• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Wishes Until We Meet Again! (802)

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Are the AshXIris-Shippers fangirling when Iris said to Ash, "I loved traveling with you, Ash" or something like that in this episode?

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Cilan and Iris leaving may be sad, but it's good to see a new set of companions coming. Just one last episode before the new saga.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
He mentioned that he was going to take part in Mr. Briney's Fishing Tournament, held in Johto.

No, it's held in Hoenn. The dub just words it a bit weird, saying the "Mr. Briney from Dewford Town is going to host a tournament", instead of the correct "Mr. Briney is going to host a tournament in Dewford Town" (doesn't Mr. Briney live in Rustboro, anyway? Silly dub). We never get any straight explanation of why he goes to Johto when the tournament is held in Hoenn.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No, it's held in Hoenn. The dub just words it a bit weird, saying the "Mr. Briney from Dewford Town is going to host a tournament", instead of the correct "Mr. Briney is going to host a tournament in Dewford Town" (doesn't Mr. Briney live in Rustboro, anyway? Silly dub). We never get any straight explanation of why he goes to Johto when the tournament is held in Hoenn.

Well, probably because he thought that the Lake of Rage would be a good fishing spot. Doesn't he go there first?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd like to remind everyone that, while it is the last episode with the BW trio and looking back on their interactions a little is perfectly fine, this should still be treated as a discussion thread for the happenings in one particular episode, not a general BW review thread.

And for heaven's sake, stop the series/character bashing, please. Constructive criticism can work wonders sometimes, you know.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I really had no emotion for this. For every past goodbye I felt sad. I was not happy or sad at all during this one. Maybe it was due to it being a weird goodbye. It came out of nowhere and when you realize what happened the credits are rolling.

With that said the Mr.Briney and Hoenn reference made me squeal

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well, probably because he thought that the Lake of Rage would be a good fishing spot. Doesn't he go there first?

Neither the lake he goes to nor the nearby city are mentioned by name, and there's no implication anywhere that it's the Lake of Rage. It's just a random lake.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
*Sigh* Why are goodbyes so hard.

Anyway firstly, we had Team Rocket to deal with and to give them their respect they were more successful than usual. It was really their greediness which was their downfall this time.

Now, back to the goodbye. It was nice to see both Iris and Cilan awe-stricken when they first encountered Kanto. It's just like when anyone else goes to a new place which they look forward to so much and then they finally get there. It was a wonderful moment. It pains me to say but the goodbye was a little rushed but what more can you do in less than 10 minutes of the episode left but with what they had, a little emotion was there and I thought the image with Iris, Cilan and Ash's reflection was fantastic, a lasting memory of them all.

Finally, I will miss Cilan more than I will miss Iris. Both had their great moments but Cilan had a likeable personality as Iris was just too annoying at times but I wouldn't change it because it just wouldn't be the same without her.

One more episode to go, onto the next one!

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
I'm glad it's over. And I shall not stay my glee from prying eyes.

Let now the land turn from below their feet away from each other. Let now the wind blow their sails to the arms of the world. Let now the currents of their fates take them far from their horizons. At long last it is ended. Though one or the other may come and go, and in their hearts they deem an inseparable bond between shewn by the mirror's reflection, never again must I brook these hard days.

The passing of the time hither was fast and no feeling did I draw from it. And all efforts were in vain for they used the time they had with grandeur schemes that fell into a sea of nothing. And though the feeling of august memories remind us of once good days, ever did those days were shadowed. At last now we are upon the path which shall sunder them ever, and bear them hence from our presence. And after they told of their lofty goals to far away lands, no tears came from them. What does that mean? Why was the pace quickened like the clouds floating in the autumn breeze? Nonetheless, I shall double them back with my dry eyes and stone heart.

Thus best wishes to you all, and let now the twilight of one more long night open a new dawn.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I can't believe this is it. Only one more episode and it's the end of BW after 3 years. I'm ready for XY though.

I won't miss the Decolore Islands too much, but it had it's good moments. I just wish all of Ash/Iris/Cilan's Pokemon appeared all together one last time.

