• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Better Eight Than Never! (256)

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked when Snorlax used Ice Punch and Charizard when evaporated the pool. Ash really did good in this Gym. I also liked how Charla got confused when Wynaut took her food.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Favourite Johto Gym Battle episode. Snorlax using Ice Punch surprised me, and I loved how none of Kingdra's attacks were able to faze it. Gyarados seemed overpowered, but Pikachu using Agility to climb Hydro Pump and landing a point-blank range Thunderbolt was awesome. Dragonair's moveset didn't impress me, especially using Iron Tail against a Fire-type, but Ash thinking outside the box and evaporating the water in the pool was great. The battle in the sky didn't disappoint me, either. I wish Charizard learned Dragon Breath prior to this episode, rather than in the Battle Frontier saga, though.
9/10

Daizy

I call you honey
I didn't like how the writers brought up Ice attacks being good against Dragon types when Snorlax attacked Kingdra with Ice Punch, but not Water being resistant to it. Just once I'd like the writers to explain how resistances and weakness cancel each other.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
I didn't like how the writers brought up Ice attacks being good against Dragon types when Snorlax attacked Kingdra with Ice Punch, but not Water being resistant to it. Just once I'd like the writers to explain how resistances and weakness cancel each other.

In fairness, type resistances in general are kind of moot in the anime anyway since the writers ignore that too often.

I didn't expect Clair to use Kingdra first since that was her main Pokemon in the games and it should've gone last, but it was cool seeing Snorlax use Ice Punch to win that battle. Pikachu winning against Gyarados was too predictable since we all knew Pikachu had an advantage and Charizard vs Dragonair felt more balanced since it could've easily gone either way by the end which made the finale seem more crucial.

Good gym battle but not the best in Johto. Charizard is awesome.

Rankings:

1. Ash vs Jasmine (6) MVP: Cyndaquil
2. Ash vs Clair (8) MVP: Charizard
3. Ash vs Pryce (7) MVP: Cyndaquil
4. Ash vs Bugsy (2) MVP: Cyndaquil
5. Ash vs Morty (4) MVP: Noctowl
6. Ash vs Falkner (1) MVP: Pikachu
7.Ash vs Whitney REMATCH (3) MVP: Pikachu
8. Ash vs Chuck (5) MVP: Bayleef
9. Ash vs Whitney (3) MVP: Miltank