• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best/Worst Metronome moments

mudkipinator

Living life
The title pretty much says it all, what are your best and worst moments using metronome. My best moment was yesterday as i restarted my soulsilver my topepi had metronome and going against a sandshrew it used metronome, " togepi used dark void" the following turn togepi used metronome again" Topegi used leaf storm" my reaction was "OH YEAHHHH!" and to top if off the following turn it used Stone edge on a zubat :D.
so now share and discuss your metronome stories!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Well metronome gave me blast burn once.

Gelatino95

Not a tool
Best: Roar of Time (unfortunately no Judgement)

Worst: Selfdestruct against Gastly (no foresight or odor sleuth)

M4zz

Banned
Oh, this memory has stuck with me.

I sent out my Clefairy against another. I use metronome, and miss with Sheer Cold. The opposing Clefairy also used Sheer Cold. And hit.

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
I had a metronome battle in 4th gen. I got Explosion/Selfdestruct/Memento/Lunar Dance on 4 different pokemon.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Another is sheer cold against arceus.

mudkipinator

Living life
it must terrible gett explosion, lunar dance, seft destruct, and memento in one game.

Creeper

om nom nom
Best: Blast Burn, Rock Wrecker. No recoil.

Worst: Blast Burn, Rock Wrecker. I was fighting a Geodude.

BTW, does Metronome make you use a move you don't know, or any move?

Cuz my Electabuzz got Thunderpunch when it knew Thunderpunch.

Last edited:

OkikuMew

I had amazing luck with metronome that my Mew on Yellow have (yea, I was a noob back then), I kept getting powerful+super effective moves according to whatever I was against (ex.: Hydro Pump against a fire type, followed by Thunder/Thunderbolt against a Gyarados, etc). Saved me quite a few times...

Unfortunately I had my bad days too, like Splash... erf.

And I think there's one time Metronome called in... Metronome XD Not 100% sure though.

Best time: Using Metronome and getting Explosion which won me tha match in the SS 4th Gym leader.

Worst time: Metronome turning into Fling while my Poke was holding an EXP.Share -.-

PokemonTrainerKaden

A togepi used sheer cold on my Conkeldurr and Entie. Back to back!

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
My best Metronome moment was in Heartgold, where my Togepi pulled off Roar of Time against Morty's Gengar. Another good one was in Platinum, where my Togepi used Dark Pulse against Fantina's Duskull. An awesome one used against me was in Crystal, where Whitney's Clefairy used Selfdestruct against my Gastly.

Now for the worst ones. The worst was actually in a Mystery Dungeon game. In Explorers of Time, Mew's first move against me was Metronome, which became Frenzy Plant. I was a Piplup. Ow. Also, Whitney's Clefairy wound up using Thunder against my Scyther in Soulsilver.

Rey Alejandro

GOKAI CHANGE!
Morty's gym in HG/SS, I got rid of Extrasensory for Metronome like an idiot, and Togepi was my last pokemon against his last pokemon. I'm thinking, what the hell else can I do?

Metronome gets an ohko Shadow Force.

Tavo_Zx

The Iron Man
Battling an elite 4 in Platinum (don't remember who) used metronome and got splash, after i had gotten sacred fire from it -_-

Accipitri

Space relic
In XD, there was some sort of rental mode. I was playing a double battle against my brother. Both of our pokemon had Metronome (I think they were a Geodude and a Squirtle but idk), We both used it, targeting each other, and got transform.