The finale of the Trio felt medicore to me, though. They finally arrived in Kanto, and it was short lived for what we saw. Who knows how much time they spent in Kanto after Iris/Cilan made the decision to travel to Johto.

It was also neat to see the Magnet Train again. We haven't seen it since the Johto episodes, but it wasn't functioning. Now it is! At least a year had to pass since then, so I hear.

Iris/Cilan's farewells with Ash weren't too emotional, but it was sad to see em go. But they're off for great things. I'm excited for them. Definitely looking forward to that battle between Iris and Clair, if we ever get it.

Ash and Alexa then move onward to Pallet Town. Only a week to go!

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Dento mentions that he always wanted to travel on the train that Iris is going on so I would assume that is his reasoning.

Also I'm sorry but this episode was terrible and rushed. I didn't think any departure episode could be as bad as the final DP one but this managed to beat it.

halloweenghost

I'll miss Cilan and Iris.. but I felt their departure was not so emotional like the others in the past. I usually tear up with pride a little when they do..thistime I just smiled.

I'm REALLY gonna miss Axew... was the MVP to me besides Oshawott,.. but I'm sure we'll see that little bugger again eventually.

Axew was the sweetest, babiest pokemon that could hold it';s own. I'm gonna miss it.

oh and one last thing,.. why didn't anyone cut the Team rocket balloons when they first started to lift the ship up..could have saved a whole lot of trouble.. lol

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
anyone find it odd the dub uses Best Wishes a lot to say goodbye and even gave it the title of the episode? Why did they not just call it Best wishes over Black and White like Japan?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
anyone find it odd the dub uses Best Wishes a lot to say goodbye and even gave it the title of the episode? Why did they not just call it Best wishes over Black and White like Japan?

Because saying best wiahes all the time was just the dub's nod to the japanese anime name.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
*Sigh* Why are goodbyes so hard.

Anyway firstly, we had Team Rocket to deal with and to give them their respect they were more successful than usual. It was really their greediness which was their downfall this time.

Now, back to the goodbye. It was nice to see both Iris and Cilan awe-stricken when they first encountered Kanto. It's just like when anyone else goes to a new place which they look forward to so much and then they finally get there. It was a wonderful moment. It pains me to say but the goodbye was a little rushed but what more can you do in less than 10 minutes of the episode left but with what they had, a little emotion was there and I thought the image with Iris, Cilan and Ash's reflection was fantastic, a lasting memory of them all.

Finally, I will miss Cilan more than I will miss Iris. Both had their great moments but Cilan had a likeable personality as Iris was just too annoying at times but I wouldn't change it because it just wouldn't be the same without her.

One more episode to go, onto the next one!
yes ik i hate goodbyes :( but the emotions were lacking i kinda expected it because i mean they were a great trio but not as good as the others :) the others departures made me sad this one was lacking unfortunatly due to it being so out of nowhere. Im gonna miss Cilan i was expecting him to go with Ash but guess not :/ i wont really miss Iris here sassyness and annoyance but i liked her a bit.. looking forward to Kalos!!!!! OH and nice to see some Porter action!!!!! :D

Vernikova

Champion
c+p

The end of an era I skipped entirely. Party time! Well, almost the end.

I literally smacked my face when they were tricked when Team Rocket decided to air lift the ship. That was painful even for Pokemon standards. Team Rocket is stealing their Pokemon and they checked on their PokeBalls to make sure they were still there. Bad episode and a little hard on the eyes.

Sephora

yes I'm back
The emotions in this episode were severely lacking that it was surprising. But I didn't mind since I am glad that Iris and Dento left and that Best Wishes is now finally over. I barely watched the saga and for a reason, too. Finally the dub for XY can begin!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm surprised they were able to tell which Poke Balls were theirs right away, and I still remember how Ash was at a loss when he found a sack of them in a truck but Richie knew which ones were his with his star stamps.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like this episode. It was sad to see Cilan and Iris go but Cilan leaving felt kind of rushed.