• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/Worst Cartoon Station

Which of the four main cartoon airing stations is currently the best/worst?

• Total voters

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
O_O when did this happen? does this mean 4kids went out of business? YAHOO!

4KIDS merged into Saban. They're not completely gone, especially since some of their dubs are still on Vortexx like Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic X, and Cubix. Doesn't mean Vortexx is still good. It's decent at the most (the censorship cuts still don't help).

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
4KIDS merged into Saban. They're not completely gone, especially since some of their dubs are still on Vortexx like Yu-Gi-Oh, Sonic X, and Cubix. Doesn't mean Vortexx is still good. It's decent at the most (the censorship cuts still don't help).

Agreed, and this was the company that dubbed the first few seasons of Digimon and a few other anime series, while Saban was known best for creating Power Rangers after it got the rights to the Japanese Super Sentai series, though it would often go to the point of in-name-only, with the Super Sentai footage being the only thing it and Power Rangers had in common.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Agreed, and this was the company that dubbed the first few seasons of Digimon and a few other anime series, while Saban was known best for creating Power Rangers after it got the rights to the Japanese Super Sentai series, though it would often go to the point of in-name-only, with the Super Sentai footage being the only thing it and Power Rangers had in common.

Sadly, I think Saban's gone down the route of 4KIDS in a way. Yeah, they weren't as bad as 4KIDS back in the day (Digimon still managed to keep some elements from the original script, even though they had the whole "Never Say Die" rule going on), but still, the whole censorship the network's got going on is just terrible. I can see why censorship exists, but there's just too much of it. Showing blood in DragonBall Z Kai is not going to hurt anyone when we all know they show much worse things on regular TV anyway. Heck, if they have a WWE for kids on the Saturday Morning Block (though it's not as intense as the normal WWE), they can keep the blood in DBZ Kai, and also keep the Justice League Unlimited untouched.

Yeah. They censored stuff from the Justice League Unlimited. That's ridiculous.

Autis-misc

Abridger

I believe that most of the Vortexx became crap because they removed Dinosaur King from the Air and destroyed their OnDemand section making every new episode released practically unwatchable for viewers. I cannot watch my favorite anime because of them, and their dubs suck. Yu-Gi-Oh turned to crap with ZeXaL. I lost all of my faith in their shows. forever.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If you think Dinosaur King, in any way was helping that channel, you're wrong.
You mean fans?

Did I forget to add something to the poll?

Last edited:

LilPrinnyDood

Flat chest huh?
So let me get this straight the guys who made power rangers merged with one of the worst localization companies known to man? I find that oddly humorous.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
For me Cartoon Network is the best (Adventure Time/ Regular Show FTW!!!), but only by a little bit. Cartoon Planet, Boomerang, and Adult Swim/Toonami help it out with certain shows. But let's be honest, I don't know who had the brilliant idea to make The Annoying Orange a full Fledged show. The Hub is good and honestly I have nothing bad to say about it. It has the old school Batman I grew up with! Disney XD is okay, The Avengers and Spiderman make it worthwhile. And last but not least, well yes least we have Nick/Nicktoons. In my opinion it's the worst with all those live action shows. Spongebob isn't the same, I've seen every episode of the Fairly Odd Parents, Korra was okay, and I haven't seen the new TMNT. I can honestly say I prefer Vortexx, Justice League and DBZ Kai even while extremely censored beat out iCarly and all those live action shows any day.

Last edited:

HetaOni

Chesaught
IMO, they all suck. (I actually don't have the Hub so I have no rights to dislike it.)
Although, people speak of a promising CN 2013 line-up. If someone could just show me this...

D

Deleted member 318910

I would say The Hub is the best because of Superman: The Animated Series and MLP: FiM (don't hate. really don't hate.). Transformers is also really good.

Nickelodeon just plain sucks with all the crappy sitcoms (ICarly started out good, but then it went to way of 24. >.>), and Spongebob has been horrible, can't come up with good, original ideas, FOP is disgusting, the US government sucks. The only thing that's keeping the channel afloat is the TMNT show, and even that's probably gonna get moved to NickToons (which is awesome btw) once ratings drop to 5%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Cartoon Network and Disney XD are the best. Cartoon Network has Pokemon, Regular Show, MAD, Ben 10, and Star Wars.
Disney XD has Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man and may become Star Wars new channel soon

D

Deleted member 318910

Cartoon Network and Disney XD are the best. Cartoon Network has Pokemon, Regular Show, MAD, Ben 10, and Star Wars.
Disney XD has Avengers, Ultimate Spider-Man and may become Star Wars new channel soon

You think Ultimate Spider-Man's good?>.>

I used to have faith in humanity...

