• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! (802)

Janovy

Banned
Meh, team rocket are the third, fourth, and fifth most important characters in BW so it makes sense they get in some extra screentime. I was hoping fo something a little more dramatic with the ship like a fake iceberg or underwater torpedos. Balloons are so overdone.
They'll be in the final BW episode, so was there really any need for them to get so much focus in the departure episode?

LizardonX

Banned
They'll be in the final BW episode, so was there really any need for them to get so much focus in the departure episode?

Probably not, but I was trying to approach it from a writer's POV.

Sephora

yes I'm back
I still don't see the complaining about Iris/Cilan's departure. Past departures weren't gone much better anyway.

True. But you have to admit, this departure was hands down the most lacking. At least with previous departure episodes, there were emotional moments.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
True. But you have to admit, this departure was hands down the most lacking. At least with previous departure episodes, there were emotional moments.

I honestly thought Brock's DP departure was the worst. He got what...a 30 second handshake at the end of the episode? Most of DP191 was about Dawn/Piplup leaving...Brock barely got anything.

Squirtle_007

Brock followed Ash because he too wanted to go on a journey, changing his dream twice I believe. May and Dawn followed Ash basically for the less selfish version of Misty (Pikachu fired their bikes) but also because they were new trainers and he was a mentor. Max tagged along because of his sister.

So, in summary, they just happened to tag along with Ash just because he was there:
- Ash was there when Brock had the encounter with his father
- Ash was there when May got her Torchic
- Ash was there when Dawn had that encounter with Team Rocket

May and Dawn didn't know squat about Ash's accomplishments, he became their mentors DURING the journey, therefore, that wasn't a reason to tag along with him.

Cilan actually wanted to stalk follow Ash and study his methods

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Am finally glad that Iris is gone at least for now never did care for her.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Not really, Tracey, DP Brock's, May/Max's weren't any better.

Old comment but it was actually done way better with May and Max and yes even DP Brock. Ash and May had a final battle which ended with them receiving a memento of their friendship, Ash and Max bond with one another one last time with a promise to battle on day, and Brock finally has a solid dream to purse and gives him his blessing to Ash to keep following his dreams, and Ash does the same.

So yeah, this episode was ****ing lame. Next time don't waste time on TR crap.

SmartD

It was a good episode. Just one more episode of the BW era and then it's time for Kalos.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh Arceus, they're gone for good now. One more episode and we're done with useless Unova.

I found it very disgraceful of them to just ditch Kanto and kick it on its rear by traveling to Johto instead. Iris and Cilan will never be at Ash's hometown now.

Please Kalos. Be like DP but better.

Pokegirl0102

I guess i am the only one who will truly miss Iris and Cilan lol, they were great characters in my opinion who really stood out from each other other than just being there. Finally Ask returns home to pallet next week

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
It's odd how people forget that the BW trio was initially very well received for having great chemistry again, something the DP trio lacked for 4 years.

Yeah its too bad this saga wasn't the greatest, but at least this was the start of character chemistry returning that continued into XY.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Just watched the dub episode, and yep, I was sad.
Most part of the episode was boring. Team Rocket's attempt to steal Pokémon normally makes me smile but this time, I wanted them to go away... They didn't have their place in this episode as much as the normal ones.
The only real part I liked of the episode was when they arrived in Kanto. Iris's goal, her wishes and Cilan's passion for fishing made me realized that they were right to go on and continue their dreams, just like Dawn and Brock.
The train station scene was pretty sad. Although I was disapointed, emotion-wise. I think it was lacking. My eyes became wet only when the train door closed and when I saw Iris and Cilan go away. I loved them so much.
Overall, the episode could have been done way better than that. It wasn't that good, honestly, and the BW trio deserved more.
Goodbye, you two. Best wishes, and see you soon!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a good episode. I just felt that the whole "parting ways" bit wasn't as strong as the other times Ash and his group went their separate ways.