• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/Worst Cartoon Station

Which of the four main cartoon airing stations is currently the best/worst?

• Total voters

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Yup, conversation in the Cartoon Network thread went 180º so I decided to make this thread. Yeah, kids' programming; still iffy as ever (even since we were youngsters). Not much to say bar the fact that we have our own tastes but overall, which of the four main 'toon airing stations do you think is doing the best? Which one is doing the worst?

I put 8 poll answers with multiple choice and shows who voted for what so I don't have to make 2 threads and we know about that guy slacking off at their keyboard (or touch controlled pad). Also, sorry for you guys who aren't American being unable to participate. Yes, I am Canadian but I did my research so I think I should be fine (as well as the rest of you who did their research).

Now we're not tackling the station's original cartoons but their current programming in general (so live action shows like Victorious and foreign cartoons like Bleach count). Don't forget to explain your decision in your post. Also, please keep in mind the station as a whole when voting. I know you have a fetish for ponies and don't understand Adventure Time's sense of humour but don't let that effect your post too much.

That covers the rules. You guys all know my opinion. Be nice, have fun, but most importantly, remember we're not in a cartoon crisis; we're just becoming old.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
The Hub is currently the best "Cartoon Channe." They have continued to show a steady stream of cartoons that ranged from good to fantastic. They never really received any backlash from fans or parents like the others 3 dd. Not to mention they cater to a wider audience and show a good mix of old/new cartoons. Anyone that denies this either doesn't get the channel or has no taste.

Next in like is Disney I guess. Sure their sitcoms are shitty but the people they're aimed at eat them up. I guess that's good for something.

Cartoon Network I've grown out of. Sure cartoons were stupid back in the 90's but this is just wow.

Nick consist of nothing but Spongebob and the odd Fairly Odd Parents episode so it's last.

Zazie

So 1991
Cartoon Network. It has been pretty consistent with putting out decent new cartoons for the past 3 years. Plus it has cartoons for adults on adult swim, something the other stations can't brag about.

The only decent Disney cartoon I have seen recently is Phineas and Ferb. Nickelodeon hasn't gotten any new cartoons I have enjoyed in a long time. Most of the good cartoons on the hub are old. (I don't care for 30 minute toy commercials, which appears to be most of their newer cartoons)

Cartoon Network. It has been pretty consistent with putting out decent new cartoons for the past 3 years. Plus it has cartoons for adults on adult swim, something the other stations can't brag about.

The only decent Disney cartoon I have seen recently is Phineas and Ferb. Nickelodeon hasn't gotten any new cartoons I have enjoyed in a long time. Most of the good cartoons on the hub are old. (I don't care for 30 minute toy commercials, which appears to be most of their newer cartoons)

Have you seen the new TMNT show on Nick? It's actually really good. I heard Korra is good as well but I have never watched it regularly to form an opinion on it. But yeah, other than that, Nick has no good shows. It's a shame too because Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents used to be great shows but they kept them on for too long.

PokeMaster366

Have you seen the new TMNT show on Nick? It's actually really good. I heard Korra is good as well but I have never watched it regularly to form an opinion on it. But yeah, other than that, Nick has no good shows. It's a shame too because Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents used to be great shows but they kept them on for too long.

Legend of Korra was decent, but it could've been so much better if the extra seasons weren't such a surprise and if the romance WASN'T SO OMNIPRESENT! They also overplayed Meelo a bit, but still, if there wasn't so much focus on romance in the story, it could've came out so much better.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Cartoon network is a pretty great catch for children and Adults Alike. Stuff Like Adventure Time and Regular Show will keep it alive.

The Hub is pretty close, although most of its cartoons are pretty bad and made for smaller kids, its were MLP:FiM fans can go to when the Internet is down/they don't have internet.

Disney XD/Some Disney Channel is getting worse because of the vast Disney hype. most of both networks are barely Cartoon channels, and their cartoons are normally terrible.

