• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Better Layouts/Skins

What do you think of Serebii's layouts?

• They're fantastic already! No need for a change!

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • I'm not one to care about layouts and such...

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • They're abysmal! >_< Change. Now.

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
i think the PC layouts are quite garish actually, as are most elaborate layouts. serebii has some quite good ones (even though a few suck), and i dont mind them at all. i use the psychic type skin and it works wonderfully for me. i dont need a fancy layout

The dark theme, Dragon theme and several of the other themes are perfectly adequate. I don't really see why we need extra themes, considering all people will do is continue to complain about them. ;/ And PC has terrible skins :x

-Josh :)

Volteon

Back I guess??
I love the flying skin, the blue color and light blue letters don´t hurt my eyes (white letters and black background or vice versa hurts fastly) also the blue matches with wind. XP colors.

S

smiley.

There fine for me, I use the Default one. Sure some of them look crap, but just use one you like and stop moaning.

Wolf Goddess

~Lupo Di Autunno~
Serebii said:
I assure you, an average style takes at least 2 hours to make without the graphics

I wasn't aware that you made them.

And the excuse for the hacks is...?

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Sciz made the graphics, and how ever much I admire him for making all of them, I do think the imagery needs updating. Both banners at the top need to be more eye catching, they need to make people opening the forums think 'wow'.

blueguy

used Metronome!
RaZoR LeAf said:
Sciz made the graphics, and how ever much I admire him for making all of them, I do think the imagery needs updating. Both banners at the top need to be more eye catching, they need to make people opening the forums think 'wow'.

I agree with you... Overall, I've changed my opinion to something less radical.

I think that some of the layouts aren't bad, if I'll be honest. The Dark-type and Normal-type are actually pretty nice. But, I think that:

1) The forum markers should be changed to reflect each skin's theme, instead of Celebi (a.k.a. a water-type image for the water skin etc.)
2) The banners should stretch the entire top of the page, should be more graphically appealing, and should have such things as the rules and the pokédex incorporated into it, instead of seperated into three different areas, as we have now.

I think I generalized too much when I created this thread. Not *all* the skins are dreadful... (though some are a little bit bad)... I just think that my two new suggestions would benefit the forums' layouts.

PokePaladin

Suimori bidoof ftw!
Nah, they are fine... Actually fantastic. Mostly they are, atleast...

Maybe the banners in some skins could be remade, but nothing to complain about in my opinion.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Abhishek said:
@ Blueguy
Your seond suggestion would take up space/bandwidth.

Your real smart...

As it's already been mentioned there are plenty of repeat avatars that can be removed to spare on bandwidth plus a forum hack that would help save it.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
blueguy said:
I agree with you... Overall, I've changed my opinion to something less radical.

I think that some of the layouts aren't bad, if I'll be honest. The Dark-type and Normal-type are actually pretty nice. But, I think that:

1) The forum markers should be changed to reflect each skin's theme, instead of Celebi (a.k.a. a water-type image for the water skin etc.)
2) The banners should stretch the entire top of the page, should be more graphically appealing, and should have such things as the rules and the pokédex incorporated into it, instead of seperated into three different areas, as we have now.

I think I generalized too much when I created this thread. Not *all* the skins are dreadful... (though some are a little bit bad)... I just think that my two new suggestions would benefit the forums' layouts.
That could work but it's his fourms so he could have his representitive image on each skin. No need to change the Celebis. I don't mind them.
I kinda like the banners the size they are. No point in making a banner that big.
I just stick with the dark skin. I also think most of the PC skins are god aweful.

Last edited:
S

Sammi

PC skins aren't *that* bad... some of them are extremely pretty to me (the older ones aren't as great, and some of the newer ones too [personally I don't like the default one] but one of the admins, Kent Colton Rogers, makes some pretty darn good skins, IMO). And they're pretty strict about making most of them work at 800x600, so don't start with the banners (there's only one that I can think of that's larger than that). I understand if you don't like them though.
...sorry, I couldn't help but jump in about that. I'm kind of protective of PC. =P

On topic... The skins are fine. I don't see why you're complaining. The default looks great to me. The colors look nice, and the banners look fine. It's not like I'm looking at them most of the time anyway. :/
If the admins take the time to make new skins, okay. If they don't, it's no big deal. Just learn to deal with it.

If you wanted new skins that bad, maybe you could consider a contest? But meh, that would involve time :/

Dragonfree

Just me
Frankly, I despise quite a few skins on both here and Pokécommunity - the difference is that the Serebiiforums have fast-loading skins and Pokécommunity has slow-loading skins. I prefer fast-loading.

Images are overrated.

(Actually, to be honest, when I checked through all the skins on both sites, I found only a couple that I could stand looking at on Pokécommunity but quite a few here...)

OgLoc187

Salamence Master
Hey serebii im not asking much but the green gets boring could you like change the colour like every month so that it doesn't get boring.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
OgLoc187 I think you're missing the point of the thread. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page and you'll see a drop down menu in thelft most corner. You can change the colours there yourself.

sarcasm

Banned
Both PC and SPPfs styles are horrible. It takes 3529245 minutes for PC to load (even I'm on a freaking broadband line) due to all of their oversized borders and overuse of gradients. Serebii's are just plain, a bit too plain, but at least they don't take days to load a page.

Also, SPPf as the best pokemon forum = lol. I don't think a best pokemon forum exists, to be quite honest.