1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Beta Music

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by Gulzar, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Gulzar

Gulzar Grass Trainer

After the popularity of the beta maps that I posted, I decided to display the beta music that I have found. These are the first three songs:

Beta 1
    Beta 2
    Beta 3

Sorry you have to download them :(. Just scroll down until you get to the “free” button. Click that, wait until the timer runs down, enter the password, and click the “download” button. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I couldn’t find another way.

So my question is: What do you think of these songs, and where would they have gone in the game?
    ;001;

2. setokaibarocket

setokaibarocket Not on much anymore.

Only beta music 3 is working for me; it's currently downloading. Here's a beta song from crystal: http://media.putfile.com/Unused-Crystal-Music

And in future you may consider converting the songs to MP3 to spare us dialup users...

3. muckers

muckers *yawn*

Cheers for the beta song from Crystal, but the other downloads are working fine for me.

Mabye you tried downloading all of them at once? Because Rapidshare forbids multiple downloads from a single IP that doesn't have a premium account.

Or it could just have been a bit busy at the time. Either way, try them again.

Once they're done for me, I'll convert them for those still lumbered with good (?) old dial up. ;)

4. GOHAN

GOHAN Guest

thanks alooot doood but ihave that movie

5. setokaibarocket

setokaibarocket Not on much anymore.

... Yes...

EDIT: Dang, still wont work...
    EDIT2: Got it, now downloading...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  6. muckers

muckers *yawn*

Right, here we are - Dial-up friendly (but no reduction in quality) MP3 versions.

Beta music 1

Beta music 2

Beta music 3

Good thing about Flurl.com is that you can stream it from the site and download it to your HDD as well. ^_^

7. Incrediboy

Incrediboy Guest

The last one is very Legend of Zelda-ish.

8. muckers

muckers *yawn*

My guesses for where they were from:

Beta 1: Goldenrod or the Department Store
    Beta 2: Elm's Lab or somewhere in New Bark Town
    Beta 3: After beating the Elite 4 (that outro sequence, *not* the credits)

9. Gulzar

Gulzar Grass Trainer

setokaibarocket: Good find! I don’t think I’ve heard that song before.
    muckers: Thanks a million for the mp3’s! Also, interesting theory about Goldenrod or the Department Store for song 1. I never would have thought of that.
    ;001;

Correction: I have heard that song somewhere, setokaibarocket. It’s Clair’s music from the Dragon Den. It’s one of the few songs that you hear only once in the game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  10. muckers

muckers *yawn*

Yeah, I thought that cos it sounded a bit more upbeat, y'know? And Goldenrod's supposed to be a big city, and it might be all excited (ergo upbeat) for Hiro since he's going on his first adventure.

But then I though - the radio stations! Some of them could be from the Pokemon Music channel on the Johto radio.

Not the third one - I'm adament it's beta outro music. :p

11. Waffles

Waffles WACKY DELLY YEAH

The first one sounds like bike music that they ditched, the second one is most likely planned for use in the beginning of the game. The third, however, is the outro, wait about 5-10 seconds when is says THE END.

12. Actually, the first song IS used in Crystal; it's the music that plays while the game is trying to connect via phone adapter. (Needless to say, it is unheard in the U.S. version of the game.)

Also, about the second song, notice that it has no percussion part. The major difference between the music of R/G/B/Y and G/S/C was that R/G/B/Y's music had very little or no percussion, while the G/S/C tracks have full percussion, likely placing this music early in G/S/C's production.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  13. Gulzar

Gulzar Grass Trainer

Very interesting insight HexaTyphlosion! I have only heard/seen the Crystal Phone Adapter attached to a game once. I do sort of recall some unique music from the loading sequence. You seem to be very knowledgeable when it comes to Pokémon music.

Note to everyone: Keep the idea’s coming!
    ;001;

14. Dunsparce

Dunsparce Well-Known Member

Dammit. Is there any way to save that song?

Edit: How do you get ANY of those songs onto your desktop?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  15. It's some of my favorite music, so I've heard it enough to know a lot about it.

Might I ask how you extracted the music? Because, I must admit, song #2 sounds rather odd compared to most other Pokémon music. I suspect it may be from a very early revision of the game. (Of course, this is nothing more than suspicion.)

And Dunsparce, to save the songs, just right click the link and pick "Save as..."

16. muckers

muckers *yawn*

In the three links that I posted, there's an option to 'Download File'. Just right click, and choose save as. Easy, on your desktop.

I've uploaded the Crystal track to Flurl.com as well, so you can do the same with that.

Click here.

17. Gulzar

Gulzar Grass Trainer

HexaTyphlosion, to answer your question, I use a rom for all of my uploads. My emulator has a built-in sound recording feature. Specifically, how I found them is a trade secret ;).
    muckers: Thanks again for uploading and reformatting all of the music!
    ;001;

18. The first one seemed kind of like the bike song.

The second one might have been a song for the pokemon center or just normal outside music.

The third one is probably an ending credit song or a tonwn song.

19. Ninetails

Ninetails Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear any other song tracks that didn't get used in the final game. :D

- Ninetails. ;038;

20. Nice, I've got it on my iPod now so whenever I feel like some Pokemon music in the car or on the streets, I can listen. Thanks loads guy/s/al/s...LOL