Nick.... anything that isn't of the avatar series is generally of low morale. and humor. actually, anything that ISN'T the Avatar/Korra series is pretty bad.... FOP and Spongebob were great past-times for children, like, 5-10 years ago, but now they both reek of terrible humor and even worse plots. If Korra moved over too Nicktoons (which is way better than Nick since they still show Invader Zim and The Original Avatar series) then Nick would plain suck.

those are my opinions. Nicktoons is the better version of Nickelodeon for those who get channel 126 (at least, in washington state). Cartoon Network would be awesome if they rid of their live-action shows. The Hub should get better cartoons. The Disney channels need to create better plots and humor. Nick just needs to get better shows.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Honestly, I feel they're all doing pretty badly at one or multiple levels when it comes to their line-ups, though I could tell Disney has been doing pretty good. It used to be that Phineas and Ferb was the only really good show until a few others, both cartoon and live-action, started popping up. Is it still worth watching most of the time? Eh. My grandparents don't have The Hub at the moment, but when they did a couple of times (since Dish will let you have a channel free for about a month), I mostly had the Goosebumps episodes DVR'd, since I never knew what time everything else was on.

A lot of stuff on Cartoon Network still turns me away, though their 2013 line-up sounds promising. Nickelodeon, however, is too obsessed with SpongeBob right now to even care about anything else (though I hear they're noticing a ratings drop, but again, they probably don't know the reasons why) that it's a wonder they are able to squeeze in new shows into its line-up (even if it's over the weekend). It's such an awful schedule they have going on. Every day, there's a SpongeBob marathon of sorts going on at least twice a day, and they're not even the good episodes. I have of yet to actually see a pre-movie episode pop up, but it's not worth sitting through piles of crap to get to them when I already have them on various DVDs. Besides, I don't want to give Nickelodeon anymore ratings except for when I'm DVR'ing TMNT, because that's really the only decent show I'm into at the moment that deserves the ratings.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
The best ones are Cartoon Network and the Hub hands down. I've been looking at CN's 2013 lineup, and things are looking good so far.

Disney XD is a seperate channel from Disney Channel, but I would put the channel in the middle, since it has some good and decent programming on it.

The worst of the bunch is Nickelodeon for it's over reliance on really bad Spongebob reruns, this year, Nickelodeon had a 31% drop in ratings, which is often blamed on their over reliance on reruns of popular shows, namely Spongebob, and looking at it's 2013 lineup, things aren't looking promising for Nick's future

Disney Channel itself is probably even worse if not for the saving graces of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The Hub has better quality of shows, (despite the majority of them being owned by Hasbro, and being remakes of old shows). But MLP:FiM is a really good contender of Adventure time, Regular Show ect.

Cartoon Network finally got their sh€t together, and has a few shows I personally sit down and enjoy watching.

Nick is the worst. Nothing other than Penguins of Madagascar, Spongebob, and Fairly Odd Parents. I love the actors, but the shows have LONG since overstayed their welcome.

WildHennaCharizard

The best: a tie between the Hub and Cartoon Network. The both have a veritey of programs that you can watch and like. CN has Dragons: Riders of Berk,Reglar show etc. Hub has Ponies, Transfromers and well as other Hasbro prodect themed shows.

Disney/XD is in the middle with its mix of real life shows and cartoons like Pherias and Freb

The worst is Nick hands down! All they show is that annoying Spongebob all day! If they do not get there act togrther soon, there're going go out like the Twinkie...

Rezzo

Occasionally
Boomerang is my favourite as I love the Looney Tunes & Tom and Jerry series. My least favourite is probably NickToons. It was the dawn of bad cartoon airing, even though in its prime it had good shows on it.

Edit: oh, the four main ones. Well, I don't know, I don't have any of those channels any more.

Last edited:

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
lol i would say cw4kids is the worst

edit: The Hub is like the best just saying.

Last edited:

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
lol i would say cw4kids is the worst

edit: The Hub is like the best just saying.

CW4kids does not exist anymore, it's now called "The Vortexx" (yes, with two X's) after being bought out by another company.

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
CW4kids does not exist anymore, it's now called "The Vortexx" (yes, with two X's) after being bought out by another company.

O_O when did this happen? does this mean 4kids went out of business? YAHOO!

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
O_O when did this happen? does this mean 4kids went out of business? YAHOO!

In a way, yes. Last year or so, 4Kids lost a number of their TV rights to other companies, including Saban and Nickelodeon among others.