

What do you mean? People hated Trip from the very start but they gave Cilan and Iris a chance to shine.

RVD_fan

Though I didn't care much for their story arcs, I enjoyed Iris and Cilan and thought they brought some fun interactions to the show. The Druddigon episode stands out as one of my favorite of Best Wishes.

I thought it was a good enough way to go out for Best Wishes, Team Rocket had one of their better schemes that seemed more like they're earlier plans, and we saw the trio working together to solve the problem.

Charizard still feels massively out of place though.

Wow, it looks like there are a lot of mixed feelings about this episode. The departure itself was tad bit rushed, but I really enjoyed this episode as a whole. Team Rocket's plot was brilliant, in my opinion, and they almost got away with it. Them meddling kids... The balloons making the Decolore Queen float into the air was really a sight to see. The whole plot and episode as a whole was great, and I'm rambling about my love for this episode at this point.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well, based on the previews, we know Iris is going to Blackthorn City, but does anyone know where Cilan's going?

From what i understood (though i am not sure since my japanese is not good), Cilan seems to be planning on going to Hoenn to take part in a Fishing Competition to be held in Dewford Town.

But before that he plans to go along with Iris to see Johto.

This in a way tells us why Cilan is shown fishing and trying to catch a Gyarados in the upcoming special.

On regarding this episode, i did feel that Cilan's & Iris's departure was less emotional than Misty, May & Max, Dawn and Brock (who was given 4 departures). Also considering how Axew was attached to Scraggy, it did feel a bit odd that we didn't get a good-bye scene between those two.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No scene about Axew and Scraggy? I expected a lot more from this episode... But Ash shouting "Best Wishes" was a great moment to keep in mind about BW! It felt just right.

Why were people so convinced about Axew and Scraggy having a farewell scene together? I mean I argued about that in the other episode thread but people kept saying that they were 100% sure it would happen...and yet it didn't. I think my previous arguments that the Axew/Scraggy "bromance" only existed in the minds of the fans proved to be true in the end since the writers didn't even attempt to show said "bromance" one last time. :x

And the Best Wishes thing was used as a pun so often in BW that I literally didn't care for it being used here. It was just overdone throughout the saga so it wasn't that special imo.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Why were people so convinced about Axew and Scraggy having a farewell scene together?

Please go back and review the episode "Zuruggu and the Selfish Gothimu!" (Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!) and then tell me that what people felt regarding Axew & Scraggy getting a good-bye moment was wrong.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Iris and Cilan's farewell was fine, do we really need to see character crying their eyes out everytime they stop traveling together?

In fact I'd say they made past departures too over-dramatic, since Ash saw all his past friends again anyway.

Janovy

Banned
Iris and Cilan's farewell was fine, do we really need to see character crying their eyes out everytime they stop traveling together?
How was it fine? Iris and Cilan clearly expressed their desire to travel through Kanto and the moment they reach Kanto, they're like 'lol gtg bye!' an decide to go to Johto. What? This episode should have at least had Iris and Cilan being unable to accompany Ash or something. They devoted this episode and Team Rocket and shoved the departure at the ending, that's not how you do a departure episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Please go back and review the episode "Zuruggu and the Selfish Gothimu!" (Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!) and then tell me that what people felt regarding Axew & Scraggy getting a good-bye moment was wrong.

Are we really going to use a filler episode to justify Axew and Scraggy having a tearful farewell? That's reaching a bit imo. For sure, they interacted and spent some time together, but the same could be said about several Pokemon and yet only Axew and Scraggy were predicted to say good-bye to each other. Like I said before, the fact that it didn't happen sort of proves that the writers never meant for their friendship to be integral to the plot. That's how I feel about it.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer

In fact I'd say they made past departures too over-dramatic, since Ash saw all his past friends again anyway.

While i agree that we didn't really need a over-dramatic departure for Cilan & Iris. But atleast they could have shown a bit of sadness about there separation after traveling for so long.

Iris was just too happy to goto Blackthorn City and Cilan didn't even show any interest to meet Prof. Oak (i mean he is considered to be the top most person in pokemon research and meeting him would have given Cilan more more knowledge regarding how to understand pokemons which would have been beneficial to his Sommelier work).

Are we really going to use a filler episode to justify Axew and Scraggy having a tearful farewell?

When the BW Saga mostly consisted of filler episode, using that as an example is ok.

The main point of that episode was the relation between Axew & Scraggy. In that episode, Axew was really sad with the idea of separating with Scraggy. Whether its a filler or not is another point, which is useless in the topic we are discussing (and that is the relation between them).

Also what do you define as a filler episode.

To me that episode wasn't a filler episode as the person who appeared in it also took part in the Unova League (which means that person was not a simple COTD).

Last edited: