• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beta Trick Room Team - Doubles

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
547.gif
560.gif
323.gif
474.gif
224.gif
579.gif

My Trick Room team for Doubles. The idea is simple; have Whimsicott set up Trick Room and then have Camurupt, Octillery, Porygon-Z and Reuniclus sweep as much as they can. Scrafty and Reuniclus are the bulk of the team, and the latter is a back up Trick Room user.

547.gif

Ruff Puff @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpD
- Trick Room
- Encore
- Light Screen
- Helping Hand
Whimsicott outside Trick Room is basically the same thing outside of Trick Room. In addition it gets Priority in Trick Room, so it is almost guaranteed to set up Trick Room. From there on, Ruff Puff is a supporter; Encore to mess the opponents up, Light Screen for added SpD and Helping Hand for an offensive boost.

560.gif

O'Chunks @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 252 Atk
- Fake Out
- Protect
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
First thing he will do is use Fake Out so Cotton is guaranteed to get Trick Room. From there, Scrafty will use Drain Punch for decent damage as well as being able to restore his own HP, and then Crunch for the extra Dark STAB. Notice that Fighting and Dark are resisted by nothing except Bug? It’s like Ghost/Fighting but only slightly worse. Its hidden ability Intimidate keeps physical attacker from doing much, whilst Cotton’s Light Screen keeps special attackers at bay. A combination of Intimidate and Fake Out means that Billy will keep coming back after he’s switched out so sometimes he can be as annoying as Whimsicott.

323.gif

Mt LavaLava @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 128 SpD/ 128 Def/ 252 SpA
- Eruption
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
In Trick Room conditions, Camurupt outclasses Typhlosion due to lower speed and almost equal Special Attack. Eruption + Trick Room will do lots of damage to a lot of things, and the fantastic thing about Trick Room is that no EVs are required for Speed so I have used Def and SpD EVs instead to keep Cameurpt alive. That + Solid Rock = awesome. Should his HP decline anyway, then Sitrus Berry can be used to keep Eruption stronger than Heat Wave. Earth Power is for Dual STAB, and Heat Wave is a backup should Eruption get too weak. Earthquake is an option over Earth Power but it hurts my team and is less powerful that Earthquake with the given EV spread.

474.gif

TEC @ Macho Brace
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 Def
- Trick Room
- Tri-Attack/ Swift
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
Maybe Porygon-Z is not that fast to sweep, but if it’s slow enough then surely it can do something in Trick Room? Macho Brace solves that problem, halving his speed to approximately 42 at LV50, whilst still maintaining incredible 205 SpA and acceptable defenses. Tri-Attack does heavy damage to only one opponent, whilst Swift will hit both opponents for passable damage. I don’t know what to choose here, so suggestions appreciated. Ice Beam and Discharge round this set of nicely due to its fantastic coverage.

224.gif

Super Blooper @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 128 SpD/ 128 Def/ 252 SpA
- Water Spout
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Surf
Octillery finds a home in Trick Room with its terrible speed. The priority it gets in Trick Room and raw power of Water Spout + Sniper is too much to resist. Ice Beam is important coverage against Dragons and Surf is if Water Spout gets too weak.

579.gif

Magiblot @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
It is certain that Reuniclus really shines in Trick Room. It is the third thing that can set up Trick Room on this team which is great. In addition it can reach 217 HP and 194 SpA which is quite nice with “high” speed. Psychic is for STAB and Focus Blast for coverage, but unfortunately it does not gain anything to use in Doubles, but regardless it is still effective.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
some of these people i have never faced in pokemon, so good job making the best out of them!

since blooper is getting priority anyway, i can only suggest maybe switching protect with flamethrower?

PokefanTez

He put protect on Blooper so it can survive an attack in doubles. Speaking of Blooper, have it use Scald instead of Surf.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
only one pokemon, porygon z, will attack all pokemon on field, so there is a small chance they will be out at the same time

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
Yeah I will try out Scald. Thanks!

Protect is important in Doubles, as it really messes up the opponent if used correctly. It also gives Protection against Porygon-Zs Discharge, or Octillery's Surf if I use it.

DragonSkull94

The Heartless Hero
Any other suggestions?