• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beta leftovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking through the sprites from when people were first learning how to extract data from DP...

There are a few small glitches; Pokemon that have more than 1 form, such as Deoxys, Burmy, Cherrim, Shellos, and Gastrodon, use alternates for all their forms. Their base form uses a different palette. This was rectified when we got the locations for the alternates, but this opened a door to what I believe is a beta leftover. Take a look at this page I made, here.

EDIT:

The original link is down due to some error I am not sure of. I have reuploaded it here.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Haha that's cool

if you find anything else like that you should definitely post it :D

R_N

huh, sotehre was going to be a third Shellos and Gastrodon. Seems interesting. Odd how it didn't get its own little sprite for it though.
I guess that the pink versions of the blues were either glitched up or consdiered at one point in development rather than the blue we all know.

Totoro

O hai you guysh !
Glad someone else noticed that odd backsprite of Gastrodon.

And thanks for the alternate backsprites, I couldn't find them anywhere!

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
I think I see what's going on. Before they had programming for different Shellos forms, they used the animation frames to achieve two different appearances and, hypothetically, the shiny logic to use two different palettes for them. Well, that's my guess anyway. (Just a guess)

The backsprites are whoah. They're totally different! The Pokédex did say that "two distinct variations were discovered in Sinnoh," so, you never know, there may be more Shellos variations in future games. ;)

Nintendo Power says Shellos and Gastrodon were designed for Ruby and Sapphire but never implemented. Maybe they altered it between then? It almost looks like a cross-breed but according to others a baby Shellos will carry the form of its mother.

And it's not a gender difference. The official Japanese Pokedex shows all the gender differences here.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Do these sprites still exist in the final version of the game?

Tabris

Beginning Trainer
Different genders.

Males and Females have different sprites, gg.
I'm pretty certain that Shellos and Gastrodon don't have individual gender sprites. It depends on which side of Sinnoh you catch it on. One side, you get pink, the other, blue.

Pokemonforever

Or, if a Johto remake is done, a type of shellos can be caught???

Do these sprites still exist in the final version of the game?

Yes, at least in the Japanese version. I do not know if they are in the other regions' releases.

willypiggy

this is quite interesting, it kinda backs up my theory that there is more to D/P than we know.. like the maids in the Mansion, even though people have acked I swear there is something there but maybe Nintneod don't want us to see it till the time is right so they have hidden it....

NES

Flip me to the side!
this is quite interesting, it kinda backs up my theory that there is more to D/P than we know.. like the maids in the Mansion, even though people have acked I swear there is something there but maybe Nintneod don't want us to see it till the time is right so they have hidden it....

It would be hard to hide something like that though, i mean, they hacked it and all that, so i'm sure there is nothing left, if there is it would be so amazing!.

mbruno

Thats cool, just liek the flowerpatch and trees in the ocean i discovered.

If your talking about what I think you are, it sounds to me like what you found is the place where you find the event Pokemon Shaymin.

Bayleef

Onion?
If your talking about what I think you are, it sounds to me like what you found is the place where you find the event Pokemon Shaymin.
I doubt it. An extremely long bridge is made to reach the island with Shaymin on it, and I don't think you can surf that far out into the ocean. I'm all for checking that though.

Exiled_Sicilian

STalking is a hobby.
Nintendo Power says Shellos and Gastrodon were designed for Ruby and Sapphire but never implemented. Maybe they altered it between then? It almost looks like a cross-breed but according to others a baby Shellos will carry the form of its mother.

And it's not a gender difference. The official Japanese Pokedex shows all the gender differences here.

Well then it looks like you have discovered something.

I don't think the alternate backsprites are available for avatars :( they really should be, so we can spread the knowledge other than me bumping this thread X)

Status
Not open for further replies.