BlueDragonfangirl

In my opinion they've all been pretty bad as of late, Disney and the Hub slighty better than the others. Disney is getting better with its animated shows at least, live action shows could be better but Good Luck Charlie is alright I guess.

The past Cartoon Network was ok, Ben 10 AF/UA was pretty fun other than that.

Nick is the worse, it only places Sponge bob over and over again, I know its one of the best rated shows on Nick but my gosh only so much you can take of the thing. Than again, other than maybe Penguins of Madagascar {Which is almost over} and kind of that Kung-Fu Panda series, no new shows have been really that good to begin with. I give the Legend if Korra but season 1 was a big mess again my opinion, who lets a guy like Mako get away with crap like that? Its like the people are saying "Hey guys, its ok to treat woman like that!" While great people like Bolin and Asami get hearts crushed bah.

Nephilim

Muffin Button Master
I voted for the opposite that the majority of others did... I find almost nothing on Cartoon Network interesting, while at least Nickelodeon plays shows I at least liked before. Granted, I don't watch either anymore, but my opinion remains..

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't get the Hub, so I can't judge that one.

I'll agree with the majority here. Cartoon Network is far and away the best of the cartoon channels. I think they sort of hit a low point from like 2007-2009, but they seem to be getting back on their feet.

Next is Disney, which isn't exactly spectacular, either, as they've got nothing outside of Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls. However, what else is new? Disney has never been all cartoons, even in the "golden age of children's programming" that was the 90s. Even back in most of your childhoods, they had stuff like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens.

Nickelodeon, however, is horrible. Nothing but Spongebob reruns, and certainly nothing good except for The Legend of Korra and TMNT. Seriously, at least Disney is giving some variety in their shows instead of constantly replaying whatever happens to be popular over and over again.
Then again, I'm slightly biased, because I can't stand Viacom (Vilecom, as I call them). They ruin pretty much everything they touch. Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central... everything.

Though out of curiosity, why are people bashing Nickelodeon for showing live action shows? Nickelodeon has always had live action shows, even back in the 90s with All That!, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, etc.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Though out of curiosity, why are people bashing Nickelodeon for showing live action shows? Nickelodeon has always had live action shows, even back in the 90s with All That!, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, etc.

I think you mean Cartoon Network having live action shows. But some of the live action shows on Nickelodeon aren't very good in of themselves. They're all tween-coms, and of course, a lot of people here (myself included) don't like the tween-coms. I'm sure That's So Raven and Lizzie McGuire were tween-coms, but the difference is the writing. Something tells me the people writing these shows don't really understand tweens too well. That, or people are just so sick and tired of how melodramatic everything is.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Sigh... If only the Hub wasn't a premium channel... :(

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Nickelodeon just plain sucks with all the crappy sitcoms (ICarly started out good, but then it went to way of 24. >.>), and Spongebob has been horrible, can't come up with good, original ideas, FOP is disgusting, the US government sucks. The only thing that's keeping the channel afloat is the TMNT show, and even that's probably gonna get moved to NickToons (which is awesome btw) once ratings drop to 5%.

And last but not least, well yes least we have Nick/Nicktoons. In my opinion it's the worst with all those live action shows. Spongebob isn't the same, I've seen every episode of the Fairly Odd Parents, Korra was okay, and I haven't seen the new TMNT. I can honestly say I prefer Vortexx, Justice League and DBZ Kai even while extremely censored beat out iCarly and all those live action shows any day.
^ Nope, I meant Nickelodeon.

I don't know. When I was young, I enjoyed shows like Lizzie McGuire and Even Stevens as much as the next 90s kid, but I feel like if I were to go back and watch them now, I'd find them just as poorly written and clichéd as shows like Hannah Montana or The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. More realistic, perhaps, but realism can't entirely hide bad writing or clichés.
Believe me, I understand. That live action shows are probably the only thing about Cartoon Network that annoys me. They're trying too hard to be like Nickelodeon and Disney, in my opinion.

WildHennaCharizard

Though out of curiosity, why are people bashing Nickelodeon for showing live action shows? Nickelodeon has always had live action shows, even back in the 90s with All That!, Kenan and Kel, Clarissa Explains it All, etc.[/QUOTE]

The reason people hate them is because like Kutie Pie said there are Tween coms that are mixed with American idol for good meaure. All the shows have the same primise of Tweens trying to became the "NEXT BIG THING" in the enterment industry wither its music or acting. The shows in the 90s had more verity in terms of plot. "All That" was a kid themed Saturday night live, "Clarissa Explains it all" was about growing up, "Salute your shorts" was about kids having adventures at Summer Camp.