• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beta Music

Kana

kisses
^ Really? o_O;

Anyhow, these songs are cool. I especially love the first one. Thanks. ♥

SheWhoLovesPineapples

First – Either biking or surfing... most likely biking...
Second – Hmm... perhaps surfing... National Park... New Bark Town... some place calm.
Three – Also some place calm... maybe at the very beginning, when your character is just waking up and is asking you what time it is and such... or something sentimental... like at the end of the game. Maybe Lavendar Town or surfing. EDIT: I just beat my Silver. The song played after the credits. So... yah.
Four – The Game Corner, or when a Trainer is asking you to battle but the battle hasn't started yet.

That's what they sound like to me.

Last edited:

Fizz

So... The first two are beta ones, the third is the "THE END" music, and the extra Crystal one was the Dragon's Den Clair meeting music? I hope you can find more, Gulzar, 'cause these were pretty cool finds!

This may have been said, but the third song (or a song VERY similar to it) IS used in the English version... After the credits are done, wait a couple of seconds, and you'll hear song #3.

EDIT: More on Song #3: It's a recycled Nintendo song. I.E: Listen to the full beginning of Super Mario Advance 2 (Super Mario World), and you'll eventually hear a more vivacious version of that same song.

Last edited:
S

Sanky

The first one is a very cathy tone, second is some kind of slow for a pokémon game, and the third is actually the "THE END" music.
But, nice discovery!

[And sorry for my english mistakes, I'am from Czech republic :p ]

muckers

*yawn*
XD375 said:
How did you extract that? I have GameShark, did you use that?

You could probably use a Gameshark to access the music and to use it somewhere in the game (obviously temporarily), but you wouldn't be able to extract it with a GS.

To extract things like beta audio, music, maps etc. you need to work with the code as a file on your PC (ie. ROM) and various hacking tools which you'll be able to Google for download links.

Not sure which specific program Gulzar used to extract the audio, though.

Gulzar

Grass Trainer
Yeah, good old audio extracting… It’s not very easy for me…

I used a Gameshark to access the music on a rom. From there, I used my emulator’s built-in audio recorder. Since I don’t have any good audio recording tools, I just had the songs in wav format. Thanks again to Muckers for changing the format to mp3.

My recommendations for looking for more beta music:
1. Get an emulator with sound recording and Gameshark support.
2. Get a rom of the desired game.
3. Look on the internet for Gameshark codes that allow you to access any music.
4. Get a good program to edit/change the music files for ease of listening.

That’s about all.
;001;

ESE

Boulder Trainer
As someone said, the third song IS used in the original game, after the credits.
And according to a friend of mine, the song #2 is used in the japanese Crystal version, in the options screen about the information for the Mobile Phone Adaptor. Are you sure that it was extracted from Pokémon Gold, nor Crystal? Because if it was extracted from Crystal, then it isn't a beta theme. If it was actually extracted from Gold, that would mean that they decided to use a unused beta theme in Crystal.

Last edited:

Miyakazumi

Over the rainbow!
Wow, the first sounds like it's either at the start of the game, or when you beat the 4 first time. Third sound like a calm, end of the game music. ^^;

ESE

Boulder Trainer
Wrong. Beta means that something is either incomplette, or wasn't included in the final version. That theme was present in the japanese final version, therefore is isn't beta. Simply it is a unused theme in the other version of the game. Unused and beta have different meanings.

And I just realised that the first theme isn't beta either. It is Claire's theme, used in Crystal in the Dragon Den cutscene (someone pointed before that it is Claire's theme too, I think).

And the theme posted by setokaibarocket was used in the japanese Crystal version too. So it turns out that NONE of those themes is actually "beta". Nice try, though.

Last edited: