• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beta leftovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
The problem is that, unless they stuck a SINGLE betamon in some obscure corner of the data, there's no code to activate, although theoretically it'd be simple enough to have the game load a normal Shellos with the beta sprites, if they decide to use this one some time.

There's only one set of Shellos data; the only difference is in the sprites. So yeah, it would be possible to alter an existing Shellos to change its sprite number.

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
I wonder, could there be any data for beta maps, perhaps where the third Shellos would have been used?

*~Fearless~*

++LaZy DaYs++
Crazy Weavile said:
That Cherrim doesn't seem to be a beta sprite, but rather a beta palette, if I'm not mistaken.
Actually,if you stop the video and look it very closely Cherrim looks different.It looks like that it helds its head bit downer.

I love beta info,thats why i came here.^_^
The beta shellos is intresting,too. There are few beta music left over also.
But i would like to see beta maps,they would be intresting.
Maybe we should ask Bent for this one?

*puts the link of the thread in signature*

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
No it doesn´t work in the Spear Pillar.

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
As I've said before, it's most likely impossible without hacking, since the frontsprites don't match. HOWEVER, it's possible but unlikely that a pair with the right frontsprites is in the coding somewhere. We need to search every nook and cranny!

Leebui

Questionable...
I wonder, could there be any data for beta maps, perhaps where the third Shellos would have been used?

Map 511 is a beta of the Hall of Origin. It's a beta because the entrance back to Mt. Coronet (the exit basically) was not programmed into that map.

Also, many believe the E4's "Mystery Zone" and the glitched maps that go along with it were betas, because that did not have the correct collision detection, music, graphics correctly set.

Also, from being in the Mystery Zone for so long, I can almost say positively that some maps were added JUST to have background and foreground music. Which meant most maps had 3 maps joined together.

Yeah, interesting stuff, no?

Crazy Weavile

Um... your nose OK?
Hmm... Anyone got a list of D/P maps to look at? It may come in handy in our quest for beta material...

I think this topic needs stickied.

Ninetails

This stuff reminds me of the beta maps and music from Crystal. :D I'm sure that with all the data available there have to be pieces of music we've never heard before tucked away in the games.

need_2_read

Genius Teenage Girl
i have no clue, but we could try hatching an egg in the mystery zone on a japenese version of the game, but we need someone who can speak japenese
lucky me, i cant speak japenese

Heh, a cool find indeed. I've always liked Shellos, even if it's not the most powerful Pokemon out there.

If someone DID get this form, through chance or cheat devices, could it mess up your current game? Cause I want one as long as my game doesn't get screwed XD.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Hmm... interesting. I too have a friend who is an expert on hacking via AR, and such. I meet up with him in a few days - maybe he can find out...

Leebui

Questionable...
i have no clue, but we could try hatching an egg in the mystery zone on a japenese version of the game, but we need someone who can speak japenese
lucky me, i cant speak japenese

Mhm....

You don't need a Japanese person, we just need a random guy with a glitched JP version, like, I don't know, me? Nah, what could possibly point out I have a glitched version aside from the fact that I waste most of my time bashing n00bs on the Darkrai and Shaymin glitch thread and have a location to place a JP Pearl Friend Code in my sig. NOTHING I say!

Anyway, I thought Shellos forms were decided within the egg already? Or is it random?

Besides, PokeSAV can't access the form, which means even if the sprite were there, the Pokemon isn't. For all I know, it's just floating unused data. But I'll see if I can hack my Emu some magic, for the sake of research!

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
man this keeps getting more intresting everytime i come

Status
Not open for further replies.