• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Best Zelda Game

Best Zelda Game?

• Legend of Zelda (Original)

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Votes: 21 17.9%
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Votes: 33 28.2%
  • Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Legend of Zelda: A Link To the Past

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Other (Link's Awakening, Four Swords Adventures, etc.)

Votes: 10 8.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblematic

Lurking...
I love WW. I found sailing fun...and when the story got boring you had SO many islands to explore, Unlike TP which had very short and few open field dungeons.

E-Hero Winged Kuriboh

Twilight Princess. *Is shot*

No, seriously. I liked it more than any other Zelda game, better than WW, LTTP, OOT, MM. I don't even know why, it just did it for me.

Swift

Please tell me that was a joke.

All of the Zelda plotlines are unoriginal, cliche, yet praised only for their presentation (yet people treat the plot and the characters as good). The plot is essentially the same thing every game: Ganondorf abducts Zelda and tries to get a powerful force, and Link must stop it. It is another boring good vs. evil story. There are SO many better plotlines out there. Take the Phoenix Wright series for example. Or Trauma Center (even though its presentation is pretty mey). And too many RPGs to name.

Arguments like this piss off REAL Zelda fans, you know?
Oracle of Ages: Link saves "Nayru" (oracle and goddess of wisdom) and fights "Veran".
Oracle of Seasons: Link saves "Din" (oracle and goddess of power) and fights "Onyx".
Link's Awakening: Zelda mentioned once in beginning, no Ganon.
Research before you argue, or else bring your s#%t to me.

WindWaker: wtf happened to Hyrule? In other words, all of Hyrule drowned, but these random islands survived on...what? Giant mountains? lol funny game though. 7/10
Majora's Mask: full of epic fail. Seriously, who introduces a time limit to a free range/quest/adventure game? W.T.B.F?!? Ghey. -1,000,000/10
Ocarina of Time: dude, whoever bashes this game can burn. Most amazing game in all existence. Still gives me butterflies XD infinate/10

Edit: Interesting sidenote I forgot. Try learning to play an Ocarina. Sounds beautiful, and not many people take the time.

Last edited:

RedZone

Underdog
Ocarina of the Time was the best by far imo, followed by Majora's Mask.

Out of every Zelda game I've played I got MUCH more into those two than any others. They were just so good. I can't even really explain why.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
Twilight Princess. I like the items and enemies. I don't really see how people think it's bad.

I also like aLttP, OoT, and the Oracle games.

Bryloom

Trains and such
As much as I like Ganondorf as a villain, I've gotta say my favorite Zeldas are Majora's Mask, Link's Awakening and Minish Cap.

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
I've played every single Zelda game (Minus the tingle's rupee land one =P) and I still have to say that twilight princess was one of the best in the series imo. Ocarina of time was good, and did so much for the genre (Z targeting for example) but the story and gameplay didn't grab me quite the same way that Twilight princess.

I can see why so many people like OoT. First of all it tends to be their first entry into the series, and as such have an overwhelming love for it (FFVII fanboys, I'm looking at you >.>) Second it revolutionized the genre while remaining the same zelda we've always known and loved. But twilight princess truly refined it imo, which is why I vote it the best in the series.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Twilight Princess is one of the best Zelda games ever! To be honest, that is actually my very first Zelda game lol XD I could've picked Ocarina of Time at the same time but it's one or the other sadly :[ But hey, Ocarina of Time is pretty awesome too...even though I haven't even defeated the first boss yet (I got this game over a month ago and played it but gahhhhh I hate to procrastinate from this game >_____<)

Swift

Thanks for bumping a 9 month old thread, and criticizing the best Zelda game!

Now gtfo.

Why? What statisticly makes Majora's Mask an asset to the Zelda series?
As for the thread...better to revive it than start a new one. All it took was one post.

Ocarina of Time ftw!

~Swift the Halfling Vampyre

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
Thanks for bumping a 9 month old thread

Ackkk!!! Are you serious this thread's been idle for that long? Shoot I should've watched the dates of posts before I posted -_____- If it doesn't get revived well, it won't be long before a mod would most likely close it.

Slick

Banned
Why? What statisticly makes Majora's Mask an asset to the Zelda series?

Well, what makes it an asset to the series is the fact that it was released by Nintendo, and the title starts with the words "The Legend of Zelda", but that's beside the point.

Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game because of the reason's you stated and more. I personally liked Wind Waker more, but somehow I know Majora's Mask is the best in the series. That's saying something.

Plus, it introduced Tingle. Thank you very much, good bloody night.

Trollebi

it's tough between Majora's Mask and Ocarina, i love Majora's dark storyline but i also love Ocarina for it's epicness

i'm going for Majora here, but it's VERY close

Status
Not open for further replies.